Small and Williams to enter portal

Keep in mind some of these guys may have been leaving even if Boynton stayed. His retention had not been good.

Need to pretty much commit the 600k NIL to Garrison and Dailey. Those are two pieces a quality coach can develop and build a solid team around.

Keep in mind some of these guys may have been leaving even if Boynton stayed. His retention had not been good.

Need to pretty much commit the 600k NIL to Garrison and Dailey. Those are two pieces a quality coach can develop and build a solid team around.
I'd like to see Keller stay as well. And hope the new coach can bring in an improvement over Williams.

More than likely most will hit the portal. The next HC has one helluva difficult job ahead of him
From what I am gathering they are entering but not requesting contact from anyone just yet. Maybe it is because they want to hear who is going to be the HC before actually making a decision

Just saw this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think I would pay any attention to any of this until a new coach is announced, meets whomever is still on campus, and then we go from there. I know you know that but I saw some "angst" on twitter today and it's like "what did you guys expect?" End of the day, if we lose some players that won 12 games and got blown out multiple times, lost to teams like Abilene Christian, oh well.

Hoping for a deep run by Drake and also... an early exit to get their coach AND his son in front of the team.
DeVries is my top pick for a coach as well. The resume and bringing his son is the perfect combo.

I don't think I would pay any attention to any of this until a new coach is announced, meets whomever is still on campus, and then we go from there. I know you know that but I saw some "angst" on twitter today and it's like "what did you guys expect?" End of the day, if we lose some players that won 12 games and got blown out multiple times, lost to teams like Abilene Christian, oh well.
Agreed. Some of the people on X delivering the "see I told you players would leave" speech like they were the only ones that projected players to enter the portal if OSU fired the coach and that is why they wanted to keep the coach (as if some of them wouldn't enter the portal anyway).

News to them is most people were all for the band-aid being ripped off even knowing players would enter the portal and we also expected players to enter the portal even if we kept the coach.

Every off-season is recruiting season anyway, so this one will have a little more flare to it.

Pretty sure there is a specific window for them right now after a coaches change, we'd probably all do the same to ensure our options were open.

Pretty sure there is a specific window for them right now after a coaches change, we'd probably all do the same to ensure our options were open.
Also, during a critical time where transfer spots fill up AND we don't have any direction (IE a coach) at home, why wouldn't you? I have been dreading seeing any more posts in this particular thread.

Last edited:
Back