COVID never left, people still getting it

In my opinion, getting the shot is a lot like wearing a seatbelt. It isn’t that you won’t die in a wreck but your chances of survival are better if you wear a seatbelt if you are in a wreck. Likewise, no one ever said that you wouldn’t get Covid if you were exposed to Covid but your chances were better if you were vaccinated that you wouldn’t get Covid. Remember they didn’t say that it was 100% effective. They usually said it was 90-95% effective.
Great seatbelt example and another good reason to take a perfectly safe and inexpensive drug that might actually help🤷‍♂️. And you’re right. No one ever said that….except the CDC director, Fauci, the sitting POTUS, and about a million Drs.

Tell that to my friend in my church small group. He said the same kind of thing. Thought Covid was a hoax. He went to Rhode Island for Thanksgiving and got infected. Died the next week. Actually, why don’t you tell this to his widow and three kids he left behind?

I swear. You’re either the biggest jerk of a troll or you’re an absolute moron.
Or you could tell it to my best friends widow who watched her husband die in a hospital bed with Guillian Barre after taking a booster 🤷‍♂️. We have no idea what the long term effects from the Covid vaccine will be.

In less than one year after the vaccine was available for Covid studies of physicians taking the vaccine was 95%. The research is clear. The vaccine works. The number of deaths and hospitalizations came down dramatically.

Or you could tell it to my best friends widow who watched her husband die in a hospital bed with Guillian Barre after taking a booster 🤷‍♂️. We have no idea what the long term effects from the Covid vaccine will be.
You do realize that is how stuff works right?

The people that took Ivermectin in the 1980s had no idea what the long term effects would be. You have no idea what the long term effects of daily cell phone use will be. I went to a lecture by this researcher (link) who is convinced that low level EMFs are causing autoimmune diseases and cancer and recommends not having wifi or cellular and if exposed taking Amlodipine to help with the activation of calcium chanels it causes. Have you done these things? Why not? We have no idea of the long term risks.

We can look at the biologic (and for phone use also mental health) principles that we are aware of and make educated guesses. Then we study the effects to see if something else is showing up that we were not expecting, like occured with thalidomide years ago or Vioxx more recently. Nobody can remove forward risk from life. You are in banking. Why can't bankers tell me if my house will be worth more when I want to sell it in 10 years? Why would I buy when we have no idea of future value?

It is simply idiotic to think that this one thing that has been very clearly shown to reduce death in the short term should be not used because "we can't know the long term effects." Try living that way. Do nothing unless you can be certain of no theoretical long term harm from what you are doing. If you can't do that, quit being a hyperpolitical hypocrit about this one thing. It just shows ignorance.

Great seatbelt example and another good reason to take a perfectly safe and inexpensive drug that might actually help🤷‍♂️. And you’re right. No one ever said that….except the CDC director, Fauci, the sitting POTUS, and about a million Drs.
They said what I wrote. That it was 90-95% effective. What do you not understand about that?

This will be my last post on this. Sorry so long.

Of course mistakes were made. This pandemic came out of the blue and it was the worst of all worlds from a policy standpoint. If it had been a pandemic like we had always planned for like ebola with 80-90% death rates NOBODY would complain about lock-downs, economy etc. If it had been just another typical respiratory virus that caused a common cold then we would have done very little except be mad that yet another cold was around.

This was worse. It didn't kill everyone. But, it was killing several 747s worth of people every day so was a big concern. What is the best policy? Let a bunch of people die to keep the economy better for others or try to mitigate the deaths?

Same with the medical care. We initially thought that non-invasive ventilation, something that was hardly even available when I started practice 30 years ago, would cause too much spread. Putting people on a ventillator made sense from the standpoint that it was safer for the other patients in the hospital plus these patient were arriving with oxygen levels so low that if they had any other condition they would get a ventilator. But, with time, we figured out that the spread could be controlled and for many with shockingly low oxygen, they sometimes did OK without a ventilator unlike other respiratory diseases.

Instead of that normal medical/scientific discovery being the good news that it is, the selfish hateful people of the world have to be divisive and place blame because we didn't somehow figure it out before it happened.

So, think about it from the world of emergency and ICU staff. We are asked to go to work in a very high risk environment. We spend an hour or so trying to decontaminate after work as we don't want to kill our families. In some regions and time frames, we work extreme and intense hours. In other areas and time frames, the volume of other patients drops, so we get laid off and our pay gets cut as they know there are now more people needing work (student loans make you a slave). Seeing death every day then reading all over the internet that it is "just a bad cold" is bewildering. Then a vaccine comes out and we finally feel somewhat safer.

