ryan walters

Here is State Speaker McCall's canned response to people concerned about Walters:

"Thank you for reaching out. I understand your concerns and understand the frustration with the current state of OSDE. With that being said, there are very specific provisions in the Oklahoma Constitution regarding impeachment, and none of Superintendent Walters’ actions have risen to that level as of yet. He is a duly elected statewide official, and absent criminal activity, the mechanism for placing, or replacing, elected officials is elections.

While there may be allegations that the superintendent could have potentially broken Oklahoma law, the legislature has no jurisdiction and does not conduct criminal investigations. Any such investigation would be a matter for the Attorney General to investigate and charge if applicable. In the event of a conviction, then the Legislature could possibly act. Based on recent news accounts it does appear that the Attorney General is aware of the allegations and may be investigating.

Rest assured that the Legislature is keenly aware of the situation, remains vigilant and are executing our policy duties in favor of the citizens and students of Oklahoma. Thank you again for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Charles A. McCall

Speaker of the House of Representatives

District 22 - Atoka, Coal, Johnston, Murray

(405)-557-7412 Capitol

Here is what the Oklahoma Constitution says about impeachment. It does not appear to be limited to engaging in criminal activity and helps explain why an investigation of Walters is necessary. It's getting to be around 40% of legislators, including Democrats, who support it.

"The Governor and other elective state officers, including the Justices of the Supreme Court, shall be liable and subject to impeachment for willful neglect of duty, corruption in office, habitual drunkeness, incompetency, or any offense involving moral turpitude committed while in office.:
Reply to his response with that section of the OK constitution, then ask where it says criminal conviction is required.

Bixby Super is suing Walters for defamation. I'm no legal expert but because this suit is towards Walters personally does that mean that any $ is how own personal expense? This doesn't fall on taxpayers, does it?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
It's a little complicated.

Lawsuit language says that she is suing him individually and in his personal capacity. In his personal capacity, the State would not be forced to provide him a defense or pay any judgment. If she had sued him in his "official capacity" then the State would be on the hook for a defense and at least part of the judgment (up to the State liability limits in the Oklahoma Governmental tort claims act.

He may argue that he was acting in his official capacity and that the State is therefore on the hook for both a defense and any judgment. There are other reasons he would want to argue that it is in his official capacity as well (for instance....there are procedural requirements under the Oklahoma Governmental Tort Claims Act and several immunity issues available to the State). The State would then have to resolve that issue one way or the other. Hell, he may just pay for his defense from the appropriations of his Department (that would be a big no, no, but he is who he is).

It's a little complicated.

Lawsuit language says that she is suing him individually and in his personal capacity. In his personal capacity, the State would not be forced to provide him a defense or pay any judgment. If she had sued him in his "official capacity" then the State would be on the hook for a defense and at least part of the judgment (up to the State liability limits in the Oklahoma Governmental tort claims act.

He may argue that he was acting in his official capacity and that the State is therefore on the hook for both a defense and any judgment. There are other reasons he would want to argue that it is in his official capacity as well (for instance....there are procedural requirements under the Oklahoma Governmental Tort Claims Act and several immunity issues available to the State). The State would then have to resolve that issue one way or the other. Hell, he may just pay for his defense from the appropriations of his Department (that would be a big no, no, but he is who he is).
I guess the question was kind of foolish given his obvious knack for doing what he wants to do regardless of if it's actually allowed. Lol. I don't at all see him not at least trying to make the "official" arguments you mentioned.

Hell, he may just pay for his defense from the appropriations of his Department (that would be a big no, no, but he is who he is).
if he's charged as a person vice position and uses dept funds wouldn't that be embezzlement (give funds for personal use) or am I misunderstanding that.

Was watching the Book of Eli again, and it dawned on me that Ryan Walters probably believes he’s some version of Eli. Protecting the Word from crazed and desperate librarians, teachers, and administrators. Believing he’s in a post apocalyptic world, and only he can save us from ourselves. This boy longs to be Trump’s mini me, and auditions weekly🤮 What a pathetic clown. 🤡

if he's charged as a person vice position and uses dept funds wouldn't that be embezzlement (give funds for personal use) or am I misunderstanding that.
Yes. IMO, if he paid for his defense from "company funds" (if you will) for a suit against him in his personal capacity without authorization, that would likely be embezzlement. I wouldn't put it past him to do something like declaring for himself that it's an "official capacity" lawsuit and doing something like that though.

