Pouring One Out For our Homies

One more thing. Thank you SOOOO much to those that did the work and made this site happen. It is AMAZING. I love how much you were able to bring it back. In many ways it is even harkening back to the OP of old which is beautiful. I made this thread in fond nostalgia. Instead it seems some interpreted it negatively. I'm sorry to any out there that might have felt that way. I'm sorry if anything I said felt critically or like an attack. It was in no way my intent. Keep on being awesome guys!

Excuse me? Where in anything I said was I complaining? This post was about morning the loss and showing respect for it. Then I followed it up with a simple question. Asking a damn question is NOT complaining. Nor was I being critical to anyone for the mistakes happening. I apologize to those concerned if it was taken that way.

With this post you directly attacked me as the OP and called me out. Then you basically shammed everyone who isn't a patreon supporter and categorized them as sub-standard posters. If that is what you want, then feel free to block me and anyone else on the site who is not a patreon supporter. At least from what you just said, that sounds like it would get you exactly what you want.

I'm not "flaming you" for suggesting people should more actively support the site. I'm reacting to the attitude and disrespect with which you did it. Then you attributed an attitude/action to me and other posters that was not deserved. Maybe I should become a patreon supporter. I considered it but was not with OP. However, your post in no way made me want to. It just made me want to ditch this site entirely if that is the way I can expect to be treated.
Seems I touched a nerve. Deservedly so. My bet it you didn’t support OP financially either. I absolutely called you out as a freeloader expected to be treated as something other than that.

Quite simply, freeloaders are not entitled to answers about the operation of a site.

GratefulPoke has been gracious enough to give you another site you can freeload from.

He asked a simple question and wasn’t acting like he was entitled to an answer. No reason to attack him.

It is great that you and others pay additional to support this site and have other avenues for access. But traffic on the site from people that don’t pay extra is also beneficial to websites. Either through increased ad-revenues (if site is setup for that) or increased results from search engine.

Last edited:
That site wasnt really decomissioned, it was that the domain was lost. So things happened abruptly. Casper, who ran the last site is a mod here and gave me advice setting this up. I was okstate987 on OP.com and was not a mod there.

No, we have not made a post like that on reddit, but I am happy to do so.
Glad you were able to get this up and running. I think it's worth a post on r/cfb as that is probably the internet location with the most football junkies. Would also be worth a post on r/okstate.

I remember a UCF guy on OP.com promoting a Big 12 forum on CSNbbs. Probably worth a post there too.

I'll let you as a mod/owner? of the site do the posting so you can message it how you see fit. I'll be sure to give it some upvotes :)

Glad you were able to get this up and running. I think it's worth a post on r/cfb as that is probably the internet location with the most football junkies. Would also be worth a post on r/okstate.

I remember a UCF guy on OP.com promoting a Big 12 forum on CSNbbs. Probably worth a post there too.

I'll let you as a mod/owner? of the site do the posting so you can message it how you see fit. I'll be sure to give it some upvotes :)
I appreciate the suggestions, they are super helpful:

Here are the reddit posts, one in r/cfb and the other is in r/okstate please upvote it if you have the chance!

Seems I touched a nerve. Deservedly so. My bet it you didn’t support OP financially either. I absolutely called you out as a freeloader expected to be treated as something other than that.

Quite simply, freeloaders are not entitled to answers about the operation of a site.

GratefulPoke has been gracious enough to give you another site you can freeload from.
First, I want to say thanks to GratefulPoke for getting this up and running after OP went away. From a "freeloader" on both sites I appreciate you.

To CowboyJD, I've enjoyed reading a lot of posts here, including yours, and have never really understood the attacks from either side in most cases but dang. You touched a nerve because you came across as a pompous a-hole, and then you doubled down. We are all users of this site, whether we pay to support it or not, and as users we are most definitely allowed (and should be encouraged) to ask questions. That is the point of a forum. Just because you misunderstand the intent of the question doesn't mean it is a bad question. Paid users have their own area, maybe you should stay there so you don't have to interact with us lesser folks.

Sent from my Pixel Tablet using Tapatalk

First, I want to say thanks to GratefulPoke for getting this up and running after OP went away. From a "freeloader" on both sites I appreciate you.

