Trump 2024 Run Thread

I think I would have liked the "never-Trump" JD Vance better than the "pro-Trump" JD Vance. Quite the turn. Sad to me to go from personal responsibility and acceptance of others to outward blame and divisiveness. That is pretty emblematic of the new republican party and why I'm not them anymore. Interesting that they paint it as his wife coming around to Trump because she coincidentally clerked for Kavanaugh. Wasn't John Kerry blasted as a "flip-flopper" while in the Senate that destroyed his presidential campaign?
  • “Hillbilly Elegy”: The timing of his book, published the year that Mr. Trump was elected, helped raise his profile. He argued that a lack of personal agency was responsible for economic suffering, drug abuse and other struggles in white working-class communities like his, and wrote of “a willingness to blame everyone but yourself.” Since aligning himself with Mr. Trump, he has turned his blame toward outside sources, like offshoring and immigration.
  • Criticism of Trump: During the 2016 campaign, Mr. Vance sharply criticized Mr. Trump, describing him as “cultural heroin” and as a demagogue who was “leading the white working class to a very dark place.” He described himself as “a Never Trump guy.” In a Twitter post that he has since deleted, he called Mr. Trump “reprehensible” because he “makes people I care about afraid. Immigrants, Muslims, etc.”
  • Senate campaign: After deciding to run for Senate in 2022, he recast himself as an unflinching Trump supporter. Mr. Vance apologized for denouncing Mr. Trump, adopted his hard-line stances on immigration and other issues, and won Mr. Trump’s endorsement. He has said that Mr. Trump’s term in the White House proved his opposition wrong. He also said in 2019 that “Trump’s popularity in the Vance household went up substantially” because of Brett M. Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court confirmation hearings, during which the judge — whom Mr. Trump had nominated, and for whom Mr. Vance’s wife had clerked — was accused of sexual assault.
  • Election denial: He has not committed to accepting the results of this year’s election. “If we have a free and fair election, I will accept the results,” he said on CNN in May. It’s a caveat that many Republicans have used, leaving the door open to the notion of foul play and helping to sow doubt in advance. In February, he told ABC News that if he had been vice president on Jan. 6, 2021, he would not have certified the election as Mike Pence did, but would have “told the states, like Pennsylvania, Georgia and so many others, that we needed to have multiple slates of electors, and I think the U.S. Congress should have fought over it from there.”

Qanon conspiracy theorist/self-proclaimed "prophet" Johnny Enlow claims that Heaven has stopped hundreds of assassination attempts against Trump and that "even two of President Trump's doubles had been assassinated."

Any teacher that has that thought (either towards Trump or Biden!) firmly planted in their head enough that they are willing to put it out for public consumption on any social media doesn't belong in a classroom with access to young child/adult minds. That kind of influence can stay TF out of the teaching profession.
A lot can be left up to debate, and I'm willing to let a lot of things that I may not agree with go because I know how I'm raising my kids and they'll be free to make up their own minds about things, but someone that thinks that is acceptable public discourse is a trash human and the cause of a lot of these problems.
F-em

Free speech and what not…..

It’s a horrible thing to say. I don’t know if she has used her Facebook as many teachers do in a way that could be considered official…. I don’t know the Ardmore code of conduct…. both of those can really change this conversation. I believe Ardmore itself should have some latitude as her employer either way….BUT

I don’t think a person should lose a govt issued professional license that is achieved by meeting criteria in that field based on a political statement however distasteful made in their personal capacity. That is a very slippery slope.

Last edited:
Trump finally clarified what "Black Jobs" are....they are the Jobs Illegal Immigrants are taking......So those are All Black Jobs

Trump floats outrageous claim that Black Americans are ‘going to die’ because immigrants are taking their jobs

“The Black people are going to be decimated by the millions of people that are coming into the country,” he told Bloomberg in an interview published on July 16.

“There will never be a decimation like this, and they’re already feeling it,” he added. “Their wages have gone way down. Their jobs are being taken by the migrants coming in illegally into the country.”

His language then turned apocalyptic.

“The Black population in this country is going to die because of what’s happened, what’s going to happen to their jobs — their jobs, their housing, everything,” he said. “I want to stop that. … They’re taking everything.”

Trump told Bloomberg that his plan for “the Black population” includes stopping “20 million people from coming into the country that’ll work for one-third what they’re working for.”

“They’re all losing their jobs. It’s not a story yet, but it will be. Does that make sense to you?” he said. “It’s a terrible thing that’s happened, and they are affected more than anybody. And they know that I don’t want this to happen. They know because many of them lost jobs already. They know that I don’t want it to happen and Biden does want it to happen.”

Free speech and what not…..

It’s a horrible thing to say. I don’t know if she has used her Facebook as many teachers do in a way that could be considered official…. I don’t know the Ardmore code of conduct…. both of those can really change this conversation. I believe Ardmore itself should have some latitude as her employer either way….BUT

I don’t think a person should lose a govt issued professional license that is achieved by meeting criteria in that field based on a political statement however distasteful made in their personal capacity. That is a very slippery slope.
It's definitely a slippery slope when it comes to the license suspension.

Much less slippery and sloped when it comes to Ardmore Public Schools deciding they want to fire her, IMO.

Back