COVID never left, people still getting it

Flatten the curve has been around as the standard response plan to a pandemic by the CDC since the mid aughts, it wasn’t something Fauci just made up on the fly, and you know Trump didn’t come up with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So your saying the CDC and Fauci were following standard operations procedure that had been around for almost 100 years.....but then why all the vitriol at Fauci for doing exactly what was expected amd done in the oast

I got it a few weeks ago (right around the time this thread started). Started getting a scratchy throat one evening, didn't think anything of it. Felt kind of lousy the next day at work. Went home, laid down to take a nap, woke up a couple of hours later and I was just burning up. Felt like crap. Body ached everywhere. Pretty sure I had a fever but my thermometer no longer worked. Cranked up the A/C to cool off and started shivering. Spent the next few hours reclined on my couch, moaning and wailing and generally hating life (lol). Took some nyquil and went to bed. Woke up the next morning and the fever had broken, but I still felt really weak so I called in to work. Rested that day and still had some cold like symptoms (stuffy head, runny nose, etc). Through all of this I really hadn't considered covid at all. Had something similar around the same time last year and tested negative, plus I've had all of the available boosters. Went back to work the next day only to find out a ton of people had also been sick and were testing positive for covid. Got a home test and sure enough I was positive.

So your saying the CDC and Fauci were following standard operations procedure that had been around for almost 100 years.....but then why all the vitriol at Fauci for doing exactly what was expected amd done in the oast

These aughts, not those aughts…2007. Don’t think there was too much major kickback at the time for the stay home for two weeks, it was a pain in the posterior but it wasn’t until the pandemic exploded after those weeks that people realized it hadn’t done anything and were peeved about being inconvenienced. Plus there wasn’t any toilet paper.

Last edited:
If true, that masks don't work, then I'd like to see someone dispute that by saying they always wore a mask when around people, including at home and never caught covid. My theory is if masks don't work, then it must be because they were NOT being worn at all times. Doctors and nurses would be a good authority on that, provided they always wore them when around people.

If true, that masks don't work, then I'd like to see someone dispute that by saying they always wore a mask when around people, including at home and never caught covid. My theory is if masks don't work, then it must be because they were NOT being worn at all times. Doctors and nurses would be a good authority on that, provided they always wore them when around people.
You still don’t get it. Masks for the general public were never to protect the wearer. They were to protect those around the wearer. N-95 masks were the exception. They were to protect the wearer.

You still don’t get it. Masks for the general public were never to protect the wearer. They were to protect those around the wearer. N-95 masks were the exception. They were to protect the wearer.

This. Masks and face coverings primarily keep the fluids from your nose and mouth from being sprayed to everything/one in a 20 ft direction when you cough or sneeze.

This. Masks and face coverings primarily keep the fluids from your nose and mouth from being sprayed to everything/one in a 20 ft direction when you cough or sneeze.

And most anti-maskers fail to comprehend this.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

And N - 95 masks became HARD to get because Govts were hording them to give to their Medical Providers to keep hospitals up and running and keep Dr's and Nurses on the Job..

And the supplying countries we were buying N-95 masks from all of a sudden were keeping them for their own use , their own people and their own Medical professionsals and not selling any to the US or anyone else.

So you have a Severe lack of N-95 masks.......Somehow people took the N-95 "protect the wearer" narrative and applied it to the Face covering/facemask "protect others around you" "Flatten the Curve" narrative and flipped them, mixed them up, incorrectly tried to apply data from one mask type to the other and it led to all kinds of misinformation.

Do Masks work? Yes...if you have the correct mask and use it correctly. We have things MUCH more deadly and airborne than COVID and we have mask and suits that protect Dr's against those and we have humans who work day in and day out every year without being infected around these Highly Deadly viruses, gases, etc.
So yes..mask work.....but you have to make sure your talking about the right mask, 100% following the right procedures, and wearing it 100% of the time required to protect yourself. There is a Reason that Dr's can handle, observe and study Ebola Virus today in a village outbreak of the virus in remote Africa without catching it.

Some dude with a worthless non N-95 mask draped under his nose screaming that he got COVID even though he wore his mask all the time....is not a reliable source of information.

Also please don't forget

The effectiveness of a "Protect the Wearer N-95 mask" was obvious at the start of COVID as well when Trump, the DoD and FEMA got together to invoke the Defense Production Act in April 2020 to get 3 US manufactures to churn out 39 MILLION N-95 masks in 30 DAYS for the Medical & Military fields and anything left over goes out to suppliers to fulfill any backorders for N-95 masks for the US public. Everyone was on board and the Defense Production Act was invoked and 3 companies were paid a total of $200 million to produce 39 million N-95 mask in 30 days.

