Reminiscing on Barry Sanders

Please.

Thurman is an NFL & College HOF player. People apparently forget just how good he was. That’s crap, they’re both great players, Barry was just two years behind one of the best backs in CFP at the time.

Would you like to talk about Gundy & Tyreek Hill too?
You are justifying staying with the older play because he’s been there longer. That argument has left lots of really talented players on the bench for no reason.

Gundy screwed the pooch with Tyreek and Rudolph should have been throwing to him much earlier.

You are justifying staying with the older play because he’s been there longer. That argument has left lots of really talented players on the bench for no reason.

Gundy screwed the pooch with Tyreek and Rudolph should have been throwing to him much earlier.
I’m saying that you’re using revisionist history.

You’re suggesting replacing, again, an NFL & college HOF player was an obvious decision.

I’m saying that you’re using revisionist history.

You’re suggesting replacing, again, an NFL & college HOF player was an obvious decision.
It was, all you had to do was watch. The first time I saw Sanders play it was painfully obvious. Thurman was a great back but he didn’t have the wiggle

It was, all you had to do was watch. The first time I saw Sanders play it was painfully obvious. Thurman was a great back but he didn’t have the wiggle
Like I said: revisionist history.

Painfully obvious-bench this dude.
1987Oklahoma StateBig 8RB1125116136.417191849.7027017976.717

Thurman would be the guy with the big NIL in ‘87, btw, not Barry. But u knew it’the first time’ you saw Barry play?

You missed your calling.

Last edited:
Like I said: revisionist history.

Painfully obvious-bench this dude.
1987Oklahoma StateBig 8RB1125116136.417191849.7027017976.717

Thurman would be the guy with the big NIL in ‘87, btw, not Barry. But u knew it’the first time’ you saw Barry play?

You missed your calling.
And I suppose you think Gundy was totally correct in playing Cates over Weeden with the season on the line?

Face it, Pat Jones is/was/always will make sad football decisions. Thurman was good but he’s no Barry.

And I suppose you think Gundy was totally correct in playing Cates over Weeden with the season on the line?

Face it, Pat Jones is/was/always will make sad football decisions. Thurman was good but he’s no Barry.
Nah, but you got to grind your axe on Pat Jones.

All Americans get benched all the time, you’re right.

Nah, but you got to grind your axe on Pat Jones.

All Americans get benched all the time, you’re right.
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insinuate your Bumfuzzled wannabe goon hero was capable of horrific personnel choices. I give him credit for lots of things: almost getting us on the death penalty, going winless on a season, refining and improving the Poke Choke, finding new ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and being the only post high school coach in America to keep the greatest running back of all time under a 1000 yards in a non freshman season.

You are right Patsy benched the greatest to ever run the ball for a guy that was older and less talented.

Back