Pouring One Out For our Homies

PorcupinePoke

PXL_20240104_234830338.MP.jpg

The new site has been great, but I really miss the engagement we had on OP. I still wish I knew what actually happened. It seems strange to just completely let a business get nuked. It makes me wonder if it was done intentionally. Like maybe it was better financially to let it die and write the business off.

View attachment 3010

The new site has been great, but I really miss the engagement we had on OP. I still wish I knew what actually happened. It seems strange to just completely let a business get nuked. It makes me wonder if it was done intentionally. Like maybe it was better financially to let it die and write the business off.
The old site was sold by the guy who started it to another big OSU fan. The guy who started it was an OSU employee and he moved to California. His email address became defunct. When it came time to renew the domain name, there was no one at to notify so someone else claimed the name and ended up auctioning it off. Several people on the old site bid on it but didn’t win the bid. The gambling site that you see at that name was the winner. Thankfully we now have a functioning site where a lot of the people are the same and @GratefulPoke was able to make it look like the old site. Unfortunately, the old posts are lost.

The old site was sold by the guy who started it to another big OSU fan. The guy who started it was an OSU employee and he moved to California. His email address became defunct. When it came time to renew the domain name, there was no one at to notify so someone else claimed the name and ended up auctioning it off. Several people on the old site bid on it but didn’t win the bid. The gambling site that you see at that name was the winner. Thankfully we now have a functioning site where a lot of the people are the same and @GratefulPoke was able to make it look like the old site. Unfortunately, the old posts are lost.
I am curious if they got rid of the people who dropped the ball like that person called Snuffy?

If it was just the domain why was the site lost?

I can't help but notice that the people wanting explanations about what happened and hoping people have been gotten "rid of" are folks that aren't Patreon Supporters of this site and my guess is they probably weren't A/V folks at the old site.

I'm probably going to end in a flame war for saying this, but if you don't financially support this or the other website, IMHO you've already gotten what you paid for and don't have much room to complain or demand accountability.

Beggars can't be choosers. I appreciate everything @GratefulPoke has done and put my money where my mouth is at both sites.

I can't help but notice that the people wanting explanations about what happened and hoping people have been gotten "rid of" are folks that aren't Patreon Supporters of this site and my guess is they probably weren't A/V folks at the old site.

I'm probably going to end in a flame war for saying this, but if you don't financially support this or the other website, IMHO you've already gotten what you paid for and don't have much room to complain or demand accountability.

Beggars can't be choosers. I appreciate everything @GratefulPoke has done and put my money where my mouth is at both sites.
1704495571116.png

Same goes with complaining about recruiting.

Same goes with complaining about recruiting.
I will agree on this point which is why I dropped $5000 when Kenyatta and Keaton were really pushing last Spring for PWP! I think I do my part to help OSU between season tickets in three sports, posse donations and PWP!!! 🤔
I and a number of others never were supporters because your boy Snuffy was banning people left and right from the old site back in 2018 and 2019, including your truly, just for having disagreements about Coaching decisions!!! 🥴

I am curious if they got rid of the people who dropped the ball like that person called Snuffy?
Snuffy apparently decided to not follow along. If you noticed he didn’t post or moderate during something like the last six months of OP.

In site related news, I had to implement new measures to combat spammers since there were about 30 spammers trying to register per day for the last 3-4 weeks. Due to this, some people may be accidentally blocked by that interface if for some reason you share those IP's. Please message me if you run into issues.

Also, I had to disable the site contact form as I was getting about 10 spam emails from it a day. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Edit: Messaging me through Conversations is the best way to get a hold of me.

As far as site growth goes, the main thing is spreading awareness. Please link our site on your social media accounts if you would like to support us in that way. The person who ran OP.com last (Casper) gave me the Orange Power twitter a couple months back, so I am using to spread OSU related news and occasionally will plug the site and discord server on it.

Last edited:
In site related news, I had to implement new measures to combat spammers since there were about 30 spammers trying to register per day for the last 3-4 weeks. Due to this, some people may be accidentally blocked by that interface if for some reason you share those IP's. Please message me if you run into issues.

Also, I had to disable the site contact form as I was getting about 10 spam emails from it a day. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Edit: Messaging me through Conversations is the best way to get a hold of me.

As far as site growth goes, the main thing is spreading awareness. Please link our site on your social media accounts if you would like to support us in that way. The person who ran OP.com last (Casper) gave me the Orange Power twitter a couple months back, so I am using to spread OSU related news and occasionally will plug the site and discord server on it.
I was a previous poster on OP and just re-registered after lurking this season. Has anyone made a post on r/CFB indicating the previous decommission and starting of this site? There are a couple OSU guys who are mods of that sub.

I was a previous poster on OP and just re-registered after lurking this season. Has anyone made a post on r/CFB indicating the previous decommission and starting of this site? There are a couple OSU guys who are mods of that sub.
That site wasnt really decomissioned, it was that the domain was lost. So things happened abruptly. Casper, who ran the last site is a mod here and gave me advice setting this up. I was okstate987 on OP.com and was not a mod there.

No, we have not made a post like that on reddit, but I am happy to do so.

Excuse me? Where in anything I said was I complaining? This post was about morning the loss and showing respect for it. Then I followed it up with a simple question. Asking a damn question is NOT complaining. Nor was I being critical to anyone for the mistakes happening. I apologize to those concerned if it was taken that way.

With this post you directly attacked me as the OP and called me out. Then you basically shammed everyone who isn't a patreon supporter and categorized them as sub-standard posters. If that is what you want, then feel free to block me and anyone else on the site who is not a patreon supporter. At least from what you just said, that sounds like it would get you exactly what you want.

I'm not "flaming you" for suggesting people should more actively support the site. I'm reacting to the attitude and disrespect with which you did it. Then you attributed an attitude/action to me and other posters that was not deserved. Maybe I should become a patreon supporter. I considered it but was not with OP. However, your post in no way made me want to. It just made me want to ditch this site entirely if that is the way I can expect to be treated.

Last edited:
@CptnQuirk I think you misunderstood me. I said "If it was just the domain why was the site lost?" By "site" I mean the ditigital information on the server that is hosting the site. The domain is just the URL that a DNS server uses to route traffic to a server hosting the site itself.

Losing registration of a domain should not be tied to the site itself and the server hosting it. Though if the email for the site was not updated it is possible other things were not as well and access to the server was lost. Then given enough time whoever was hosting it might just delete it.

Let me qualify this here as it appears my post is being taken negatively by some. I'm just curious and asking questions. I'm not being critical or flaming anyone for what happened. If my post is coming off that way I apologize.

Last edited:
Back