Last edited:
#9 Doucet vs #11 Or St

again headed to SV at 1-1
Nothing in SV
Doucet rides out first tiebreakerp

He wins 2-1 and the Pokes win 27-9

8 of 10 matches were well executed

Last edited:
My quick take. Spratley still has a way to go. Guy from OreSt was good, but needs to learn. He has got to beat guys like him if he wants to be an AA. Fix is Fix. Jamison lost to a guy who ran from him. Watch PenSt Mich match, that ref would have disqualified OreSt guy. Still Jamison, who has had a good year, needs to get better. I still think Jamison can be AA. Alvarez was fine. Is he our 149 pounder or Williams? If he is guy, needs to get a bit better to be an AA and I think he will as some of the rust from him not wrestling last few years comes off. But he is not that far from AA status. I really like Travis. No one expected him to start and everyone thought 157 was weakest weight. He looks good to me. Too small for weight, look how much bigger OreSt guy was. But wrestles clean style, gets low single leg and scores takedown. Strong enough where he can escape on bottom. He may be a factor at NCAA. I look for him to be an AA. Olejnik was fine. Thompson beat a good 165 pounder from OreSt. Long way to go to be an AA, but getting better. Plot was strong against very good OreSt guy. He may be legit national finalist. Surber was off. Out of shape and just trying to do enough to beat a guy he was much better than. Doucet looked good against pretty good 285 pounder. We will see but he may be good enough to be an AA. He wins ugly, but he wins.

If you look at this team verses last years team, they are way ahead. No, they are not Penn State level. But I will be shocked if they are not in top 10, and I think top 5 is likely. For a pretty young team coming off a #18 finish last year, a lot of improvement.

My quick take. Spratley still has a way to go. Guy from OreSt was good, but needs to learn. He has got to beat guys like him if he wants to be an AA. Fix is Fix. Jamison lost to a guy who ran from him. Watch PenSt Mich match, that ref would have disqualified OreSt guy. Still Jamison, who has had a good year, needs to get better. I still think Jamison can be AA. Alvarez was fine. Is he our 149 pounder or Williams? If he is guy, needs to get a bit better to be an AA and I think he will as some of the rust from him not wrestling last few years comes off. But he is not that far from AA status. I really like Travis. No one expected him to start and everyone thought 157 was weakest weight. He looks good to me. Too small for weight, look how much bigger OreSt guy was. But wrestles clean style, gets low single leg and scores takedown. Strong enough where he can escape on bottom. He may be a factor at NCAA. I look for him to be an AA. Olejnik was fine. Thompson beat a good 165 pounder from OreSt. Long way to go to be an AA, but getting better. Plot was strong against very good OreSt guy. He may be legit national finalist. Surber was off. Out of shape and just trying to do enough to beat a guy he was much better than. Doucet looked good against pretty good 285 pounder. We will see but he may be good enough to be an AA. He wins ugly, but he wins.

If you look at this team verses last years team, they are way ahead. No, they are not Penn State level. But I will be shocked if they are not in top 10, and I think top 5 is likely. For a pretty young team coming off a #18 finish last year, a lot of improvement.
I think for the first time in a long time you can see a path to another national title. Lots of young guys wrestling well and they are way more aggressive than last year.

Back