2024 Portal Season

Loving the mix of size, length & under dog players who play hard. Yates is a huge piece if we can get him. Interesting going up against Louisville, haven’t seen too many battles vs them in basketball recruiting. Seems like all these kids have TX ties

Any news on Cisse yet? It seems weird that he's been hanging around campus for several day, but hasn't said anything one way or another. Both of his twitter profile pics are of him in OSU gear. Do you think he really wants to come here and Lutz doesn't want him, or is it NIL related, or something else entirely?

Any news on Cisse yet? It seems weird that he's been hanging around campus for several day, but hasn't said anything one way or another. Both of his twitter profile pics are of him in OSU gear. Do you think he really wants to come here and Lutz doesn't want him, or is it NIL related, or something else entirely?
He may be a silent commit until we see what Garrison does. We want both.

Man if he can save Gartison that would be huge. I’m encouraged that he hasn’t take a visit and committed the next day. Lutz’ recruiting of Zach Edey could be HUGE showing Garrison what he could become. I can’t imagine the TWIN TOWER national analogy we could have with those two dominating the paint 😯

I saw where he was looking at Kentucky as well. I would imagine he could get playing time there with a whole new roster and a former Big 12 coach.

I saw where he was looking at Kentucky as well. I would imagine he could get playing time there with a whole new roster and a former Big 12 coach.
Kentucky has already signed two big guys, 6'10 and 6'11 centers, out of the portal. So playing time there is already an issue as well. Both schools could pay more and I'm sure he's confident he can compete for minutes anywhere. I'm just saying if he wants a guaranteed 25 minutes a night, right now out of the schools he's visited since entering the portal, we're the only school that can offer that.

Kentucky has already signed two big guys, 6'10 and 6'11 centers, out of the portal. So playing time there is already an issue as well. Both schools could pay more and I'm sure he's confident he can compete for minutes anywhere. I'm just saying if he wants a guaranteed 25 minutes a night, right now out of the schools he's visited since entering the portal, we're the only school that can offer that.
It’s a whole new generation of money chasers. Look at Spencer Sanders for example. He got a bag but he sat his last year. I mean it’s pretty special even being on the bench at Kentucky… I don’t think he goes to ou or TX but the other 2 are possibilities. Wish we knew anything regarding his status

Heard that Small is headed to Ole Miss.

That puts our best starters from last year at UCLA, Kentucky, and Ole Miss, and then our energetic glue guy headed to a smaller school. Makes me sad at the lack of production the previous staff got out of the team.

That puts our best starters from last year at UCLA, Kentucky, and Ole Miss, and then our energetic glue guy headed to a smaller school. Makes me sad at the lack of production the previous staff got out of the team.
Agree, when football guys leave most of them go to lesser schools, and it makes it all the more impressive what gundy does (recruiting frustrations aside). On the BBall side, we have no excuses. Our talent lands at good/great places (or 1st pick in the draft), and we have no tourney, or even conference success to show for it.

Agree, when football guys leave most of them go to lesser schools, and it makes it all the more impressive what gundy does (recruiting frustrations aside). On the BBall side, we have no excuses. Our talent lands at good/great places (or 1st pick in the draft), and we have no tourney, or even conference success to show for it.
Could be why we have a new coach?

Pedulla and Small on the same team, that’s going to be a dynamic duo. Also heard Pedulla was wanting to come to OSU but Ole Miss handed him a massive bag.

Oh please, Ole Miss is not a better program, they just have a bag of money and shady af coaches. Every program, even elite programs, are losing players to the portal. It's just how it is, stop pretending like it's unique to us, as though we're the problem. We had a coaching change, and portal is a big deal for everyone when that happens. Last year sucked, but it's pretty clear the problem was that potential NIL donors didn't have faith in Boynton, hence the change. Welcome to the new world of college athletics.

Back