Trump 2024 Run Thread

Ohh lets play game shall we
View attachment 7710
  • Gross domestic product (GDP) in the Detroit Region has reached a peak in 2022 from the past five years, outpacing national growth rates. 
  • Employment, educational attainment, and income are trending in a positive direction. 
  • Leaks persist in the Region’s talent pipeline, with enrollment and degree completion down. 
  • The Detroit Region consistently ranks as one of the most affordable locations, based on cost of living and rental rates—40% lower than the coasts. 
  • One of the nation’s most populous regions and largest economies, the Detroit Region has shown resiliency over the past few years, including record–low unemployment and increased employment along with growth in household income. Despite the overall strong economic performance, the Region’s population growth has been relatively stagnant, lagging the national rate. 
    • One of the largest economies is the Detroit Region, which is growing. Its gross domestic product, $322.6 billion, has outpaced national growth rates in the past five years. 
    • Median household income in the Detroit Metro grew by 6.1% year-over-year to $71,265 but remains below the national average of $74,755 in 2022. 
    • The Region’s annual unemployment rate reached a 20-year record low at 3.7%, nearly matching the national rate in 2023. 
    • There were 5.4 million residents in the Detroit Region in 2023, which had a growth rate (0.3%) that lags the national rate (1.9%) in the past five years. 
      • Domestic companies invested $4.4 billion in the Region compared to international companies at $4.6 billion in the past five years. The top countries were the U.K. ($2B), Canada ($634M), Germany ($580M), and Japan ($158M). 
      • The Detroit MSA ranked as one of the largest national export markets (#10), with exported goods valued at more than $43.6 billion in 2022, which notably increased by 14.7% in one year. 
      • The vacancy rates for office and industrial real estate remain steady in the Detroit Region but lower than national rates, especially for the industrial market, which has been operating at near capacity for almost a decade. 
        • The Detroit Region has a workforce of 2.6 million in 2023, which has increased an average of 3.0% year-over-year in the past five years. 
        • Occupational wages increased significantly, by 16.0%, over the past five years in the Detroit Region.  
        • The highest-paying occupations in 2023 were in management, legal, and computer and information technology.  
        • The percentage of residents 25 and older with an associate degree or higher has grown by 2.6 percentage points since 2018. The Region’s educational attainment rate of 43.6% is near the national rate of 44.5%. 

• Detroit is one of the most affordable U.S. metros, with the cost-of-living index (COLI) ranking the fourth lowest among major metros (4 million population or more) in 2023.  
      • The median rent in the Detroit MSA ranks has one of the most affordable out of the most populous U.S. metros in 2023, with rents 42% lower than San Francisco, 40% lower than New York, and 40% lower than Boston MSAs. 
      • The median home value in the Detroit Region increased significantly at 42.9% over the past five years but remains affordable, with prices nearly $59,000 lower than the national average in 2022. 
    • 69.7% of lane miles of roads assessed in the Detroit Region were considered in good or fair condition, an increase of 12.7 percentage points in the past five years, with a notable decrease in roads in poor condition. 
    • Annual passengers at the Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) have increased notably in one year to 28.6 million passengers in 2023 but are still lower than the pre-pandemic peak in 2019 by 14.4%. 
    • Public transit ridership has recovered to 57% of pre-pandemic levels in 2023, increasing 16.7% from 2022.   

Did you read any of that? Whomever wrote it was obviously trying hard to present Detroit as "almost" as well off as the average US City.

Besides, I'm not putting down Detroit, just mocking the Mayors Outlook obviously prioritizing the privately owned sports teams.
Mayor of Detroit
“Detroit just hosted the largest NFL Draft in history, the Tigers are back in the playoffs, the Lions are headed to the Super Bowl, crime is down and our population is growing,” Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan wrote in a tweet. “Lots of cities should be like Detroit. And we did it all without Trump’s help.”

For what its worth Dan Cambell and Malcom Rodriguez do make the lions a nice NFL side follow.

Trump promises to end US Taxes on Americans living abroad

Of all the proposals, this one makes the most sense by far.

If he had proposed this is 2016, I would have voted for him. Overseas taxes are an absolute bureaucratic nightmare. We are the only country in the world that does this to citizens. The taxes are too complex for nearly all accountants, so you have to get specialized accountants who are quite expensive.

As an example, one year, my Australian income was 98.9% of my total income.
My Australian tax form was 8 pages. My US tax form was 287 pages.

A doc I worked with was Australian, but his mom was American, so she got him citizenship when he was a baby. He never lived in the US but had to pay $33K in taxes and fees to renounce his citizenship because after FATCA foreign banks had to report citizens to the US treasury.

Did you read any of that? Whomever wrote it was obviously trying hard to present Detroit as "almost" as well off as the average US City.