To CowboyJD, I've enjoyed reading a lot of posts here, including yours, and have never really understood the attacks from either side in most cases but dang. You touched a nerve because you came across as a pompous a-hole, and then you doubled down. We are all users of this site, whether we pay to support it or not, and as users we are most definitely allowed (and should be encouraged) to ask questions. That is the point of a forum. Just because you misunderstand the intent of the question doesn't mean it is a bad question. Paid users have their own area, maybe you should stay there so you don't have to interact with us lesser folks.

Sent from my Pixel Tablet using Tapatalk
Says another complaining freeloader…..

I’d never complain about the service or management at a restaurant where I’m getting a completely free meal.

That would be arrogant, entitled, a-hole behavior. That’s exactly what you and others have done in this thread.

I didn’t misunderstand anything….including this post which you agreed with.

Couldn't stand Snuffy. Very pompous and a "do as I say, not as I do" type.

I’ll post where and when I like….at least until a moderator tells me to cool it…..thanks.

Last edited:

I’d never complain about the service or management at a restaurant where I’m getting a completely free meal.

That would be arrogant, entitled, a-hole behavior. That’s exactly what you and others have done in this thread.

I’ll post where and when I like….at least until a moderator tells me to cool it…..thanks.
Your position is shockingly out of touch, but reveals so many things about your character.

Its actually way more fun reading your posts as if they are satire. Keeps the board a little more entertaining during a normally boring stretch of the year...

Okay, I'll bite because I'm bored. So much to digest here.

Where, exactly, did I complain?

Ok, so you pay a subscription to this site. What, exactly, did you do to get this site up and running to replace OP that gives you the authority to dictate what people can or can't do on this site? Or are you the person that feels like they can critique anyone and everything at the restaurant just because you bought an appetizer during happy hour?

I've never agreed with, or responded to, any post regarding Snuffy. I agreed to this perfectly reasonable post:

He asked a simple question and wasn’t acting like he was entitled to an answer. No reason to attack him.

It is great that you and others pay additional to support this site and have other avenues for access. But traffic on the site from people that don’t pay extra is also beneficial to websites. Either through increased ad-revenues (if site is setup for that) or increased results from search engine.

And yes, you misunderstood. PorcupinePoke clarified later (and apologized for any misunderstanding) that he was referring to the actual site, not the domain name. The site is hosted on a server, which has nothing to do with the domain name other than it just directs users to the server. A domain name is nothing more than a pointer. All the information on the server, the entire site, could have been rebranded and brought back up under a different domain name assuming someone had access to the server where the site was stored. Again, this is NOT the same as the domain name. If I remember correctly, aren't you a doctor? Surely you can comprehend the difference between the two things. I apologize if I am mistaken about you being a doctor and/or being able to comprehend this.

I don't contribute to this site financially because I don't have a ton of disposable income. I am a public educator of 27 years and have to pick and choose carefully where I spend my money. Just because I don't subscribe doesn't mean I can't contribute to discussions, though.

As will anyone else who wishes to, paid user or not. I was just offering a legitimate suggestion so you wouldn't have to put up with us riff-raff. I recall that others on OP used to do just that, they would only post in the paid areas to avoid all the drama, and stated that was the primary reason they subscribed. Honestly, I think you enjoy the drama. Hopefully you act like this for entertainment purposes and aren't like this in real life.

Okay, I'll bite because I'm bored. So much to digest here.

Where, exactly, did I complain?

Ok, so you pay a subscription to this site. What, exactly, did you do to get this site up and running to replace OP that gives you the authority to dictate what people can or can't do on this site? Or are you the person that feels like they can critique anyone and everything at the restaurant just because you bought an appetizer during happy hour?

I've never agreed with, or responded to, any post regarding Snuffy. I agreed to this perfectly reasonable post:

And yes, you misunderstood. PorcupinePoke clarified later (and apologized for any misunderstanding) that he was referring to the actual site, not the domain name. The site is hosted on a server, which has nothing to do with the domain name other than it just directs users to the server. A domain name is nothing more than a pointer. All the information on the server, the entire site, could have been rebranded and brought back up under a different domain name assuming someone had access to the server where the site was stored. Again, this is NOT the same as the domain name. If I remember correctly, aren't you a doctor? Surely you can comprehend the difference between the two things. I apologize if I am mistaken about you being a doctor and/or being able to comprehend this.

I don't contribute to this site financially because I don't have a ton of disposable income. I am a public educator of 27 years and have to pick and choose carefully where I spend my money. Just because I don't subscribe doesn't mean I can't contribute to discussions, though.

