Biden 2024 Run Thread

I still would take an 'incompetent' joe over lying, criminal, narcissistic, loose cannon, cult leader don...
Have you considered the look the leader of the free world gave our foreign adversaries overseas last week? They already knew it but can you imagine Putin or Xi watching that debate and thinking “Wow that’s a guy we don’t want to mess with! “ They..Are..Licking..Their..Chops. He not only shouldn’t be the nominee, he should be removed from office immediately.

Funny how you think one bad debate did it. He didn’t just become incompetent last week. Anyone paying even the slightest bit of attention knew he was an empty suit and I’ve been saying it since day one. Anyone that says they were shocked by his debate performance is either lying or too dumb to hold public office and probably shouldn’t even be allowed to vote.
And you were wrong then to make that judgement then. Set aside your partisanship, go look at interviews and the presidential debates 4 years ago versus the one last week and Biden's more recent interviews. There is a stark difference.

At that age, a lot can happen cognitively in 4 years and that certainly is the case here. Its time for him to step aside and retire. Or, the 25th amendment should be rolled out. We don't need another late 2nd term Reagan situation.

And you were wrong then to make that judgement then. Set aside your partisanship, go look at interviews and the presidential debates 4 years ago versus the one last week and Biden's more recent interviews. There is a stark difference.

At that age, a lot can happen cognitively in 4 years and that certainly is the case here. It’s time for him to step aside and retire. Or, the 25th amendment should be rolled out. We don't need another late 2nd term Reagan situation.
No doubt he’s worse now but he wasn’t mentally capable in 2020. They hid him out in his basement for the campaign and almost every unscripted sentence out of his mouth the last three and a half years has been absolute gibberish.

No doubt he’s worse now but he wasn’t mentally capable in 2020. They hid him out in his basement for the campaign and almost every unscripted sentence out of his mouth the last three and a half years has been absolute gibberish.
He was capable enough to beat Trump convincingly while unscripted in the 2020 debates. It wasn't close in either one. That is my point. There were not major signs of mental decline then. There are now and have been for the last year and a half.

I still would take an 'incompetent' joe over lying, criminal, narcissistic, loose cannon, cult leader don...
No doubt you and most hard-core Dems will still back Biden. I imagine 90+% still support him. But him not dropping out of the race is a bad decision.

Doesn’t need to be a lot of voters, but moderate and independents could be scared/concerned of who will truly be making decisions next term. Hard to vote for a President when you don’t know what and who you are really voting for.

Yes I have. The most peaceful 4 year term probably in history.
Just looking at us military deaths killed by hostile Trump comes in at 65. Biden’s 1st 2 yrs were 13.

According to our world in data dot org looking at worldwide military and civilian deaths in military conflicts your statement is not only wrong its way wrong. There are several 4 year terms w far less deaths than your mango friend. Most notably Barack’s 1st term comes in about 150,000 total fewer.

It’s like the google machine doesn’t even exist or you’re just too dang lazy and careless to look up simple facts.

Last edited:
I have more experience than anyone should have with ALS; it's crushing and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. So I am truly sorry for what you are going through. That said, nothing in the meme made light of having a disease or was poking fun at that. I think you are mischaracterizing the joke.

But even beyond that, Biden is running for freaking President of the United States. If you put yourself out there for that role, not only can you be the subject of scrutiny and humor - you SHOULD be the subject of scrutiny and humor. The day that something becomes 'off limits' for a Presidential candidate is the day we've lost our way.

Clinton liked to hook up with his interns and lied about it. He was a sexual predator and committed perjury.
Bush couldn't find his way out of a paper bag and destabilized the ME. He was dumb as rocks and has a lot of blood on his hands.
Trump is a Tammany hall huckster who is very obviously in cahoots with Putin. He's a traitorous scumbag.
Biden is old... but whoa, let's not call out any of the things that come with old age. That would be mean.

I really can't believe I'm siding with @GOGETUMPOKE on this (see notes above on his candidate, 'traitorous scumbag'), but here we are. As Americans it's our responsibility to call out issues with our leaders and those wishing to be our leaders.

I'm sure this post will win me lots of friends on both sides of the aisle.
Appreciate the kind word. My wife battles one of the rarest forms of MD.

We can agree on ALS. Lost my brother this yr to it. It is an unbelievably evil disease. I hate that you have had to experience it at all.

We will have to disagree on the meme. I understand he’s a public figure and if he made a gaff or told an outrageous lie and that’s what the joke was about then yeah fair game. It wasn’t about golf. It was about a disability. But what if that was Gov Abbott and not Biden? We ok w that?

Last edited:
He was capable enough to beat Trump convincingly while unscripted in the 2020 debates. It wasn't close in either one. That is my point. There were not major signs of mental decline then. There are now and have been for the last year and a half.
You’re talking to a MAGAstani cultist.

Just looking at us military deaths killed by hostile Trump comes in at 65. Biden’s 1st 2 yrs were 13.

According to our world in data dot org looking at worldwide military and civilian deaths in military conflicts your statement is not only wrong its way wrong. There are several 4 year terms w far less deaths than your mango friend. Most notably Barack’s 1st term comes in about 150,000 total fewer.

It’s like the google machine doesn’t even exist or you’re just too dang lazy and careless to look up simple facts.
Or…..he’s part of a personality cult.

It’s like the google machine doesn’t even exist or you’re just too dang lazy and careless to look up simple
Lol. Typical democrat spin. Biden’s 13 came in one day due entirely to his own incompetence and all of Trump’s were due to a conflict he didn’t get us into. We got involved in exactly zero new wars during Trumps presidency and we are now involved in two and counting because the POTUS is feckless and none of the bad actors fear or respect him. After last week’s performance look for them to ramp it up.

Last edited:
That largely explains why I voted for Bernie in 2020. Unlike Biden he was making people in their 70s look good and now making people in their 80s look good. If Bernie was president now, Republicans would just have to go back to using their old stuff against him, such as he's a Marxist.

Today, The Economist called President Biden a “befuddled old man”.
“Biden’s claim that this election is between right and wrong is ruined by the fact that the existence of his campaign now depends on a lie,” editors write.
The opening editorial begins: “The debate was awful for him, but the cover-up has been worse. It was agony to watch a befuddled old man struggling to recall words and facts.”

The editors write: “But the operation by his campaign to deny what tens of millions of Americans saw with their own eyes is more toxic than either, because its dishonesty provokes contempt. Democrats argue, rightly, that Mr Trump is unfit to be president. But the debate and its aftermath have proved Mr Biden unfit, too.

But what if that was Gov Abbott and not Biden? We ok w that?
You are misunderstanding the issue.

Being in a wheelchair has absolutely ZERO correlation on being an effective President of the United States. Having diminished mental acuity most certainly does.

Back