Supreme Court

Lol. I haven't exactly been bashful about stating my opinion. You asked if I thought the bigger risk to the republic would come from the left or the right and I clearly stated that I thought it was "even money at this point". What exactly is so hard for you to understand about that? You seem convinced that the threat to republic is coming from the right. I'm convinced that its coming from the fringes of both sides. No side stepping to it.
Did you edit as I responded? I didn't see that line. Sorry.

I fully disagree as the looney left has made no high-level attempt at all to change our government. But, you are entitled to that opinion.

What do the Dems actually believe?
Well the Supreme Court just gave Presidents absolutely immunity from prosecution for anything they do as long as it's an "official act", placing Presidents even more above the law than they already are. We have a Democrat President, Republicans watching from the outside and Democrats are the ones saying this is wrong no one should have this much power. If that tells you anything.

Complete utter BS. Show me one post that I've made on Project 2025. I haven't even read it and truthfully don't even know what's in it.
I never said you...I pointed out that people in an extremist far right propaganda bubble are this way

Sorry you felt I was specifically speaking about you....I think the other poster was talking about u though

Well the Supreme Court just gave Presidents absolutely immunity from prosecution for anything they do as long as it's an "official act", placing Presidents even more above the law than they already are. We have a Democrat President, Republicans watching from the outside and Democrats are the ones saying this is wrong no one should have this much power. If that tells you anything.
So you don't know what they really believe either? Serious question: Do you think Obama should have been prosecuted for droning American citizens?

If congress had not passed the AUMF and the citizen was not acting as a combatant in the conflict covered by the AUMF then yes.
What about the 3 that he droned by accident. To take it further... should the parents of children slain by illegal aliens be able to prosecute the POTUS that allowed the illegal into the country?

What about the 3 that he droned by accident. To take it further... should the parents of children slain by illegal aliens be able to prosecute the POTUS that allowed the illegal into the country?

The ones he was not aware of would be even lower on my concern list. You think an American ciitizen in a war zone acting against America's interests should be protected by prosecuting a president for accidentally killing them along with combatants? Back when I was a republican, we used to make "personal responsibility" arguments against the libs wanting the government to protect us against everything. I guess I consider a foreign terrorist encampment as not a "safe space" like MAGA.

Sure, let's start prosecuting government officials for someone breaking a law that is tied to policy decisions. Which means that we will prosecute the SCOTUS justices for the murders that are going to happen 18 or so years from now after the abortion ban.
https://www.economist.com/by-invita...-defend-a-finding-made-famous-by-freakonomics

let me get this straight. Someone commits a CRIME by coming here Illegally, then they commit yet another crime after they have come here illegally and you want to hold the President of the United States responsible for that crime the illegal Immigrant committed? What ever happened to Self Responsibility ?? You're litterally calling for a NANNY state

HINT...if someone else commits a CRIME and breaks into a Warehouse, then after that they commit another CRIME and steal everything in the Warehouse....you don't have to give the Manager of the WAREHOUSE IMMUNITY to not be prosecuted

The ones he was not aware of would be even lower on my concern list. You think an American ciitizen in a war zone acting against America's interests should be protected by prosecuting a president for accidentally killing them along with combatants? Back when I was a republican, we used to make "personal responsibility" arguments against the libs wanting the government to protect us against everything. I guess I consider a foreign terrorist encampment as not a "safe space" like MAGA.

Sure, let's start prosecuting government officials for someone breaking a law that is tied to policy decisions. Which means that we will prosecute the SCOTUS justices for the murders that are going to happen 18 or so years from now after the abortion ban.
https://www.economist.com/by-invita...-defend-a-finding-made-famous-by-freakonomics
I'm trying to make the point that there absolutely has to be at least some sort of presidential immunity. I don't think Obama should be prosecuted and I also don't think Biden should be when the acts are in their official capacity. And yes sorry, that goes for Trump too. Without it every decision becomes even more complicated.

I'm trying to make the point that there absolutely has to be at least some sort of presidential immunity. I don't think Obama should be prosecuted and I also don't think Biden should be when the acts are in their official capacity. And yes sorry, that goes for Trump too. Without it every decision becomes even more complicated.
Give me an example. ANY example in AMERICAN HISTORY where the POTUS WASN'T Already given presidential immunity for an official Act ?

the simple fact is that POTUS ALREADY had this and official acts were ALWAYS overlooked.

Then Trump come in and did some "UNOFFICIAL" Acts and is trying to cover his ass by starting all this crap.

the simple fact is that POTUS has ALWAYS been granted immunity for OFFICIAL Acts throughout all of American History ....Trump just wants to paint a Grey area into it and be able to DEFINE his OWN playing space for immunity...

Well they gave POTUS immunity on all official acts...recordings of Biden's testimony are thus official acts and GOP contempt charges against Merrick Garland are no longer valid as Biden is immune

The House Contempt Suit Against Garland Ironically Falls Prey To The Court’s Absolute Immunity

Back