As will anyone else who wishes to, paid user or not. I was just offering a legitimate suggestion so you wouldn't have to put up with us riff-raff. I recall that others on OP used to do just that, they would only post in the paid areas to avoid all the drama, and stated that was the primary reason they subscribed. Honestly, I think you enjoy the drama. Hopefully you act like this for entertainment purposes and aren't like this in real life.
I’ve never said a freeloader can’t participate here.

I merely said freeloaders are beggars and beggars aren’t entitled to be choosers about how the sites they freeload from are run. They aren’t due any explanation whatsoever.

You take exception to that very simple concept? Too bad for you, I guess.

I merely said freeloaders are beggars and beggars aren’t entitled to be choosers about how the sites they freeload from are run. They aren’t due any explanation whatsoever.

People have repeatedly inquired about the old site since this one was created (myself included), and @GratefulPoke (among others) have kindly provided insight when asked. Its really simple, innocuous, and totally fine that people are curious about it.

It is bizarre yet telling that you have this need to introduce the "freeloaders" versus "supporters" dynamic. Personally, I'm glad to see you actually type out in plain language what you've eluded to many times in the past.

It seems like maybe you struggle with understanding how communities work or maybe how the internet works? Or maybe you just have a deep desire to "better than" other people. Whatever your issues, I'm just glad you feel comfortable enough to share publicly, even amongst a bunch of freeloaders. It helps to get your issues into the open.

One more thing. Thank you SOOOO much to those that did the work and made this site happen. It is AMAZING. I love how much you were able to bring it back. In many ways it is even harkening back to the OP of old which is beautiful. I made this thread in fond nostalgia. Instead it seems some interpreted it negatively. I'm sorry to any out there that might have felt that way. I'm sorry if anything I said felt critically or like an attack. It was in no way my intent. Keep on being awesome guys!
I took it the way you intended. Glad we have this site as well.

I'm not sure how a fraction of a micropenis foreskin ($40 anally) is much different

@CowboyJD
I have been following this thread as it has been interesting. From your username I am guessing you are a lawyer, JD = Juris Doctorate. I would hope, how you are treating us "freeloaders", is not the way you treat your clients. Also guessing you don't do pro bono clients because they are "freeloaders" and that would be beneath you, the irony would be if you are a public defender. As @osucowboy96 mentioned some on this site may not be able to afford to support this site but enjoy spending time with other OSU Cowboy fans, that does not make their opinion any less than yours. You should not degrade people because they can't afford to support the site. Also you trying to compare a website to a free meal is not apples to apples at all. Yes, I am sure your response to this is going to be just another "freeloader" complaining, blah blah blah.

@CowboyJD
I have been following this thread as it has been interesting. From your username I am guessing you are a lawyer, JD = Juris Doctorate. I would hope, how you are treating us "freeloaders", is not the way you treat your clients. Also guessing you don't do pro bono clients because they are "freeloaders" and that would be beneath you, the irony would be if you are a public defender. As @osucowboy96 mentioned some on this site may not be able to afford to support this site but enjoy spending time with other OSU Cowboy fans, that does not make their opinion any less than yours. You should not degrade people because they can't afford to support the site. Also you trying to compare a website to a free meal is not apples to apples at all. Yes, I am sure your response to this is going to be just another "freeloader" complaining, blah blah blah.
Cool….post whatever you want. Additionally, I’ve never said that the opinions of those that don’t financially support the site are worth any less than mine.

But complaining about the service and moderators of a site….as has been done in this thread….when you don’t contribute to the financial well-being of the site is directly analogous to complaining about the service you get during a free meal. It is absolutely apples to apples.

What I HAVE said it that those that didn’t and don’t contribute to the financial success of OP and now this site really don’t have any right to complain about how this or the prior site is run, complain about the actions of the moderators running the sites, and aren’t aren’t entitled to explanations or response to demands about what happened to another site that they posted on for free. If @GratefulPoke chooses be gracious and to give explanations or information about the site and respond to such complaints or demands….cool with me.

That’s it. That’s all. And in saying that, I haven’t degraded or attacked anyone.

If you disagree and believe that someone that doesn’t contribute to the expenses involved in maintaining a site like this is absolutely entitled to complain about how the site is run and to demand explanations about what happened to some other site or how this site might be run….that’s cool too. I believe that‘s a very arrogant and entitled position to take, but it’s not that big a deal.

It’s not like ”You get what you pay for…” and “Beggars can’t be choosers” are radical, controversial positions to take.

Last edited:
Back