Harris 2024 election thread

thought question: if Kamala was chosen as VP and allowed her to advance politically because she was non white, female, why do we not question and ask the same thing of JD being chosen? he was chosen because he is white, male, and ultra maga...
Race bait much?

So I've seen a few posts on Twitter about how Harris isn't fit to be president because she doesn't have kids... WTF does that have to do with anything?
It doesn't, neither does her ethnicity. I actually think she will be a tough debate for Trump, he's not practiced at debating anyone with a clear thought process, from either party.

thought question: if Kamala was chosen as VP and allowed her to advance politically because she was non white, female, why do we not question and ask the same thing of JD being chosen? he was chosen because he is white, male, and ultra maga...
I think because we’re used to it…. I think the reason it took so long for Trump to announce is because he was going with Noem with her number one drawing point being she is a woman till we all found out she shot her dog. In America you can be senile or convicted of 34 felonies but you can’t shoot a dog. Trump needed a woman on his ticket badly.

Last edited:
I think because we’re used to it…. I think the reason it took so long for Trump to announce is because he was going with Noem with her number one drawing point being she is a woman till we all found out she shit her dog. In America you can be senile or convicted of 34 felonies but you can’t shoot a dog. Trump needed a woman on his ticket badly.

What did she do to her dog?

I think because we’re used to it…. I think the reason it took so long for Trump to announce is because he was going with Noem with her number one drawing point being she is a woman till we all found out she shit her dog. In America you can be senile or convicted of 34 felonies but you can’t shoot a dog. Trump needed a woman on his ticket badly.
So then he went with Vance... who isn't exactly woman friendly.

Knew this was coming. DEI just means not white man to them. If she's just a DEI candidate and not worthy of the role then they shouldn't be worried about her at all... should be an easy election to win.

He opposes no-fault divorce, including those who do so to leave abusive marriages. He’s compared abortion to slavery, supports a national abortion ban and rejects exceptions for rape – “Two wrongs don’t make a right,” he said. He called women without children “miserable cat ladies” and villied working moms as bad parents who want to “shunt their kids into crap day care so they can enjoy more ‘freedom.’” For him, universal child care amounts to “class war against normal people.”

We have people on this board who are going to vote for the Trump/Vance ticket.
Agree with these policies? Don't care, as it doesn't affect you personally?

There are some things I just can't get past philosophically, which is why on the other side I would not be able to vote for Bernie or Warren. Even if I agree with them on some things, they just take it too far. This is way too far for me. I prefer Roe v Wade as I think it is a personal choice. But, at state level after years of hearing Republicans scream "States rights" at least makes logical sense to me. But a national ban is the big federal government telling the people what to do. That isn't even close to "conservative." Opposing no-fault divorce. More government telling people what to do.

This guy is hugely in favor of a massive federal government controlling our lives so that people act like he wants them to. That is a philosophy I can't get behind.

Last edited:
He opposes no-fault divorce, including those who do so to leave abusive marriages. He’s compared abortion to slavery, supports a national abortion ban and rejects exceptions for rape – “Two wrongs don’t make a right,” he said. He called women without children “miserable cat ladies” and villied working moms as bad parents who want to “shunt their kids into crap day care so they can enjoy more ‘freedom.’” For him, universal child care amounts to “class war against normal people.”

We have people on this board who are going to vote for the Trump/Vance ticket.
Agree with these policies? Don't care, as it doesn't affect you personally?

There are some things I just can't get past philosophically, which is why on the other side I would not be able to vote for Bernie or Warren. Even if I agree with them on some things, they just take it too far. This is way too far for me. I prefer Roe v Wade as I think it is a personal choice. But, at state level after years of hearing Republicans scream "States rights" at least makes logical sense to me. But a national ban is the big federal government telling the people what to do. That isn't even close to "conservative." Opposing no-fault divorce. More government telling people what to do.

This guy is hugely in favor of a massive federal government controlling our lives so that people act like he wants them to. That is a philosophy I can't get behind.
Harris is further left than I would prefer, but when the option is Trump/Vance (even without Trump's crimes and attempted prevention of transfer of power) I'd still support her over them. Their only policy is hate anyone that isnt them and have the government control people's personal lives.

Really hoping Harris picks a moderate for VP. This is the time to shift to middle, should be an easy election to win if she doesn't go further left.

Last edited:
Harris is further left than I would prefer, but when the option is Trump/Vance (even without Trump's crimes and attempted prevention of transfer of power) I'd still support her over them. Their only policy is hate anyone that isn't them and have the government control people's personal lives.

Really hoping Harris picks a moderate for VP. This is the time to shift to middle, should be an easy election to win if she doesn't go further left.

It's not going to be an easy election for either party. Both parties could have slammed the door shut on the other months ago....but here we are. Stumble after stumble after stumble. Yeah, if she picks a moderate it will help her chances...but that's not going to happen. None of these people seem to want to help themselves win. They just kind of do what they want and hope the other group stumbles harder.

Yeah....I can't imagine a ton of women wanting on that ticket. He needed a female running mate because the obvious and he has been his awful self to Haley who is endorsing his opponent so who is left that would join him other pyschos like MGT or handy Broebert.....Iowa and Alabama have female governors and neither move the needle or help him on his "Roe is now up to the states" schpill.....Sanders in Arkansas but Arkansas is as locked up as any state for him and she has such a punchable face. Noem is a pretty face that talks about how much she loves Jesus and can say she stood up to covid restrictions but again you can't shoot a dog. It wouldn't change who he is a bit but it allows him to say "hey look I support women I have one for a running mate". It would be the equivalent of when racist allegations are thrown out saying one has a "black friend". So we get Vance.....white dude from a swing state the safe pick.

Back