Biden 2024 Run Thread

https://www.wsj.com/politics/policy/joe-biden-age-public-election-campaign-343a47bf

"German officials, aware of Biden’s fatigue at night, sought to accommodate the president by planning a June 2022 event with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in the early evening," the report says. June 2022! Two years prior to the debate, German politicians had to schedule around his inability to stay up past 8pm. The meeting, was supposed to be a "confidential meeting on Ukraine in a relaxed setting." Instead, even with the schedule accommodations, Biden never showed up. German officials were surprised, then amazed when "Secretary of State Anthony Blinken arrived and announced that Biden had to go to bed."

According to the Journal, his handler's practice of demanding media members use scripted questions in order to give Biden predetermined answers has been in place for years and even in smaller events. Even small donor events have required attendees to "submit their questions for the president in advance." One example the Journal cited was an event in Florida earlier in 2024 that had just eight donors attending. Yet he still couldn't be trusted to answer coherently.

A New York fundraiser last fall was also cited, because Biden "seemed at a loss" trying to "answer questions about the Middle East from people in a photo line," according to the story. An aide was called over to feed him answers in his ear, which he then repeated.

Another New York event in June 2023 saw Biden speak for just a few minutes, then take a small number of scripted questions. One attendee told the Journal they were "struck by how fragile he seemed." Even worse, he "couldn't recall the word for ‘veteran’." Biden then asked the attendees to help him find the word for someone who had served in the Army or Navy.

The Journal confirmed that the White House will pre-determine which reporters they will allow Biden to call on, to ensure that they're prepared to script his responses. As well as giving him sneakers to wear and shorter stairs to climb when in public.

https://www.wsj.com/politics/policy/joe-biden-age-public-election-campaign-343a47bf

"German officials, aware of Biden’s fatigue at night, sought to accommodate the president by planning a June 2022 event with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in the early evening," the report says. June 2022! Two years prior to the debate, German politicians had to schedule around his inability to stay up past 8pm. The meeting, was supposed to be a "confidential meeting on Ukraine in a relaxed setting." Instead, even with the schedule accommodations, Biden never showed up. German officials were surprised, then amazed when "Secretary of State Anthony Blinken arrived and announced that Biden had to go to bed."

According to the Journal, his handler's practice of demanding media members use scripted questions in order to give Biden predetermined answers has been in place for years and even in smaller events. Even small donor events have required attendees to "submit their questions for the president in advance." One example the Journal cited was an event in Florida earlier in 2024 that had just eight donors attending. Yet he still couldn't be trusted to answer coherently.

A New York fundraiser last fall was also cited, because Biden "seemed at a loss" trying to "answer questions about the Middle East from people in a photo line," according to the story. An aide was called over to feed him answers in his ear, which he then repeated.

Another New York event in June 2023 saw Biden speak for just a few minutes, then take a small number of scripted questions. One attendee told the Journal they were "struck by how fragile he seemed." Even worse, he "couldn't recall the word for ‘veteran’." Biden then asked the attendees to help him find the word for someone who had served in the Army or Navy.

The Journal confirmed that the White House will pre-determine which reporters they will allow Biden to call on, to ensure that they're prepared to script his responses. As well as giving him sneakers to wear and shorter stairs to climb when in public.
He's not fit to be the nominee and, honestly, he's not fit to finish his term.

He's not fit to be the nominee and, honestly, he's not fit to finish his term.
I never voted for Biden once. I could see in 2020 that he wasn't mentally or physically fit for the rigors of the presidency. His numerous gaffes alone were bad enough. His past also made him look bad in which he dropped out of his run for presidency over plagiarism.

When I vote for president, I ask myself will this person as president say or do something to make me think, "I can't believe I voted for that person as president." Of course, the person won't get my vote if the answer is yes.

For now, it will be interesting to see if Democrats replace Biden and soon.

Pretty sure Joe Is done. The calls for him to Drop out have EXPLODED in the last few hours​

George Clooney says Democrats need a new nominee just weeks after he hosted a major fundraiser for Biden​

George Clooney Calls for Joe Biden to Drop Out of Election: ‘This Is About Age’​

Nancy Pelosi Signals Biden Should Re-Examine Decision to Stay in Race​

These 8 House Democrats have publicly called for Biden to drop out of the race​

Stephen Colbert Calls On Biden To Drop Out: "Put The Needs Of The Country Ahead Of The Needs Of His Ego"​

NY Times says Biden ’embarrassing’ himself, renews drop-out call​

House Democrats’ defense chief Adam Smith joins calls for Biden to drop out​

There has been a few other gaffes. And a clear section of reporters and likely pre approved questions.

Hang it up Joe, your done.
Agree. But he is at least better than he was at the debate.

None of us can beat Father Time. While there are few ideological items I am aligned with Biden, I do respect he served the country to the best of his abilities for many years. Sad that natural age decline is effecting him so much.

Agree. But he is at least better than he was at the debate.

None of us can beat Father Time. While there are few ideological items I am aligned with Biden, I do respect he served the country to the best of his abilities for many years. Sad that natural age decline is effecting him so much.
He was better than the debate, but still had issues. It's pretty much a worse case scenario for the democrats. Harder to convince him to step down, but hasn't restored confidence in his abilities.

Agreed, father time is undefeated.

He just called Kamala Harris “Vice President Trump” in his big press conference. Why are we doing this.
He is no different now than he has been this didn’t start the night of the debate just more honest assessments of it. He has declined some from the last election when he didn’t have to campaign and could stay out of the front of the mic due to Covid but there is zero new about any of this. Same speech same guy on Memorial Day and not a word would be said or another politicians gaff would be the justification.

If Hillary and Obama weren’t assholes, Joe would be finishing his 2nd term. Trump would have been a blip and whoever was vice president would be ahead by a lot unless the vice president were Kamala

Back