OT: General CFB Thread

UNLV's collective released a statement that it has satisfied all contractual obligations with the QB.

UNLV released a statement that the QB began making demands that the school determined to be pay for play violating NCAA rules and state law.

The agent is claiming that they received a verbal offer during recruitment and that he repeatedly tried to get UNLV to honor it. He then began trying to get money out of UNLV.

The more I read on this, I'm thinking the agent is who screwed up this thing.

Stop the unlimited transfers, and let schools pay players directly.

https://sports.yahoo.com/matthew-sl...ege-footballs-pay-for-play-era-195921691.html

After meetings Wednesday in Chicago, Baker said he believes the House settlement could prevent such situations as those that happened at UNLV, though he did not comment on the case specifically.

Under the settlement, all deals will be transparent.

“People will know what everybody is getting, which, up until now, you just have to believe whoever says something to you,” he said. “The number of student-athletes that I’ve talked to, who went into the portal under a false promise is pretty significant.

“The big point behind the settlement is to actually put in place a structure that will be transparent where people will have obligations and assignments and responsibilities and accountability. I’ve said for almost a year now, the primary relationship in this should be between schools and student-athletes.”

Kentucky just knocked off the Ole Miss fighting Kiffins.
Yeah, this one is a surprise. I know Kentucky has a good defense, but I didn't know just how good. Impressive defense, not-so-good offense. If Kentucky had a decent offense, they'd be undefeated.

LOL final sequence before halftime in the Auburn vs Goons game was a great “Ball Don’t Lie” moment

Back