Sunday Morning Coaches (Week 1): Kill the Wabbit edition

Just finished my rewatch and I'm even more impressed with Bowman.

He had 3 TD passes hit recievers in the hands! All 3 were tough catches but should have been made. 2 by Strib and 1 by Owens. (Who were otherwise outstanding)

Really only threw the one bad ball and it was a late throw on the run. Plus it was on a 3rd down around mid field. Not the worst time to force a ball.

And they just now changed the swing pass that Ollie scored on to a run. So good for Ollie's numbers, bad for Bowman's.

If he plays like that all year I like our chances.

Ugh, this thread title is worse than when ESPN inevitably calls us the Aztecs (they ALWAYS do!) 🤦‍♂️
It's a tradition for a specific poster that does thus after games...they've been doing it for years. Not terrible when considered in context...or any other way.
And if you don't know the "wabbit" reference, well...tell me your generation without telling me your generation...

...but still, glad to have other fans around the board.;)

It's a tradition for a specific poster that does thus after games...they've been doing it for years. Not terrible when considered in context...or any other way.
And if you don't know the "wabbit" reference, well...tell me your generation without telling me your generation...

...but still, glad to have other fans around the board.;)

The original thread title referred to NDSU rather than SDSU.

After finish my rewatch I think the OL was much better at run blocking than I thought at the game. Biggest difference was last year after the switch Josiah Johnson was an absolute monster at the point of attack. As Gundy is found of saying he was willing to give himself up.

Ford will get there as he actually got to 2 guys on the swing pass TD but it looked like the game might have moved faster than he thought. I am excited about him. On Ollie’s 1st rushing TD Schulz got there and laid some wood.

On the post game I thought I heard Dave say Bowman hit 13 in a row. Then missed one. Then hit 7 more in a row. So at one stretch he was 20/21.

Our WRs as a group are reallly good. If Gundy had wanted to we could have dropped back 50+ times and had a ton of success. But I think the game plan in 1st half was to lean on them w tempo and that showed in the 3rd quarter where they were dropping like flies and we essentially scored 24 points. They couldn’t stop us.

On D I understand why we subbed so frequently but man I would have loved for Daniels to get more snaps. Can’t replace game experience and he is at a new position. They kept saying on the broadcast how SDSU was just missing on plays and they were but mostly bc they weren’t used to our speed. They missed bc we showed up in space faster and as the game went on that became a part of the mental game.

Special teams were special.

Last edited:
Back