2023-2024 Portal Thread

Matt Rhule on the portal -

Make no mistake that a good quarterback in the portal costs, you know, a million to $1.5 million to $2 million right now, just so we're all on the same page," Rhule said Wednesday while discussing the state of the program with reporters. "Let's make sure we all understand what's happening. There are some teams that have $6 [million] or $7 million players playing for them."

I guess for whatever reason I didn’t consider the price tag on some of these guys. A bunch of QBs entering the portal.. are they looking for the bag or the best fit?
Bag...it's all about the bag.

Matt Rhule on the portal -

Make no mistake that a good quarterback in the portal costs, you know, a million to $1.5 million to $2 million right now, just so we're all on the same page," Rhule said Wednesday while discussing the state of the program with reporters. "Let's make sure we all understand what's happening. There are some teams that have $6 [million] or $7 million players playing for them."

I guess for whatever reason I didn’t consider the price tag on some of these guys. A bunch of QBs entering the portal.. are they looking for the bag or the best fit?

Can you imagine what Ollie is going to be offered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let’s play guess who transfers!

I think we lose Daniels, Rangel, probably Nixon. I’m sure there are more, but those three I don’t expect to return.

Who else?

Let’s play guess who transfers!

I think we lose Daniels, Rangel, probably Nixon. I’m sure there are more, but those three I don’t expect to return.

Who else?
If rules matter hasn’t Daniel’s already xfered from aTm to here after spring ball of what would have been his sr yr in high school. Could be wrong there.

I’m concerned that Black will xfer as a package w his brother. Thought was his brother might commit here so they could play together but younger brother pushed his commit date to Dec 15th. That would let Korie enter the portal.

I'm creating a portal thread to track incoming and outgoing players.

Our coaching staff is planning on hitting the ground hard this week with lots of travel while our players have some time off.

I think the most important thing to remember is that even big programs lose a lot of guys to the portal but there are good players in there if you can find them. It is inevitable for every single program and doesn’t mean the sky is falling. As a fan appreciate everyone that stays, welcome everyone that’s new, and get ready for the next season.

Back