2024 Portal Season

Well, I suppose that it's still possible for any of our portal guys to decide to stay at OSU. Lutz can still try to talk to any of them that he'd like to stay; maybe that's all of them, maybe less than all.

Of those I'd think Tennessee is the only danger to him choosing to stay here instead. Or outside chance of aTm since they and their boosters have infinitely more money than sense.
UCLA is still a brand and Mick Cronin is still a popular coach. They made the straight sweet sixteens the last two seasons before missing the tournament this year. They also surely have NIL chops. I don't think aggy donors really care that much about basketball, but who knows. He certainly wouldn't choose them for prestige.

I know we have a number of guys in the portal, but haven't heard anything about where any are going, if they have decided.

I assume that they are waiting for the school year to end, but I don't know all the portal rules. Just wondering when they have to announce what they're doing?

I know we have a number of guys in the portal, but haven't heard anything about where any are going, if they have decided.

I assume that they are waiting for the school year to end, but I don't know all the portal rules. Just wondering when they have to announce what they're doing?
I would think if decisions are made they would announce and get it over with.

But that may reduce the student athlete's opportunities to extort, I mean work NIL deals, I mean execute pay for play mercenary deals with prospective coaches and schools boosters....

It appears that Garrison is visiting ou this weekend and Daily is at UCLA.
disgusted new girl GIF

Garrison would be stupid to go to OU. It would be just like walking into the same situation he was just in--massive fan apathy, lower tier NIL, most of the team is in the portal, and a coach who may be on his way out
Whut?!?! The goons are supposed to have unlimited money, Porter is great, and they need a linch pin to sell Paoli on that new gym they are building for the goons

Justin McBride has entered the portal. Only remaining players from last year's team who have not entered the portal are Thompson, Keller, and Dow.

It will be interesting to see what a nearly full scale roster overhaul over the course of one off-season looks like.

Back