Biden 2024 Run Thread

Biden was incredible for referring to Vice President Trump when he meant Harris. Interesting how Trump can get by with boasting of Joan Rivers voted for him in 2016, even though she was dead then. Yet, if Trump can get by with making verbal mistakes, why can't Biden?

Biden was incredible for referring to Vice President Trump when he meant Harris. Interesting how Trump can get by with boasting of Joan Rivers voted for him in 2016, even though she was dead then. Yet, if Trump can get by with making verbal mistakes, why can't Biden?
I blame the media. They’re lazy and will follow any story down the rabbit hole if it’s popular. Hope they enjoy their freedom because if Trump is re-elected he’ll dang sure alter the media as we know it, and everything else. Project 2025🤢🤮

I blame the media. They’re lazy and will follow any story down the rabbit hole if it’s popular. Hope they enjoy their freedom because if Trump is re-elected he’ll dang sure alter the media as we know it, and everything else. Project 2025🤢🤮
You should blame the media for lying and covering up for Biden the last 3 1/2 years. They have their marching orders now that the Dems want rid of Joe.

You should blame the media for lying and covering up for Biden the last 3 1/2 years. They have their marching orders now that the Dems want rid of Joe.
You do you. I’ll do me. That’s about all of which we can possibly agree.

Intentional rhym?

200.gif

You are left equivalent of the people who bought Trump bibles.
No I just care more about the direction Trump will take us than you. When I think of all the blood and tears lost fighting against fascism in WW2 I’m thankful most of that generation is gone so they don’t have to watch our slow motion demise, and believe their sacrifices were in vain.

For that matter, does anyone think Mr. Biden would still be in contention if Democrats felt they had a better bet? For all the hype of a “strong” bench, the top contenders poll as badly or worse against Mr. Trump. Democrats are frantically weighing individual strengths and weaknesses, blithely ignoring their one commonality: All are unrepentant progressives, promising to double down on a deeply unpopular agenda. The party remains unwilling to believe that voters—even many of their own—are looking for change, or that warnings about “threats” to democracy and abortion are losing their punch.

The Republican Party has problems too—and doesn’t it know it. How could it not after eight years of a media fixated on Mr. Trump and “MAGA,” drilling in on every proposal, internal battle and Truth Social post? But Democrats have been given a ridiculous pass, their policy failures justified, their weaknesses swept under the carpet. See the 16 “Nobel-prize winning economists” who last month pronounced the Biden agenda “vastly superior” to anything Republicans might offer. Really? See the 51 former intelligence officials who disappeared Mr. Biden’s Hunter liability before the 2020 election. See the press corps, which noticed Mr. Biden’s problems only two weeks ago—and still aren’t noticing anything else.

The current Democratic soul-searching is way too limited. Mr. Biden’s age is a problem. But his age isn’t the source of the party’s dismal approval ratings on the economy, the border, or crime. It’s not the cause of striking demographic shifts—under way for years—that show the working class, including minority voters, fleeing the party. Progressive policies will be on the ballot this fall as much as any one person’s name. If the party cared for its future—not just Nov. 5—it’d be having that debate.

For that matter, does anyone think Mr. Biden would still be in contention if Democrats felt they had a better bet? For all the hype of a “strong” bench, the top contenders poll as badly or worse against Mr. Trump. Democrats are frantically weighing individual strengths and weaknesses, blithely ignoring their one commonality: All are unrepentant progressives, promising to double down on a deeply unpopular agenda. The party remains unwilling to believe that voters—even many of their own—are looking for change, or that warnings about “threats” to democracy and abortion are losing their punch.

The Republican Party has problems too—and doesn’t it know it. How could it not after eight years of a media fixated on Mr. Trump and “MAGA,” drilling in on every proposal, internal battle and Truth Social post? But Democrats have been given a ridiculous pass, their policy failures justified, their weaknesses swept under the carpet. See the 16 “Nobel-prize winning economists” who last month pronounced the Biden agenda “vastly superior” to anything Republicans might offer. Really? See the 51 former intelligence officials who disappeared Mr. Biden’s Hunter liability before the 2020 election. See the press corps, which noticed Mr. Biden’s problems only two weeks ago—and still aren’t noticing anything else.

The current Democratic soul-searching is way too limited. Mr. Biden’s age is a problem. But his age isn’t the source of the party’s dismal approval ratings on the economy, the border, or crime. It’s not the cause of striking demographic shifts—under way for years—that show the working class, including minority voters, fleeing the party. Progressive policies will be on the ballot this fall as much as any one person’s name. If the party cared for its future—not just Nov. 5—it’d be having that debate.

We’re here because of a few decades of a system that incentivizes politicians to appeal to their extremes.

If I had to narrow it down to politician/campaign, I’d say Barry Goldwater and/or LBJ.

We’re here because of a few decades of a system that incentivizes politicians to appeal to their extremes.
True.

And that is why we also continue to have budget deficits every year, no matter the political party in power.
Once someone gets in power they do whatever they can to keep it. Reducing spending will cause some short economic slowness and no one wants to be in power when that happens.

Reds gonna vote red, Blues gonna vote blue...trump haters (cuz he's crazy) gonna vote blue, biden haters (cuz he seems confused) gonna vote red...right now, the thing that is hurting biden is the price of stuff!! (which is still being affected by covid and now company greed) Your average person who doesn't follow politics closely, is gonna vote with their wallet. IMO

He’s the left equivalent of gogetum.
I laugh at you and Donnyboy’s opinion. I’ve got exactly one 2020 Biden/Harris sign, and one 2020 tee shirt I’m afraid to wear in public here in Trumplahoma.
Dump Trump
Ditch Mitch
Disbar Barr

I laugh at you and Donnyboy’s opinion. I’ve got exactly one 2020 Biden/Harris sign, and one 2020 tee shirt I’m afraid to wear in public here in Trumplahoma.
Dump Trump
Ditch Mitch
Disbar Barr
You still have a Biden/Harris 2020 sign?

Back