Besides, I'm not putting down Detroit, just mocking the Mayors Outlook obviously prioritizing the privately owned sports teams.
Mayor of Detroit
“Detroit just hosted the largest NFL Draft in history, the Tigers are back in the playoffs, the Lions are headed to the Super Bowl, crime is down and our population is growing,” Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan wrote in a tweet. “Lots of cities should be like Detroit. And we did it all without Trump’s help.”

For what its worth Dan Cambell and Malcom Rodriguez do make the lions a nice NFL side follow.
He's like Cousin Eddie's dog. When he gets on your leg it's best just to let him finish.

Of all the proposals, this one makes the most sense by far.

If he had proposed this is 2016, I would have voted for him. Overseas taxes are an absolute bureaucratic nightmare. We are the only country in the world that does this to citizens. The taxes are too complex for nearly all accountants, so you have to get specialized accountants who are quite expensive.

As an example, one year, my Australian income was 98.9% of my total income.
My Australian tax form was 8 pages. My US tax form was 287 pages.

A doc I worked with was Australian, but his mom was American, so she got him citizenship when he was a baby. He never lived in the US but had to pay $33K in taxes and fees to renounce his citizenship because after FATCA foreign banks had to report citizens to the US treasury.

Damn, I had no idea that US citizenship included a lifetime fee. Like a Netflix Subscription that you can't cancel even if you are done with their content. That does need to go.

The New York Times has been able to confirm, for the first time, that there has been coordination between the Trump Campaign and Twitter, or in other words, Elon Musk. In a new article released this morning, the Times writes:

"The relationship has proved significant in other ways. After a reporter’s publication of hacked Trump campaign information last month, the campaign connected with X to prevent the circulation of links to the material on the platform, according to two people with knowledge of the events. X eventually blocked links to the material and suspended the reporter’s account."

Trump Boasts About Nonexistent New York Times Election Apology

With the presidential race between former President Donald Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris tightening, the former president has begun drawing parallels between this year's contest and his 2016 win against Hillary Clinton.

After Harris enjoyed a honeymoon campaign introduction, pollsters are narrowing the gap between the two candidates, as a recent Newsweek analysis has shown.

At a rally in Scranton, Pennsylvania, this week, while discussing his polling position, Trump said that the "failing" New York Times had been forced to issue an apology to its readers after he won the presidential race in 2016.

The Claim

At a rally in Scranton, Pennsylvania, held on October 9, 2024, Trump said: "The only place we're down, New York Times has a headline that we're down a little bit, but they're the only poll. Every poll, you got to see these polls they're the best polls, New York Times, as we call it, the failing New York Times, it's fake news, these people are sick.

"You remember in 2016 they had to do an editorial apologizing to their readers because they said he's 'Going to lose, he's going to lose, I swear he's going to lose,' and then I won, and they lost thousands and thousands of...I love that. Can that happen again?"

The Facts

This did not happen. The New York Times did not issue an apology editorial after the 2016 election, and there's no evidence that any such editorial led to a loss of "thousands" in what we may assume is readers or income. It is not clear what Trump has based that part of his claim on.

After the 2016 election results, the paper published a letter about the "unconventionality" of Trump's campaign and what was an "erratic and unpredictable election."

Principally, the letter was about how it would continue in its work after the results.

"As we reflect on the momentous result, and the months of reporting and polling that preceded it, we aim to rededicate ourselves to the fundamental mission of Times journalism," it read.

"That is to report America and the world honestly, without fear or favor, striving always to understand and reflect all political perspectives and life experiences in the stories that we bring to you."

The Times had printed predictions ahead of the results that Clinton had an 85 percent chance of winning. While Clinton won the popular vote, Trump easily secured the 270 Electoral College votes to take the presidency.

The letter is still online and does not contain any apology or admission of wrongdoing as Trump suggests.

Newsweek reached out to Trump's team for comment.

This wasn't the only misleading claim Trump made during his visit to Pennsylvania. The former president grossly overestimated how many people turned up to his return to the Butler Farm Show grounds, the site of his assassination attempt in July.

Trump claimed to have attracted 100,000 people, but Newsweek's analysis shows that, based on modeling and expert testimony, the number had to have been lower than 57,000.

The Ruling

<a></a>

False.

The New York Times did not apologize to its readers after Trump won the presidential election in 2016. The paper wrote an editorial addressing the "unpredictable election" and its goal of maintaining journalistic integrity. The claim that this editorial cost the paper "thousands" in either readers or income is unevidenced.

Elon Musk’s X has reportedly worked with the Trump campaign to censor material that could be harmful to the former president’s White House chances as part of a pattern of election interference that is unprecedented in U.S. history.

Eric Trump on Fox & Friends claims fentanyl killed 300,000 children (!!!) in America THIS YEAR.

(Fentanyl killed about 75,000 Americans total in 2022, so yeah ... no)

I'm telling you..he will promise NO Federal Taxes before the Election​

Donald Trump Floats Tax Breaks for Generators After Deadly Hurricanes

Former President Donald Trump on Friday said that if he wins the November presidential election, he will allow the cost of home generators purchased in states hit impacted by recent storms to be tax deductible.

