ryan walters

A number of Republicans insist that most of our laws in this country are founded on the Ten Commandments. In that case, does Walters want to teach how it was a serious crime to have idols in your home, such as that of Buddha? But I don't ever remember learning that it used to be a crime to do that in America. Did business owners used to go to prison for opening on Sunday? Did famous or infamous people, like Trump, used to have to go to prison for cheating on their spouses? Did American kids used to have to go to reform school or prison or even worse for cussing out their parents? After all, the bible says, "'Whoever curses his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:17)"

When was there an American historical law banning coveting? In human history, laws against murder and stealing came well before the Ten Commandments were issued. But I reckon Walters doesn't want to worry about teachers going that far back in history even though the bible says, "Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.” Abraham came hundreds of years before Moses.

So, let the churches worry about teaching American history behind the Ten Commandments, if they so desire. If the Ten Commandments aren't posted in some church that's fine by me as long as the pastor isn't demanding that the Ten Commandments are posted in all public schools. In that case there is just too much outright crass hypocrisy to accept.

Anyway, Oklahoma public schools need to focus better on reading, writing, arithmetic and science. Rankings show they sure need to.

Last edited:

"Teach the facts. We’re not asking teachers to come in and preach from the Bible," Walters said. "We’re saying, 'Look, historically, if Thomas Jefferson references as he does in the Declaration that there’s rights that come from your creator, then what did he mean by that?"

I really hope that the teachers of Oklahoma use this guidance to troll that idiot. That is what I would do.

For example: "Students, let's look at the two quotes below from Thomas Jefferson and answer the following questions:
1. What did he mean by "Nature's God" and why would he choose that specific term?
2. Why did he say "their creator" and personalize it to each person? Shouldn't he say "the creator" if he felt that there was only one God that all should follow?
3. Why would he say to question even the existence of a god?" How does that affect your thinking on question 1 and 2? What "blindfolded fear" is he talking about?

In Congress, July 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

---and---

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

"Teach the facts. We’re not asking teachers to come in and preach from the Bible," Walters said. "We’re saying, 'Look, historically, if Thomas Jefferson references as he does in the Declaration that there’s rights that come from your creator, then what did he mean by that?"

I really hope that the teachers of Oklahoma use this guidance to troll that idiot. That is what I would do.

For example: "Students, let's look at the two quotes below from Thomas Jefferson and answer the following questions:
1. What did he mean by "Nature's God" and why would he choose that specific term?
2. Why did he say "their creator" and personalize it to each person? Shouldn't he say "the creator" if he felt that there was only one God that all should follow?
3. Why would he say to question even the existence of a god?" How does that affect your thinking on question 1 and 2? What "blindfolded fear" is he talking about?

In Congress, July 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

---and---

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

And if they are forced to teach god's role in the creation of the US then that opens the door to critical race theory, which the right hates. How can all men be created equal when the US has race based slavery?

And if they are forced to teach god's role in the creation of the US then that opens the door to critical race theory, which the right hates. How can all men be created equal when the US has race based slavery?
....shhhhh. Those are not the droids you're looking for. /s

Rob Miller is the Superintendent of Bixby Public Schools. Retired Marine, friend, former hoops player with me, and there are very few people in the world I respect more than him. Fair, tough, but someone you want teaching your child’s classroom or leading your school district.
Rob posts more political stuff on his blog than I would…and on many occasions I don’t agree with him. But he has my respect and often I learn from him. Plus I am interested in public education and he is unquestionably an expert.

On this topic he doesn’t need to persuade me..he is spot on.

While God is mentioned three times, it seems someone needs to tell Walters that the bible is not referenced to in the Mayflower Compact. A teacher doesn't need to open a bible to teach how the interesting story of the Mayflower Compact came about.

Speaking of the Mayflower, none of my ancestors came over on that historical ship. Instead, one of them was a Scotsman who in 1609 came over on a support ship and joined the original Jamestown setters that had arrived in 1607. He probably met Pocahantas.

Last edited:
how much $$ is ryan costing our state?? misuses of funds, declining federal money, covid funds mishandled, upcoming lawsuits like this one, etc.

Oklahoma State Department of Education's mandate to teach the Bible met with legal challenges koco

A lawsuit has been filed arguing that the Oklahoma State Department of Education's directive to include Bibles in classrooms is unconstitutional, with more legal challenges expected
We ought to be used to paying for and losing unconstitutional lawsuits by now. We live under total Republican control . Each year losing millions in frivolous lawsuits that everyone knows is unconstitutional, yet they buy votes with the base with our state tax money. Now if they are sent to our partisan Supreme Court they can expect to win. Get ready for a flood of lawsuits pushing White Nationalism, and taking away hard earned rights.

Please tell me this isn’t real. 🤦‍♂️

I hate impeachments, but it is time to pull this guy.
100% real

You can download it for yourself directly from their website

Back