❗️JUST IN- The Legislative Office of Fiscal Transparency will now investigate OSDE spending under Superintendent Ryan Walters.
Rep. Kevin Wallace says they will conduct a "thorough, transparent investigation to provide answers to my fellow legislators and the citizens of Oklahoma."
OKLAED

1000002813.png

❗️JUST IN- The Legislative Office of Fiscal Transparency will now investigate OSDE spending under Superintendent Ryan Walters.
Rep. Kevin Wallace says they will conduct a "thorough, transparent investigation to provide answers to my fellow legislators and the citizens of Oklahoma."
OKLAED

View attachment 6500
So this is kinda ballsy by Wallace. He’s locked in an uphill battle just to retain his seat in an 8/27 runoff. This has to make Walters more than a little nervous bc there is less than zero chance Wallace comes out like this 2 weekend to runoff unless his very red district is telling him to get Walters.

Sounds to me someone is skeered of being investigated and wants to rush the impeachment process before they can expose all the facts...

I think he WANTS to be impeached so he can be ready and available for Trump's transition team in January should Trump win .... Walter's current term is up in 2027...but Trump has already stated this WEEK he wants to get rid of the DOE Federally and Walters has more than once publicly told Trump he wants to lead that

Pretty sure his entire Oklahoma run was a project 2025 audition to see if he would be the right guy to lead a national destruction of the DOE.....he spent his time here in a project 2025 proving ground state and showed exactly how easily he could wreck a system while gathering support from Trump voters in doing so. I think he passed...today Trump announced the leaders of his presidential transition team (Led by Vince McMahon Wife) and they are now getting ready and planning ......Walters starts pushing or his own impeachment same day......I think it is connected

Sounds to me someone is skeered of being investigated and wants to rush the impeachment process before they can expose all the facts...

That's how it reads to me, this a hole needs to seriously be held accountable, then needs to have his a$$ beat to a pulp. A truly deplorable human being who is doing everything in his power to make people of this state look more stupid and hateful that we already are perceived.

That's how it reads to me, this a hole needs to seriously be held accountable, then needs to have his a$$ beat to a pulp. A truly deplorable human being who is doing everything in his power to make people of this state look more stupid and hateful that we already are perceived.
I 100% believe this is about trying to avoid being investigated. He knows investigations will find things that WILL get him impeached. He's trying to rush the process to give him a better chance of impeachment failing. McBride didn't call for impeachment, it called for investigation.

And I saw another quote that he said this is a political attack by McCall?? The guy that's blocking investigations from starting is doing so to attack you?...

All at the expense of our children. I don't know a single person that is happy with what he has done, or not done, and the manner in which he conducts himself. I hope that says more about the people I choose to associate with than it does about the generalized state of mind with my fellow Oklahomans.

All at the expense of our children. I don't know a single person that is happy with what he has done, or not done, and the manner in which he conducts himself. I hope that says more about the people I choose to associate with than it does about the generalized state of mind with my fellow Oklahomans.
I still hear a lot of excuse making, just like with trump. "I'm not a big fan of his approach, but at least he's standing up for our values." Blah blah blah, I think he'd be fine being impeached so he can play the victim complex and become the secretary of maga education if his orange god were to win his election.

When asked if he was planning to run for governor in 2026, Walters said he was “absolutely not.”

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

When asked if he was planning to run for governor in 2026, Walters said he was “absolutely not.”

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF
Ryan Walters makes bombshell announcement. Walters held a news conference outside the state house, and he said that Speaker McCall might as well get the impeachment proceedings over with by starting them Monday. McCall says he won't do it. According to Walters, it all has to with McBride wanting to run for governor in 2026. KFOR commentator Turpin says he doesn't know who's been advising Walters, but it's political suicide to provoke McBride like that. Walters is trying to play the victim. Just more making and throwing chaos, rather than serious governing.

Last edited:
Back