Around the XII Week 12

Looking like UT will survive Ames which is very good for us. Looking like next week will be a win and we are in.

...Unless tech beats UT and ISU beats KSU.

Looking like UT will survive Ames which is very good for us. Looking like next week will be a win and we are in.

...Unless tech beats UT and ISU beats KSU.
Those make zero difference now as to our making it in as long as we win, only who our opponent would be. Win next weekend we're in. If ut wins too we play them. If they lose then several other games determine who our opponent would be.

Those make zero difference now as to our making it in as long as we win, only who our opponent would be. Win next weekend we're in. If ut wins too we play them. If they lose then several other games determine who our opponent would be.
If Texas loses and KSU lose and OU and OSU win, the it’s a 3 way tie against OSU, OU, and UT. No one has a clear advantage. So it would go to common opponent which is ISU

If Texas loses and KSU lose and OU and OSU win, the it’s a 3 way tie against OSU, OU, and UT. No one has a clear advantage. So it would go to common opponent which is ISU
What a GD mess. Someone remind me why divisions weren't put in place to avoid this trainwreck?

It would be just the win percentage amongst the tied teams. We would have a 100% since we would have won all the games we played against the other two. OU would have a 50% win percentage, having won one of two games and UT would have a 0% win percentage against OU and us. So it would be a Bedlam repeat. Play against other teams doesn’t come into play unless the tied teams have the same win percentage against each other.

The mighty Coach Sark won his 10th game yesterday. First time in his illustrious career he's done that.

What a GD mess. Someone remind me why divisions weren't put in place to avoid this trainwreck?

Because it would be an even bigger mess with divisions. You could have ranked teams in one division and none in the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Because it would be an even bigger mess with divisions. You could have ranked teams in one division and none in the other.

Exactly, like when the South division would have 4 & even 5 of the 6 ranked, & the North might have 1 ranked.

Also please note that OU’s struggles yesterday are in fact a product of Provo being a designated ‘hard to get excited about’ locations. Thank god the Sooners found the resolve to fight through this.

Last edited:

More of a mess than a 4 way tie with multiple teams who never played each other, nullifying head-to-head results and forcing to look at everyone's results or margin of victory against Iowa State or KU pending final week results?

More of a mess than a 4 way tie with multiple teams who never played each other, nullifying head-to-head results and forcing to look at everyone's results or margin of victory against Iowa State or KU pending final week results?
I like that better than divisions. Why should a 5-4 team from the north get to play an 8-1 team from the south if there are two 8-1 teams from the south?

I like that better than divisions. Why should a 5-4 team from the north get to play an 8-1 team from the south if there are two 8-1 teams from the south?
Then win your division games. You played everyone in your division and lost 1 or more games, no getting into comparative common opponent or not common opponent across 14+ teams nonsense, everyone played everyone you lost so better luck next year. That's the format of every other P5 conference, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

It would be just the win percentage amongst the tied teams. We would have a 100% since we would have won all the games we played against the other two. OU would have a 50% win percentage, having won one of two games and UT would have a 0% win percentage against OU and us. So it would be a Bedlam repeat. Play against other teams doesn’t come into play unless the tied teams have the same win percentage against each other.
No. That is not how it works. @Okstatekerr is right. Read the rules.

Back