ryan walters

❗️Showdown over Board of Ed executive sessions.
Oklahoma Attorney General Gentner Drummond doubles down on allowing lawmakers in, saying "Today’s formal opinion leaves no room for argument and removes any excuse for noncompliance." Meanwhile, the BOE is set to discuss filing a court petition to keep them out at tomorrow's meeting.

I thought the school thinks flying any flag like that on your vehicle blocks vision. It's not as safe to drive. I wonder if state law says anything about it.

Ryan Walters says guidelines are coming after student couldn't fly American flag from pickup koco

On Monday, members of the community put American flags on their cars, trucks and motorcycles and circled Edmond North High School in support of the student.

OKLAHOMA CITY —
State Superintendent Ryan Walters says the Oklahoma State Department of Education is working on guidelines for schools after an Edmond student was told he couldn't fly an American flag from his pickup truck.

Walters, who said after the controversy surfaced last week that he was going to investigate Edmond Public Schools, said students should be allowed to fly the American flag on their cars.

"No school in Oklahoma should tell students they can't wave an American flag. We've had Americans die for that flag, die for students to have the right to carry the flag, to wave the flag, to be proud of that American flag," Walters said in a video posted to the social media platform X. "My department right now is working on guidelines that we will be issuing to districts to ensure that no student is ever targeted for having an American flag and also that our schools will promote patriotism."

Last week, an Edmond North High School student said a teacher told him to remove an American flag from the back of his truck.

Edmond Public Schools said it's a practice for students not to fly any flags on campus, but it's not a policy. Officials said the practice is in place to avoid distractions and disruptions and because flags can cause safety issues in the parking lot.

On Monday, members of the community put American flags on their cars, trucks and motorcycles and circled Edmond North High School in support of the student.

"If it’s the flag today, what is it tomorrow?" Lynn McNeely, a parent of an Edmond North student, said. "It’s not a protest. It’s not political. It’s not about red. It’s not about blue. It’s about red, white and blue. So, where do we draw the line?"

In a statement to News 9, a spoke person for Walters says:

"Rabble at the Capitol provided another example that the left has become the party of Gender, Queer, Flamer, and hatred."
They later said Walters will never back down to the left-wing mob that controls the Democrats.

He called their complaints "Fan Fiction" and is now having to eat his words

"Dramatic" increase in student scores on standardized tests in Oklahoma because Walters OSDE CHANGED the reporting on them WITHOUT NOTIFYING the Public and then tried to pass it off as score improvements because of Ryan Walters Policies

OKLAHOMA CITY — Despite calling media reports on the topic “fan fiction,” Oklahoma’s top education official acknowledged the state’s student assessment process changed significantly without any announcement informing the public.

State Superintendent Ryan Walters said Thursday that Oklahoma’s scoring data and annual tests are now “very different.” He said there has been no public announcement because his administration is busy explaining the new results to school districts.

However, several school leaders told Oklahoma Voice they received their test scores from the state Department of Education with no notice that there were material changes to scoring.

State test results were released to schools, families and the public this month with the appearance of dramatic improvements in student proficiency.

However, public records Oklahoma Voice obtained show the cause of spiking scores was not better school performance, but rather a result of the state lowering the bar for students to receive a proficient score on English and math tests.

Had the state not changed its scoring methods, test results would have been similar or slightly lower than student performance in 2023, according to internal data analysis from the state Education Department, which Oklahoma Voice obtained from a source involved in the assessment process.

Walters said his administration intends to give clarity to educators and parents.

I hate Faux patriots.
23yp2h.gif

Ryan Walters issues guidelines for 'patriotic displays' at Oklahoma schools koco

This dude seems to be clueless about this situation and about how schools already fly American flag(s), recite the pledge, and relay their policy on flags in regards to students. Sigh…
I would have to say that "respectful presentation of the flag, ensuring it is treated with the honor it deserves" does not include hanging off the back of a pickup truck...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I would have to say that "respectful presentation of the flag, ensuring it is treated with the honor it deserves" does not include hanging off the back of a pickup truck...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Agreed. I've always hated the US flags being flown from cars. It follows none of the guidance on how to treat the flag (out in weather unlit and unprotected, often frayed, faded and dirty) and just seems extremely disrespectful to me. Fake patriotism to me.

Last edited:
Back