Supreme Court decisions

from my post: "I could do this all day"
I could, but I'm not...we will never see eye to eye on this issue...I stand by my "interpretation" stance...you and I can interpret many things in the bible differently, and probably do...good day...
Let's not forget that the language you and he are interpreting has ALREADY BEEN translated to the English that you are both reading.....and translation from ancient languages to English involves a HUGE amount of interpretation itself.

You're both interpreting language that has been interpreted already in more ways than one.

Let's not forget that the language you and he are interpreting has ALREADY BEEN translated to the English that you are both reading.....and translation from ancient languages to English involves a HUGE amount of interpretation itself.

You're both interpreting language that has been interpreted already in more ways than one
You clearly provided your own interpretation.

LOL.
Enlighten us. How do you "interpret" the scripture as it pertains to homosexuality and same sex marriage?

LOL. Didn't think so.

You're both interpreting language that has been interpreted already in more ways than one.
For some reason the modern interpretation of “Love one another” may be frightening

Enlighten us. How do you "interpret" the scripture as it pertains to homosexuality and same sex marriage?

LOL. Didn't think so.
Your response is so incredibly stupid that it makes me think you don't understand the meaning of the word "interpret".

So here you go.

I'm not arguing with you about whether or not your interpretation of the scripture is correct.

Arguing with you is a fool's errand. It's playing chess with a pigeon. It's not a worthwhile endeavor.

I mocking your claim that it's not even up for interpretation.....when you've received more than one interpretation already and you yourself are interpreting "scripture" that has itself been interpreted through translation from the original language.

Here is a good place to start.

In Leviticus 18.22 it says that it is an abomination for a man to lie with another man as with a woman. In Lev. 20.13 the death penalty is prescribed in Israel for such an act, along with adultery, incest, and bestiality. Now sometimes homosexual advocates make light of these prohibitions by comparing them to prohibitions in the Old Testament against having contact with unclean animals like pigs. Just as Christians today don’t obey all of the Old Testament ceremonial laws, so, they say, we don’t have to obey the prohibitions of homosexual actions. But the problem with this argument is that the New Testament reaffirms the validity of the Old Testament prohibitions of homosexual behavior, as we’ll see below. This shows they were not just part of the ceremonial laws of the Old Testament, which were done away with, but were part of God’s everlasting moral law. Homosexual behavior is in God’s sight a serious sin. The third place where homosexual acts are mentioned in the Old Testament is the horrifying story in Genesis 19 of the attempted gang rape of Lot’s visitors by the men of Sodom, from which our word sodomy derives. God destroyed the city of Sodom because of their wickedness.

Now if this weren’t enough, the New Testament also forbids homosexual behavior. In I Cor. 6.9-10 Paul writes, “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the Kingdom of God.” The words in the list translated “men who practice homosexuality” refer in Greek literature to the passive and the active partners in male homosexual intercourse. (As I said, the Bible is very realistic!) The second of these two words is also listed in I Tim. 1.10 along with fornicators, slave traders, liars, and murderers as “contrary to the sound teaching of the Gospel.” The most lengthy treatment of homosexual activity comes in Romans 1.24-28. Here Paul talks about how people have turned away from the Creator God and begun to worship instead false gods of their own making. He says,

LOL. Didn't think so.
Notice how gay marriage isnt mentioned anywhere?

Furthermore, there is no consistent biblical sex ethic. Sibling marriages, polygamy, having concubines and even adultery is ok (depending on the marital status of the woman) and not ok in other passages. Its evolution aligns pretty closely with whatever the prevailing attitudes were at their time--namely from whoever held the power. Most of the time, that was not the israelites/jews.

LOL. Didn't think so.
The things we choose to take away from the Bible say more about us than they do about the Bible. If you choose to focus on the parts that you think allow you to discriminate against others, rather than the parts that say to love and forgive them, that's on you.

IMO There are eye for an eye Christians and love thy neighbor as thy self Christians. There are the Ten Commandments and the sermon on the mount. Although faith without works is void, we’re saved by grace. I would much rather be judged under grace than the 10 commandments. Christ acted out of obedience and love. HE told them that it was better that he go so that HE would send the Comforter which knows us better than we know ourselves. Christ gave his life for us, without HIM we couldn’t experience HIS love.
So, if either of you truly know HIS voice then I’d suggest you ask our Heavenly Father in Jesus’s name and patiently wait for an answer. The answer may surprise you.

