Tim Walz Harris VP Pick

I didn't get a postcard.

Sad Peanut Butter GIF by For Everest

He passed the largest tax cut in Minnesota history. He gave every public school child’s family a $2000-$4000 per year after tax raise per child. He hunts. He served in the National Guard. He passed a Family Medical leave act. He stands up to bullies. And he won a state championship. He’s a midwestern Lutheren. He’s the patriarch of a middle American nuclear family. He’s the most pro family candidate on either ticket. This guy is more conservative than Trump.

He passed the largest tax cut in Minnesota history. He gave every public school child’s family a $2000-$4000 per year after tax raise per child. He hunts. He served in the National Guard. He passed a Family Medical leave act. He stands up to bullies. And he won a state championship. He’s a midwestern Lutheren. He’s the patriarch of a middle American nuclear family. He’s the most pro family candidate on either ticket. This guy is more conservative than Trump.
I just listened to him. I want him as President.

Tim Walz:

"Some of us are old enough to remember when it was Republicans talking about freedom. It turns out now what they meant was the government should be free to invade your doctor's office. In Minnesota, we respect our neighbors and their personal choices that they make. Even if we wouldn't make the same choice for ourselves, there's a golden rule:

MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS!"

Must have been the right choice. The trumpkins around me are up in arms over this. It's pretty funny-they wanted Biden out and got their wish. They wanted Walz out and got their wish. Yet they are acting like the governor shot their dog.

Also as something worth watching-pretty soon there is going to be the "just another old white guy" trope from the right. The LT Governor is a female Native American and if Walz is VP would the first Native female governor in history. So when they talk about how it's just another white guy, well if you are paying attention there is more to it than that.

🇺🇸 Tim Walz has dedicated his life to serving this nation — in uniform, in the classroom, on the football field, in Congress, as governor, and now as our next vice president. We were proud to endorse him then, and we're still proud now.

Fwiw, Senator John McCain and Congressman Tim Walz partnered on almost every major piece of legislation that I ever worked on — including the Military Mental Health Review Board Improvement Act (2014), the Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans Act (2014), the Fairness for Veterans Act (2015), and the Forever GI Bill (2017). Their leadership, compassion, and commitment to bipartisan solutions have saved the lives of countless veterans.

Governor Tim Walz: "By the way, as you heard, I was one of the best shots in Congress. In Minnesota, we believe in the Second Amendment, but we also believe in commonsense gun violence laws

Back