2023-2024 Portal Thread

VENTRINO

Patreon Supporter
Lot of QBs already entering the portal..

Will Howard
Tyler Van Dyke
Will Rogers
Max Johnson
Blake Shapen
Brendan Sorsby

And others to come I’m sure..

I’d take any name up there.. with an unproven lot behind Bowman, we gotta hit the portal again, right?

Easton Kilty, a senior lineman from North Dakota, has received an offer from Auburn, per his social media.

The 6-foot-5, 305-pound Kilty started every game at left tackle for the Fighting Hawks. The Stratford, Wis., native entered the year as an honorable mention preseason all-MVFC selection.

Kilty has received offers from Auburn, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, among others.

Will Howard
Tyler Van Dyke
Will Rogers
Max Johnson
Blake Shapen
Brendan Sorsby

I’d take any name up there.. with an unproven lot behind Bowman, we gotta hit the portal again, right?

Max Johnson played locally to me. He transferred high schools because he found himself on the same team as Brock Vandergriff. He just hasn’t been able to get it going in college.

The KSU QB is the most interesting on the list in that it didn’t appear to be expected.

Will Howard
Tyler Van Dyke
Will Rogers
Max Johnson
Blake Shapen
Brendan Sorsby

I'd be surprised if we took a QB, especially if Bowman comes back. We'll have 4 scholarship devoted to QBs plus Gundy.

If Bowman gets denied or someone transfers that changes things.

Max Johnson played locally to me. He transferred high schools because he found himself on the same team as Brock Vandergriff. He just hasn’t been able to get it going in college.

The KSU QB is the most interesting on the list in that it didn’t appear to be expected.
The true fresh QB at K State is going to be very good. Honestly, probably should’ve played over Howard following the game against us moving forward. But I get the staff sticking with the guy who won them a Big 12 championship.

I'd be surprised if we took a QB, especially if Bowman comes back. We'll have 4 scholarship devoted to QBs plus Gundy.

If Bowman gets denied or someone transfers that changes things.
I wasn’t aware Bowman could return. That’s good to know. If not, I think we’d need to pick up something in the portal

I wasn’t aware Bowman could return. That’s good to know. If not, I think we’d need to pick up something in the portal
That is a risky move. You go after someone in the portal and you most likely lose one or even two of the QBs on the roster. I think Bowman will return so I don't think it matters anyway. However if he doesn't you have Flores and Rangel battling it out and Flores should win that. Might even have a chance for Smith to get a chance if he comes in the spring like expected. Not that he should be a factor but there is a decent chance we will also get the younger Gundy on the roster as a walk on QB next year.

Bowman applied for an exception to get an additional year. I don't think he has received an answer on it.

No way Bowman gets another year. It’s college. Move on to the next man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go ahead and put all your eggs in that basket. We need to hit the portal hard for a qb

Go ahead and put all your eggs in that basket. We need to hit the portal hard for a qb

Who said to put all our eggs in one basket? The fact that we are offering transfer QBs show we are not.

I just can't wait to see Sterling for an entire year next year 👀.

Also is that Iowa WR we got out for sure even next year? I get the gambling thing but I never saw a "dismissed from team" only "team activities"

Matt Rhule on the portal -

Make no mistake that a good quarterback in the portal costs, you know, a million to $1.5 million to $2 million right now, just so we're all on the same page," Rhule said Wednesday while discussing the state of the program with reporters. "Let's make sure we all understand what's happening. There are some teams that have $6 [million] or $7 million players playing for them."

I guess for whatever reason I didn’t consider the price tag on some of these guys. A bunch of QBs entering the portal.. are they looking for the bag or the best fit?

Back