Harris 2024 election thread

Seems like an odd pick to me because she failed miserably in the 2020 primaries, but she probably has more of a chance to win than Biden simply because she can string two coherent sentences together at a time. We'll see what happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This was the best move for the Dems. Yes, she appears to be an incredibly weak candidate. But the MSM is going to greatly support her. There will be constant glowing stories about her. And she will re-ignite donations.

Another point for Harris is she is known as a poor speaker. But she will be soooo much better than Biden in the next debate that she will appear great due to sliding scale.

This was the best move for the Dems. Yes, she appears to be an incredibly weak candidate. But the MSM is going to greatly support her. There will be constant glowing stories about her. And she will re-ignite donations.

Another point for Harris is she is known as a poor speaker. But she will be soooo much better than Biden in the next debate that she will appear great due to sliding scale.
Sacrificial lamb because they want rid of her.

Sacrificial lamb because they want rid of her.
I don’t believe that for a second. They are in to win and beat Trump. The know the media will rally around Harris.

The problem is if the Dems bypassed Harris it would have cause a mutiny among part of their caucus.

There is a built in default answer to any critique of her. If anyone says anything about her they will be labeled as sexist or racist....see the first post of this thread. This will also protect her from negative campaign material.....you could string together clips where she makes no sense but they will be labeled sexist the second they run. They had no other choice.....if they don't go with her then they are admitting the VP wasn't up to the job that the Pres hasn't been doing. The question now is does America hate Trump more than they hate being gaslighted by the DNC as we have for 3.5 years. She has the easiest opponent to hate to decades to run against but she has to wash off that she lied for years and Biden's record. I said when this started Newsom, Clinton, Harris won't win but they have done a very good job of rolling her out so she can win if the cards fall right.

The term MSM always cracks me up. It literally doesn't get more mainstream than Fox News. But they've convinced their loyal cultists that they are somehow the "underdog". Hilarious.

The term MSM always cracks me up. It literally doesn't get more mainstream than Fox News. But they've convinced their loyal cultists that they are somehow the "underdog". Hilarious.
Sure Fox News is MSM and so is WSJ.
But they don’t equal ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, NPR, Time, etc.

Certainly you will acknowledge the media largely leans left. That is not really debatable.

How odd, I always considered Fox and CNN MSM.

They're essentially the exact opposite of each other.

How odd, I always considered Fox and CNN MSM.

They're essentially the exact opposite of each other.

Funniest thing about all those shows is that they constantly play clips of the other shows recordings and make fun of how stupid each other are.

Then you get folks that swear up and down that they have never "watched fox news" or "watched MSNBC" but are totally warped into believing that the "other show" is the worst thing for society. I actually feel bad for folks when I see them ranting about any of these shows. Just step away from the TV.

Dessert Donut GIF by Noise Nest Network

Trump isn't a conservative. He kinda got rid of that wing of the republican party.

He’s a democrat.

Trump is a chameleon, he claims to be whatever will serve him best at the time. He spent a long time as a democrat because that benefited him, he now claims to be a republican because that benefits him. If claiming to be Libertarian started benefitting him more, he would switch in heartbeat. He is certainly not a conservative but he did appoint conservative judges his first term which has far longer lasting effects that his 4 years in office. That's pretty much the main (only?) reason why a conservative would want him to win over Harris.

So legal question for anyone who knows. If the Dems pick somebody other than Harris, what happens to all the money donated to the Biden/Harris campaign? If Harris gets the nomination does she still have access to that money? I assume she will have access to all of the infrastructure that a presidential campaign will have already put in place but would somebody else if the party goes a different direction?

How long until the white supremacy of the Republican Party shows up to spout their bilge?
Well, that didn't take long. Christian nationalist Lance Wallnau is already warning that Kamala Harris represents "the spirit of Jezebel in a way that will be even more ominous than Hillary because she'll bring a racial component and she's younger."

Well, that didn't take long. Christian nationalist Lance Wallnau is already warning that Kamala Harris represents "the spirit of Jezebel in a way that will be even more ominous than Hillary because she'll bring a racial component and she's younger."

The degree to which that dude wants to drop the N bomb is palpable.

Back