Last edited:
Notice how gay marriage isnt mentioned anywhere?

Furthermore, there is no consistent biblical sex ethic. Sibling marriages, polygamy, having concubines and even adultery is ok (depending on the marital status of the woman) and not ok in other passages. Its evolution aligns pretty closely with whatever the prevailing attitudes were at their time--namely from whoever held the power. Most of the time, that was not the israelites/jews.
From the link you obviously didn't read:

Someone might say that if God intended sex for marriage, then just ratify same sex marriage and then those who engage in such activity would not be committing adultery! But this suggestion seriously misunderstands God’s intention for marriage. The creation story in Genesis tells of how God made woman as a suitable mate for man, his perfect, God-given complement. Then it says, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his wife and they shall become one flesh.” This is God’s pattern for marriage, and in the New Testament Paul quotes this very passage and then says, “This is a great mystery and I am applying it to Christ and the church” (Eph. 5.32). Paul says that the union between a man and his wife is a living symbol of the unity of Christ with his people, the Church. When we think about this, we can see what a terrible sacrilege, what a mockery of God’s plan, a homosexual union is. It flies in the face of God’s intention for humanity from the moment of creation.

The above also shows how frivolous it is when some homosexual advocates say, “Jesus never condemned homosexual behavior, so why should we?” Jesus did not specifically mention many things which we know to be wrong, like bestiality or torture, but that doesn’t mean he approved of them. What Jesus does do is quote from Genesis to affirm God’s pattern for marriage as the basis for his own teaching on divorce. In Mark 10.6-8, He says, “From the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and the two shall become one flesh. Consequently, they are no longer two, but one flesh.” For two men to become one flesh in homosexual intercourse would be a violation of God’s created order and intent. He created man and woman to be indissolubly united in marriage, not two men or two women.

But wait....according to gogetem....it's clearly not up for interpretation at all.....yet here we are with a very cogent and clear interpretation.

Weird.
Again, if it is up for interpretation, what is your interpretation? Do you have an opinion or do you want to continue to pound away at semantics? Is there a scripture in the bible that says that homosexuality is not a sin?

The things we choose to take away from the Bible say more about us than they do about the Bible. If you choose to focus on the parts that you think allow you to discriminate against others, rather than the parts that say to love and forgive them, that's on you.
I both love and forgive homosexuals. I just don't choose to celebrate their sin . Big difference.

Most people tend to prioritize sins they don’t commit high up on the list, one’s they do regularly bottom of the list. Please prioritize sin in terms of which ones simply can’t be washed away through the blood of Christ?

Most people tend to prioritize sins they don’t commit high up on the list, one’s they do regularly bottom of the list. Please prioritize sin in terms of which ones simply can’t be washed away through the blood of Christ?
Easy. All sin can be washed away through the blood of Christ. The argument from the gay movement is that homosexuality is not a sin at all.

Again, if it is up for interpretation, what is your interpretation? Do you have an opinion or do you want to continue to pound away at semantics? Is there a scripture in the bible that says that homosexuality is not a sin?
Again....

I'm not arguing with you about whether or not your interpretation of the scripture is correct.

Arguing with you is a fool's errand. It's playing chess with a pigeon. It's not a worthwhile endeavor.

But my interpretation runs pretty closely in line with Dan McClellan's quoted in this thread.

Then throw in the understanding that you're quoting your preferred translation of "scripture" which not all expert linguists agree is correct along with a firm belief that "scripture" has no proper place in public policy and legal rulings. We are not a theocracy.

Last edited:
Easy. All sin can be washed away through the blood of Christ. The argument from the gay movement is that homosexuality is not a sin at all.
Have you removed the beam from your own eye so that you might see more clearly the removal of the mote from your brother’s eye?

Again....

But my interpretation runs pretty closely in line with Dan McClellan's quoted in this thread.

Then throw in the understanding that you're quoting your preferred translation of "scripture" which not all expert linguists agree is correct along with a firm belief that "scripture" has no proper place in public policy and legal rulings. We are not a theocracy.
Let's make it easy. Is homosexuality a sin or not?

LOL. Sure it does :ROFLMAO:

Thus proving exactly what I said.

Arguing with you is a fool's errand.

It's playing chess with a pigeon.

It's not a worthwhile endeavor.

Stay gold, PigeonBoy....stay gold.
pigeon GIF

Back