It was expected this 39 million supply would last long enough as a stop gap measure until the US medical manufacturing industry could revamp and retool to increase N-95 mask production fully across all manufactures to meet the increasing need and demand.

However, by July 22nd 2020, Medical workers, Politicians, Governors, state officials etc were pleading with the Trump admin to invoke the Defense Production Act again and release yet an additional $200 million for more N-95 production because the original 39 MILLION supply was running out and would NOT be enough to make it until October 2020, which is when the US medical manufacturing supply companies had forecast they would be able to be producing 180 MILLION N-95's PER MONTH.

However, Trump ignored the call to release an additional $200 million for the second DPA for N-95's, and as of Aug 23rd 2020 was arguing on social media that people should be seeking Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine for COVID 19 and was blasting the FDA for calling those treatments "Highly ineffective" against COVID and claiming that cities adding additional voter drop boxes for ballot collection were fraudulent and that they weren't properly COVID sanitized.

The following month Sept 21st 2020 he was arguing that all US schools needed to be reopened and questioning masks

I’m slightly anti mask to a point but I’m not a whack job about it. If you have a business and I want something you offer if you want me to wear a mask I’m not going to whine about it. I keep a box in all my vehicles for just that reason.

Masks are also always used for surgery without question to protect doctors and nurses from stray blood or body fluids. Otherwise, masks are a confusing subject. Even Dr. Fauci had said at one time that masks were useless against covid. Anyway, masks are like life vests. They will never work, unless you got one on.

Last edited:
I’m slightly anti mask to a point but I’m not a whack job about it. If you have a business and I want something you offer if you want me to wear a mask I’m not going to whine about it. I keep a box in all my vehicles for just that reason.

Same here. I don't support mask mandates, because they don't work to keep hospitals from getting more covid patients than they could handle. Some politicians, such as Stillwater's mayor, learned that from the first go around with covid and when it came back later, he didn't impose a mask mandate.

Last edited:
And today he is on Truth Social telling his followers not to comply with any COVID protocols at all

Trump can practice what he preaches. He hardly ever put on a mask and came down with covid. So now he expects everyone to be as brave, some may say stupid, as he was.

So, it looks like Trump is back on X, ex Twitter. Guest his agreement with Truth Social not to get back on other social media expired.

What a pity that Trump still rules supreme as the world's sorest loser after posting 31 bitter videos in 5 hours.

Last edited:
Masks are also always used for surgery without question to protect doctors and nurses from stray blood or body fluids. Otherwise, masks are a confusing subject. Even Dr. Fauci had said at one time that masks were useless against covid. Anyway, masks are like life vests. They will never work, unless you got one on.

Doctors use N-95 masks. See my previous post referencing that. Obviously you are confused. If you don’t have COVID and you are in a room with a person that has COVID and that person is wearing a mask that isn’t N-95 and you aren’t then you are partially protected and your chances of infection are greatly reduced, not eliminated entirely. Protection isn’t 100% but it is far better that no protection. If you now put a mask on, you gain a bit more protection

Now imagine that you are in the same room but there are two people with COVID and they are both wearing masks. You are still protected to some extent. If you now put a mask on, you gain a bit more protection.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Doctors use N-95 masks. See my previous post referencing that. Obviously you are confused. If you don’t have COVID and you are in a room with a person that has COVID and that person is wearing a mask that isn’t N-95 and you aren’t then you are partially protected and your chances of infection are greatly reduced, not eliminated entirely. Protection isn’t 100% but it is far better that no protection. If you now put a mask on, you gain a bit more protection

Now imagine that you are in the same room but there are two people with COVID and they are both wearing masks. You are still protected to some extent. If you now put a mask on, you gain a bit more protection.

What is so hard to understand about this?
Fine and dandy, but a lot of conservatives insist that masks don't work. Some of them have far worse crazier stuff to say about the covid pandemic. And the government and regular mass media are doing next to nothing to debunk the crap. If this fall far fewer people get vaccinated for covid, you'll know why.

Fine and dandy, but a lot of conservatives insist that masks don't work. Some of them have far worse crazier stuff to say about the covid pandemic. And the government and regular mass media are doing next to nothing to debunk the crap. If this fall far fewer people get vaccinated for covid, you'll know why.
I’m pretty conservative as is my daughter who is a respiratory therapist and my nephew who is a pulmonologist. They both wore masks in public because they knew they protect others. Of course they had N-95 masks which protect them, too.

Back