Pokes vs. Toads

I’d also like to know if Ritchie can play 1B and have Brueggy sit.
He is too good of an outfielder to play at 1st base. He has solidified the outfield into a major asset. He’s already made a number of plays that Schubert would not have. Schubert should be the guy at 1st, or if we have another 1st baseman on the roster, have him DH. Bruggeman needs to be the last option.

Last edited:
T4
Another error by Wulfert on a slow roller. Bad throw. Brueggeman also misplayed it.
--steals 2nd. Carter drops the ball. That's 33 straight steals for TCU against OSU over 5 years
Strikeout swinging
Strikeout looking. That fastball ran back over the inside corner.
Rocket shot to deep RF, Benge tracks it down in front of the wall

4-2

Last edited:
Very impressed since the delay, every hitter except Bruggeman, of course, has cut their swing down and looking to put the ball in play and good results inside.
I'd disagree in that Brueggeman did put the ball in play & it took a web gem diving catch on a blooper to get him out.
It wasn't a K hitting agains a LHP for him, so I got no complaints!

Do we need a new first baseman? Dude was completely out of position on the wrong side of the bag. The throw from third base would’ve been fine if he would’ve been on the correct side of the bag where he could catch the ball before it hit the runner. I’ve never seen a first baseman try to catch an infield throw by standing on the out of bounds side of first base. I’ve seen him muff several bounced throws to first base that should’ve been catchable over the past week.

Do we need a new first baseman? Dude was completely out of position on the wrong side of the bag. The throw from third base would’ve been fine if he would’ve been on the correct side of the bag where he could catch the ball before it hit the runner. I’ve never seen a first baseman try to catch an infield throw by standing on the out of bounds side of first base. I’ve seen him muff several bounced throws to first base that should’ve been catchable over the past week.
He is, at best a barely average defensive first baseman, not to mention a poor hitter. Been saying for weeks he needs to be out asap.

Back