NIL

The Stillwater News Press has an article about the upcoming bidding war for Ollie Gordon.
Let's hope we can come up with enough NIL money to keep him.
The snp sports section is garbage since Jason Elmquist has been there. Why on earth they hired that hack I will never know. He is a jayhawk that makes no bones about hating OSU.

He sucks and snp sports shouldn’t be taken any more seriously than a random message board poster

The snp sports section is garbage since Jason Elmquist has been there. Why on earth they hired that hack I will never know. He is a jayhawk that makes no bones about hating OSU.

He sucks and snp sports shouldn’t be taken any more seriously than a random message board poster
Maybe so, other than this article (which popped up in my feed) I don't think I've read the snp since I moved away from Stillwater 20 years ago, and I'm not sure I even read it then. However, even a broken clock is right twice a day, so I think my premise still stands even though I'm just a random message board poster. 😉

This is a thread about NIL, and whether we like it or not someone is going to open up the checkbook for Ollie Gordon (I just hope it is us). I also think that if we wait until the end of the season we are making a huge mistake. The time to lock down Ollie is now.

I don't know Ollie personally so I am only speaking for myself, but I know that when I have felt under appreciated I began looking somewhere else.

This is my first semester as a Poke. I've been surprised at the amount of negativism that I have found on this board. In the game threads, it seems like some are pulling for OSU to lose so that they can complain. The article is an extension of that, and it is extremely poorly timed, unless intentionally meant to sow woe, by the author and the editor.
Most newspapers in Oklahoma are manned by graduates from the legion of goon

Rivals, Go Pokes, 247, PFB and RA's site all have forums, they are all paid boards, other than rivals free boards that no one posts in.

RA's site is probably similar to ours in positivity (RA himself nonwithstanding), but the others range from surly to complete debbie downers.

We try to keep things on the up and up here as best we can.

What is RA?

Can you get rheumatoid arthritis in the gluteus maximus? If so I would say that Robert Allen is like rheumatoid arthritis, or at least he is certainly a pain in the...

I do find it interesting that GOPOKES 24/7 brought a Georgia guy, McLain Bexley, who got to cover two National championship runs the last two years to take over that site from Nebraska Boy Nagel!
Back to back guys with zero affiliation to the state much less the school. That coupled with the extremely negative vibe there now is why I left after being a member since 2004.

Back to back guys with zero affiliation to the state much less the school. That coupled with the extremely negative vibe there now is why I left after being a member since 2004.
The problem with lots of O-State guys in the media is they turn into what we see with Pat Jones, Sam Mayes, and Traitor. They turn out to be wannabe goons

The problem with lots of O-State guys in the media is they turn into what we see with Pat Jones, Sam Mayes, and Traitor. They turn out to be wannabe goons

Their counterpart fanboys in the Goon media also tend to make some OSU fans wish we had more media members who fawn over everything our coaches say and do.

Their counterpart fanboys in the Goon media also tend to make some OSU fans wish we had more media members who fawn over everything our coaches say and do.
RA gets made fun of by the fanboys of goon in a big way. I have to give him credit for being orange to the bone even if he does irritate me sometimes. Holcomb disappoints sometimes because he is so worried about being neutral.

This is my first semester as a Poke. I've been surprised at the amount of negativism that I have found on this board. In the game threads, it seems like some are pulling for OSU to lose so that they can complain. The article is an extension of that, and it is extremely poorly timed, unless intentionally meant to sow woe, by the author and the editor.
James Franco Reaction GIF

RA gets made fun of by the fanboys of goon in a big way. I have to give him credit for being orange to the bone even if he does irritate me sometimes. Holcomb disappoints sometimes because he is so worried about being neutral.
And he should, he's as bad as any of them.

Your comment on Holcomb is exactly what I mean-some people want biased rah, rah coverage and they get mad that OSU doesn't have as much of that as OU does.

And he should, he's as bad as any of them.

Your comment on Holcomb is exactly what I mean-some people want biased rah, rah coverage and they get mad that OSU doesn't have as much of that as OU does.
Holcomb sometimes gives off the vibe he wants nothing to do with the Pokes

Back