Props to Ollie Gordon

His size and style remind me of LaVeon Bell.
He is big, makes strong cuts, rarely gets taken down by first defender, falls forward to gain an extra yard in each carry …and patient.
Another great comparison. Bottom line, the kid is special. If he stays healthy and continues to improve, I can see him having a successful career at the next level.

This is an area in which my interest in CFB might just wane even further. My buddies and I were going nuts for Ollie, then realized there's a 50-50 chance he won't be a Cowboy next year after the bluebloods plop a bunch of money on the table. We can't win a bidding war and probably shouldn't try. Hope he truly loves OSU and is willing to take what we can offer and turn down others. But I can't say with any degree of certainty that I'd turn down more money in that situation or tell my kid to also.

Ollie is special. His combinations of size, strength and agility is really good. His vision is getting better each game. I’ve said this all year, he’s an NFL RB.
He reminds me a lot of Chris Carson for an obvious OSU comparison, and he fared really well in the NFL had injuries not plagued him. I think Ollie is more shifty and an even better receiver. He looks like a solid, all-around back that could be elite if he has above average speed and/or lands in the right situation. A lot of our past RBs have been great producers, but not 3-down workhorse backs due to their size. Ollie won't have that problem.

This is an area in which my interest in CFB might just wane even further. My buddies and I were going nuts for Ollie, then realized there's a 50-50 chance he won't be a Cowboy next year after the bluebloods plop a bunch of money on the table. We can't win a bidding war and probably shouldn't try. Hope he truly loves OSU and is willing to take what we can offer and turn down others. But I can't say with any degree of certainty that I'd turn down more money in that situation or tell my kid to also.
Why don't we cross that bridge when we get to it? College sports is without doubt becoming a season to season thing so just root for the team in the moment?
Joe Biden Oops GIF by The Democrats

That’s why we need to just live with n the moment. No guarantees about tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back