Then after all that, we have the internet Monday morning quarterbacks saying that we were taking money, killing people, and they trust their internet gurus (many of whom now make 100x what a working doc makes) more than us. They claim we are just quacks working for big pharma.

But, of course, when they get worried for themselves personally, they show right back up at our door. Which is exactly what GGP will do the next time he is sick. And we will care for them. Because good people do good things even if it is for bad people.

This will be my last post on this. Sorry so long.

Of course mistakes were made. This pandemic came out of the blue and it was the worst of all worlds from a policy standpoint. If it had been a pandemic like we had always planned for like ebola with 80-90% death rates NOBODY would complain about lock-downs, economy etc. If it had been just another typical respiratory virus that caused a common cold then we would have done very little except be mad that yet another cold was around.

This was worse. It didn't kill everyone. But, it was killing several 747s worth of people every day so was a big concern. What is the best policy? Let a bunch of people die to keep the economy better for others or try to mitigate the deaths?

Same with the medical care. We initially thought that non-invasive ventilation, something that was hardly even available when I started practice 30 years ago, would cause too much spread. Putting people on a ventillator made sense from the standpoint that it was safer for the other patients in the hospital plus these patient were arriving with oxygen levels so low that if they had any other condition they would get a ventilator. But, with time, we figured out that the spread could be controlled and for many with shockingly low oxygen, they sometimes did OK without a ventilator unlike other respiratory diseases.

Instead of that normal medical/scientific discovery being the good news that it is, the selfish hateful people of the world have to be divisive and place blame because we didn't somehow figure it out before it happened.

So, think about it from the world of emergency and ICU staff. We are asked to go to work in a very high risk environment. We spend an hour or so trying to decontaminate after work as we don't want to kill our families. In some regions and time frames, we work extreme and intense hours. In other areas and time frames, the volume of other patients drops, so we get laid off and our pay gets cut as they know there are now more people needing work (student loans make you a slave). Seeing death every day then reading all over the internet that it is "just a bad cold" is bewildering. Then a vaccine comes out and we finally feel somewhat safer.

Then after all that, we have the internet Monday morning quarterbacks saying that we were taking money, killing people, and they trust their internet gurus (many of whom now make 100x what a working doc makes) more than us. They claim we are just quacks working for big pharma.

But, of course, when they get worried for themselves personally, they show right back up at our door. Which is exactly what GGP will do the next time he is sick. And we will care for them. Because good people do good things even if it is for bad people.
I appreciate you sharing this and I think the rest of us easily lose sight of how challenging this was for healthcare professionals… at every level.

I read this book in 2022 and felt that Lewis did a fantastic job of showing how we made mistakes. At the same time revealing how bad it could have been if officials simply followed the directives of Trump’s administration. We owe a lot to those folks for sticking their necks out when so much was at risk and uncertain.

1725289784247.jpeg

Last edited:
No they didn’t. If they were so certain of the effectiveness and safety of a vaccine that wasn’t FDA approved why were they perfectly cool with letting millions cross our southern border without being tested…or vaccinated…or even checking their temperature?

Because data?
“As Dr. Fauci emphasized, there is no epidemiological evidence that migrants at the U.S. southern border are driving the spread of the delta variant or earlier variants that cause COVID-19,” Heisler told us via email. “When you look at the hot spots of infection with COVID-19 they are all locations with very low rates of vaccination. That is the common denominator. Many of these hotspots are far from any international border and in rural areas with very little presence of migrants. Other areas right on an international border such as the California border with Mexico have not had high rates of infection. Epidemiological data also suggests that the delta variant spread in the United States before it spread in Mexico or Latin America.”

Because data?
“As Dr. Fauci emphasized, there is no epidemiological evidence that migrants at the U.S. southern border are driving the spread of the delta variant or earlier variants that cause COVID-19,” Heisler told us via email. “When you look at the hot spots of infection with COVID-19 they are all locations with very low rates of vaccination. That is the common denominator. Many of these hotspots are far from any international border and in rural areas with very little presence of migrants. Other areas right on an international border such as the California border with Mexico have not had high rates of infection. Epidemiological data also suggests that the delta variant spread in the United States before it spread in Mexico or Latin America.”

You’re sh!tting me right?

Last edited by a moderator:
No they didn’t. If they were so certain of the effectiveness and safety of a vaccine that wasn’t FDA approved why were they perfectly cool with letting millions cross our southern border without being tested…or vaccinated…or even checking their temperature?

Back