NIL

Keeping players needs to be just as big a priority as recruiting new ones this off season. MASSIVELY important and I thing the coaches have gotten the message.

This fanbase is simply determined to be miserable and prognosticate every worst possible outcome.
I hope this comment was directed at the author of the article and not me. I agree that a certain segment of our fanbase doesn't seem like they are happy unless they are unhappy, but that's not me.

I am going to disagree with you somewhat on the context of the article though. While I can see your point of view, I see it more of a call to arms, but maybe that is the optimist in me. 😉

Whether we like it or not there is going to be a bidding war for Ollie Gordon. I think this article was written as notice that people better get ready to open up their checkbooks.

I hope this comment was directed at the author of the article and not me. I agree that a certain segment of our fanbase doesn't seem like they are happy unless they are unhappy, but that's not me.

I am going to disagree with you somewhat on the context of the article though. While I can see your point of view, I see it more of a call to arms, but maybe that is the optimist in me. 😉

Whether we like it or not there is going to be a bidding war for Ollie Gordon. I think this article was written as notice that people better get ready to open up their checkbooks.

This is my first semester as a Poke. I've been surprised at the amount of negativism that I have found on this board. In the game threads, it seems like some are pulling for OSU to lose so that they can complain. The article is an extension of that, and it is extremely poorly timed, unless intentionally meant to sow woe, by the author and the editor.

This is my first semester as a Poke. I've been surprised at the amount of negativism that I have found on this board. In the game threads, it seems like some are pulling for OSU to lose so that they can complain. The article is an extension of that, and it is extremely poorly timed, unless intentionally meant to sow woe, by the author and the editor.
In my expierience, we are probably the most positive OSU board also.

We do tend to be a negative bunch.

Agree on your first point, agree to disagree on your second point. I highly doubt the author or the editor of a Stillwater based newspaper would last very long if their goal was to intentionally sow woe regarding OSU football. If you read the article, the author did say the best place for Ollie is OSU. I also think the timing was perfect, because the time to start raising money is now. We can't wait until the end of the season and hope things go our way.

Agree on your first point, agree to disagree on your second point. I highly doubt the author or the editor of a Stillwater based newspaper would last very long if their goal was to intentionally sow woe regarding OSU football. If you read the article, the author did say the best place for Ollie is OSU. I also think the timing was perfect, because the time to start raising money is now. We can't wait until the end of the season and hope things go our way.

It just seems wrong to throw a blanket on the excitement of turning the season around.

I browsed the old Orange Power board, but I am not aware of any other OSU-specific boards.
Rivals, Go Pokes, 247, PFB and RA's site all have forums, they are all paid boards, other than rivals free boards that no one posts in.

RA's site is probably similar to ours in positivity (RA himself nonwithstanding), but the others range from surly to complete debbie downers.

We try to keep things on the up and up here as best we can.

There are always exceptions, but I think in general you will find the level of optimism of an individual to be directly proportional to the length of time they’ve been an OSU fan.

Some of us have seen some pretty smurfed up bullspit.

There are always exceptions, but I think in general you will find the level of optimism of an individual to be directly proportional to the length of time they’ve been an OSU fan.

Some of us have seen some pretty smurfed up bullspit.

I was in fourth grade when Herschel, Dooley, and company won the national championship. I thought it would always be like that. Then came Goff, Donnan, and Richt. Be careful what you wish for.

The good news is that I have degrees from three other institutions, and all three have won football national championships since my graduation. Schools don't need multi-million dollar coaches and five stars, they need me.... and maybe the coaches and the five stars.

Such a BS article to write in week 8 of 2023. I would rip them a new one if I’m HCMG.
This Trevino kid who wrote this either was or is an editor or something like that with the O’Colly (I don’t know if he graduated last year or the year before and is a full timer with the News-Press or is still a student who is working for them) and I believe he was known for always picking against OSU in the O’Colly game picks in many games the past couple of years! He may still be a little butt hurt from last season over the way Gundy kind of shut off the press after the bowl game last year when he got into it with Pistols Firing boy Marshall regarding if he was going to fire any coaches and replace them for next season!!! There is also a kid at the O’Colly named Gabriel Trevino, I wonder if they are related like the two twin brothers that were O’ Colly reporters and now work for this site called Sell Out Crowd started by former Oklahoman writer Berry Tramel!

Last edited:
I do find it interesting that GOPOKES 24/7 brought a Georgia guy, McLain Bexley, who got to cover two National championship runs the last two years to take over that site from Nebraska Boy Nagel!

Back