tie breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Articulated it for who? the member schools were already aware and agreed to the tie breaker rules.
For those making a big deal of it. Not only were member schools aware, but so was the media and anyone who read the guidelines beforehand, which is the blame goes to even those complaining. They could have gone to the Big 12 site to read the guidelines before now. Much ado about nothing.

but im right
unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

I've yet to see a report of any of the 14 ADs requesting clarification. The same high dollar smart folks agreed to these rules previously, and they should already understand what they agreed to. in that case, who is the clarification for?

Still not one report of one AD saying anything to the contrary of what we are all saying on here.

BTWs the Clarification was for people like yourself. It was obviously needed.

View attachment 2352
We are going to get screwed aren’t we?
Or we could just not lose 45-3 to the 13th placed Big 12 team aka a terrible football team. Here's the one thing that keeps OSU and Mike Gundy from receiving national recognition:

One week we play like we can beat anyone in the country. See: OU.

The next week we play like we're the worst team in all of college football. See: UCF.

This happens every year. And it's the one thing that keeps us away from the national spotlight that we otherwise rightfully deserve... if not for the rollercoaster of games every year.

For those making a big deal of it. Not only were member schools aware, but so was the media and anyone who read the guidelines beforehand, which is the blame goes to even those complaining. They could have gone to the Big 12 site to read the guidelines before now. Much ado about nothing.
Yeah, so there was no functional reason to reinterpret the rules. they were published on the website for all to read. then we could have found out at the conclusion of the season just what 2 teams make it in.

Still not one report of one AD saying anything to the contrary of what we are all saying on here.

BTWs the Clarification was for people like yourself. It was obviously needed.
why would i need clarification? i dont have anything to do with the team. what i think doesnt matter. the big 12 isnt going to make public statements about theier tie breaker rule just to appease f78ckin fans. lol, give me a break. they arent beholden to fans.

There's also no evidence a single AD requested clarification or needed it.

why would i need clarification? i dont have anything to do with the team. what i think doesnt matter. the big 12 isnt going to make public statements about theier tie breaker rule just to appease f78ckin fans. lol, give me a break. they arent beholden to fans.

Did it ever occur to you that the ADs met with Yormark on a conference call and then the statement was made for the benefit of fans and media in the spirit of transparency?

Sorry dude, when folks in the media are spouting off incorrect interpretations, an organization like the Big 12 is going to clarify. Hell, conferences clarify their stances on single play calls in games. They absolutely answer to the concerns of the fans.

My thoughts on the State of OSU football after the rough loss Saturday, and what to look forward to moving forward.

Link

They reinterpreted it when they saw that osu would have been screwed over by kansas state based on how it was worded.
This is what the first criteria says.
1. Head-to-head (best cumulative win percentage in games among the tied teams). If not, every tied team has played each other, go to step 2.

It does not say “If every tied team has not played each other, go to step 2.”

This is my thought. The second sentence of #1 is poorly worded. In my opinion it reads,
Head-to-head (best cumulative win percentage in games among the tied teams). If not, then every tied team has played each other and their percentages are the same, then go to step 2.

How would this be any different from previouslly posted?
So no, they did not change anything.

Sorry dude, when folks in the media are spouting off incorrect interpretations, an organization like the Big 12 is going to clarify. Hell, conferences clarify their stances on single play calls in games. They absolutely answer to the concerns of the fans.
That rings a bell fairly recently.
A non-PI call, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back