tie breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at yourself. We have to read like 10 posts. None of them matter. You have to have the last word. Almost like you think ou won.
Again, all of this is very, very VERY cool. VERY.

But, any comment on what I said though- do you agree, disagree? do you think random peoples preferences matter or do the rules matter more?

"It doesnt matter what i prefer. it only matters what the agreed upon established tie breaker rules are and how they dictate the two teams to play in the ccg."

You've seen multiple people who viewed the rule differently...and for some reason teh big 12 didnt like that so they needed to correct it?

what business is it of the big 12s that someone cant read the rules correctly? not their problem. they determine who makes it to the ccg based on their own rules on the books. the fact that some random cant figure it out is irrelevant. they didnt clarify, they changed it because they saw that with the rules as as they were constituted would possibly have kept osu out of hte ccg despite beating two teams theyre tied with.
Sad Cry GIF

So everyone agreed to rules they dont understand. Cool.
I agree about people's assumptions- they are irrelevant, and would have been on the day the tie breakers were enacted. becasue the rules were already in place regardless of the fact that tom dick and harry couldnt figure it out. the big 12 had it figured it already with the schools who signed off on them
I've yet to see a report of any of the 14 ADs disputing the clarification. They are all high dollar smart folks that understand what they agreed to....even if folks on the internet don't.

Sounds like they should have done a better job the first time around and figured that it was pretty badly worded months ago. now 2 weeks before it's implemented

i'm for what's right too and what's right is agreed and established upon during the offseason, not in November when you realize someone might be screwed by those same rules that everyone agreed to.

So, nobody was confused when they drafted the tie breaker rules, nobody was confused all throughout the season until 2 weeks before they might have to be implemented. It's not false, it's literally a change to the established process in November, which is just past mid season

it took this long to figure out the established tie breaker rule "does not mean anything" ? so they just made it up and everyone signed off on it anyway? hmm. tough luck then. everyone agreed to it for a reason.

They could have just done that after the season concluded. other people's interpretations are irrelevant. it matters only what the conference says.

So everyone agreed to rules they dont understand. Cool.
I agree about people's assumptions- they are irrelevant, and would have been on the day the tie breakers were enacted. becasue the rules were already in place regardless of the fact that tom dick and harry couldnt figure it out. the big 12 had it figured it already with the schools who signed off on them
Sad Will Ferrell GIF

So, nobody was confused when they drafted the tie breaker rules, nobody was confused all throughout the season until 2 weeks before they might have to be implemented. It's not false, it's literally a change to the established process in November, which is just past mid season
I can’t speak for those who wrote it and voted to accept it. For fans, I assume very very few looked at the rules and thought of this exact scenario.

And please forgive me for stating “mid season”, the almighty MT.

No, they needed to clarify exactly what it meant in the current scenario due to how confused everyone was. If you wanna say they failed not having it spelled out exactly from the jump, then that 100% correct. But to say it’s a complete rule change mid season is false.
They all know this, but it’s impossible for them to say it because it would require intellectual honesty.

I've yet to see a report of any of the 14 ADs disputing the clarification. They are all high dollar smart folks that understand what they agreed to....even if folks on the internet don't.
I've yet to see a report of any of the 14 ADs requesting clarification. The same high dollar smart folks agreed to these rules previously, and they should already understand what they agreed to. in that case, who is the clarification for?

I can’t speak for those who wrote it and voted to accept it. For fans, I assume very very few looked at the rules and thought of this exact scenario.

And please forgive me for stating “mid season”, the almighty MT.
I was covering myself incase you were accusing me of being incorrect about how i said they changed the rule mid season, when it was in fact a late season change.

Cool, but any comments on what I said? lets talk it out.
Yeah….here’s my comment.

You’re wrong.

”Talking it out” beyond that is a waste of my time, and only serves to give you what you so desperately crave….attention.

I’m not going to convince you that you’re wrong.

You’re not going to convince me you’re right.

So there is absolutely no point in actively engaging with you.

Besides watching you flail about and mocking that flailing is more entertaining to me than actually dealing with your attention whoring.

Yeah….here’s my comment.

You’re wrong.

”Talking it out” beyond that is a waste of my time, and only serves to give you what you so desperately crave….attention.

I’m not going to convince you that you’re wrong.

You’re not going to convince me you’re right.

So there is absolutely no point in actively engaging with you.

Besides watching you flail about and mocking that flailing is more entertaining to me than actually dealing with your attention whoring.
You're wrong

This is perfectly acceptable, during the off season only. not when we are 2 weeks away from implementing tie breakers after realizing, "oops a team who beat two others might lose a tie breaker to them"

That is ridiculous flawed logic. If something is obviously wrong, it should be corrected, or clarified as soon as it can be, regardless of when that is. If it was one day before it would be better to correct it than to have some misplaced sense of proper timing that caused the conference to allow a flawed Rule to adversely and unfairly affect the outcome of a season. You act like it would make some sort of difference in how hard the teams played. It has no bearing on games or a team’s performance other than to correct an egregious wrong before allowing it to happen and cause an unjust outcome. Stop crying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back