KSU Game? Only if you attended

NorthPoke

The Big Screen Advertised an NIL Match up to X amount of dollars. As things happen in attendance; with the game and all the recognitions on the field, I didn't get the full contact or really full info regarding the NIL contribution avenue. If you are part of this offer or know more, it would be beneficial to explain what the "deal" is. We, oSu, need to step up and this fast "AD?" on the big screen was a start but please show us the road.
Thanks

The NIL collective is trying to raise $600,000 for the O-Line. There was a matching offer up to $300,000. They have a place to send money

The NIL collective is trying to raise $600,000 for the O-Line. There was a matching offer up to $300,000. They have a place to send money

The collective is Pokes With A Purpose (sometimes referred to as PWAP on here). They have an easily findable website where you can do one-time donations or a monthly amount. I started donating a fairly small monthly amount about a year ago, an amount that I would normally blow elsewhere over the course of a month, yet enough so that if half our season ticket holders did the same we could basically fund the entire football NIL (relying on other sources for the other sports). Given that I'm in medium-priced seats, if the others gave proportionally to their seat costs all sports might be covered. Should we have to? Of course not, but it's going to take this (or more) if we want to remain competitive for league championships.

As to your post, I applaud the concept of the matching donation Friday night, but yes, it was lacking in detail and needs an extended time frame. I appreciate what the volunteers at PWAP are doing, but they and the athletic department should have taken/been given about 3X as much screen time to get their message(s) across. This is vastly more important than the 2-3 paid ads that would have been forfeited.

The collective is Pokes With A Purpose (sometimes referred to as PWAP on here). They have an easily findable website where you can do one-time donations or a monthly amount. I started donating a fairly small monthly amount about a year ago, an amount that I would normally blow elsewhere over the course of a month, yet enough so that if half our season ticket holders did the same we could basically fund the entire football NIL (relying on other sources for the other sports). Given that I'm in medium-priced seats, if the others gave proportionally to their seat costs all sports might be covered. Should we have to? Of course not, but it's going to take this (or more) if we want to remain competitive for league championships.

As to your post, I applaud the concept of the matching donation Friday night, but yes, it was lacking in detail and needs an extended time frame. I appreciate what the volunteers at PWAP are doing, but they and the athletic department should have taken/been given about 3X as much screen time to get their message(s) across. This is vastly more important than the 2-3 paid ads that would have been forfeited.
Our family took the exact same approach. I realize every one’s financial situation is different and some don’t like NIL. I get that and don’t critique anyone for how they view and or participate.

We just said x$ per month reoccurring is no different than X number of Chick-fil-A meals and we spend too much eating out as it is.

This year has been a little down for me with the shaky economy but had $1,000 in extra income from tax refunds so just sent Pokes With a Purpose a check! I was kind of surprised to get that money refunded because I figured the IRS and old FJB in Washington DC would keep it for their foreign adventures in places like Ukraine and Iran (sorry for the political commentary)! 😑
That was a great win Friday night and enjoyed the ride back home from Stillwater!

Back