"North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee and, always, Louisiana, Texas, and other States: Due to the unusual activity of Storms, Hurricanes, and Tornadoes, and other Natural Disasters, especially in well-reported parts of our Country, when I win the Presidential Election of 2024, on November 5th, the Most Important Day in the History of our Country, we are going to allow you, retroactive to September 1st, 2024, to purchase a Generator for your Home, which will, in so doing, entitle you to fully deduct the TOTAL cost of said Generator for Income Tax Purposes," he wrote.

Trump continued, "With what our Country is going through, and with the poor response you're getting from the White House and the Federal Government, including Lyin' Kamala Harris and Crooked Joe Biden, this is something you fully deserve. This Tax Deduction is available until August 31st, 2025."

Conservative Columnist Rips Donald Trump's 'Utterly Irresponsible' Campaign Tactics Tax cut promises

Former President Donald Trump is being “utterly irresponsible” with his all-over-the-place promises on tax policies, said National Review senior writer Charles C.W. Cooke.
The Republican nominee promised on Thursday to the Detroit Economic Club (in the same speech that he trashed the city) to make interest on car loans tax deductible if he wins back the White House. He’s previously pledged to nix taxes on tips, overtime and on Social Security benefits.
Cooke wrote on X, formerly Twitter: “As I pointed out last month, Trump is literally going to every single place he needs to win and saying ‘. . . and YOU and YOUR customers won’t have to pay taxes any more!’”
“It’s utterly irresponsible,” he argued.

Cooke shared a column that he penned for the National Review in September in which he said Trump “thinks that these declarations will be popular among the groups he needs to win — and hasn’t considered them beyond that.”
But if Trump does win, he suggested, he’ll be “presented with the near-impossible challenge of pulling his many random utterings into one place and attempting to make them cohere.” That won’t be so easy, said Cooke.
Read Cooke’s September commentary here.

I'm telling you..he will promise NO Federal Taxes before the Election​

Donald Trump Floats Tax Breaks for Generators After Deadly Hurricanes

Former President Donald Trump on Friday said that if he wins the November presidential election, he will allow the cost of home generators purchased in states hit impacted by recent storms to be tax deductible.

"North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee and, always, Louisiana, Texas, and other States: Due to the unusual activity of Storms, Hurricanes, and Tornadoes, and other Natural Disasters, especially in well-reported parts of our Country, when I win the Presidential Election of 2024, on November 5th, the Most Important Day in the History of our Country, we are going to allow you, retroactive to September 1st, 2024, to purchase a Generator for your Home, which will, in so doing, entitle you to fully deduct the TOTAL cost of said Generator for Income Tax Purposes," he wrote.

Trump continued, "With what our Country is going through, and with the poor response you're getting from the White House and the Federal Government, including Lyin' Kamala Harris and Crooked Joe Biden, this is something you fully deserve. This Tax Deduction is available until August 31st, 2025."

Does the president even have the authority to do this?

Trump: And it's so simple… Elon with his rocket ships that land within 12 inches where they wanted to land or he gets the engines back, that was first, who the hell did that? Boom, reminded me of the Biden circles that he used to have. He'd have eight circles… I don't know, couldn't fill up the eight circles. I always loved those. It was so beautiful to look at. In fact, the person that did them, the level of that circle was great… Then I heard we lost. No we're never gonna let that happen again

Trump used an article on Truth Social to attack migrant children in kindergarten supposedly overrunning schools in PA, but the photo used in the caption was just children of color at a school function in Philly in 2015.

Trump Attacks Philadelphia Kindergarteners As Non-English Speaking Migrants
Trump's amplified an article using a photo of Black, Asian, and Hispanic students to imply they are a drain on the system and don't belong here

. https://meidasnews.com/news/trump-a...dergarteners-as-non-english-speaking-migrants

Trump: And it's so simple… Elon with his rocket ships that land within 12 inches where they wanted to land or he gets the engines back, that was first, who the hell did that? Boom, reminded me of the Biden circles that he used to have. He'd have eight circles… I don't know, couldn't fill up the eight circles. I always loved those. It was so beautiful to look at. In fact, the person that did them, the level of that circle was great… Then I heard we lost. No we're never gonna let that happen again

Confused Eminem GIF

But if Trump does win, he suggested, he’ll be “presented with the near-impossible challenge of pulling his many random utterings into one place and attempting to make them cohere.” That won’t be so easy, said Cooke.
Read Cooke’s September commentary here.

No he won't, he'll just make more random utterings and lies about his prior random utterings and lies and deny it ever happened.

Then he'll wave his little chaos wand in his tiny little hands and the people that voted for him will forget all of it.

It's not like he has to worry about not getting elected again. He's gonna grift while the grifting is good.

Back