Oklahoma is going backwards

Yes, purposely treating people unequally is bad. Sad, but not dumbfounded that some want to celebrate divisive policies that treat people differently only due identities.
White men have treated people horrifically in this country for 100’s and hundreds of years and a company that wants to improve itself by making its hiring panel representative of society at large is divisive?

We live in a society where any minority found guilty on 34 felony counts and has been found in contempt multiple times would be in jail yet we have a white man running free and continuing to run his mouth about the judge and jury.

We live in a society where racial injustice occurs on nearly a daily basis in real estate valuations which disproportionately adversely affect minorities and in sentencing in the criminal justice system and you think DEI should be elimimated

I gave you a glance at what we face on a daily basis when it comes to disability and you think DEI is divisive. Come roll in our wheels for one day and I’ll show you what’s divisive. Divisive is when a disabled person is made to feel less than you or I when they can’t even participate in an election without being made to feel inadequate.

You and every person who wants to kill DEI are the problem and wouldn’t hesitate to discriminate. I’ll bet you do it on a weekly basis.

White men have treated people horrifically in this country for 100’s and hundreds of years and a company that wants to improve itself by making its hiring panel representative of society at large is divisive?

We live in a society where any minority found guilty on 34 felony counts and has been found in contempt multiple times would be in jail yet we have a white man running free and continuing to run his mouth about the judge and jury.

We live in a society where racial injustice occurs on nearly a daily basis in real estate valuations which disproportionately adversely affect minorities and in sentencing in the criminal justice system and you think DEI should be elimimated

I gave you a glance at what we face on a daily basis when it comes to disability and you think DEI is divisive. Come roll in our wheels for one day and I’ll show you what’s divisive. Divisive is when a disabled person is made to feel less than you or I when they can’t even participate in an election without being made to feel inadequate.

You and every person who wants to kill DEI are the problem and wouldn’t hesitate to discriminate. I’ll bet you do it on a weekly basis.
I bet daily.

DEI provides preferential treatment based on immutable characteristics that have zero to do with ability. DEI advantages those with those specific characteristics and disadvantages others…again solely on identities. And what is the deficiency of “discrimination”?
Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, on the grounds of ethnicity, age, sex, or race. Which is exactly what you are celebrating.

One of us is supporting treating people equally and not judging people by their race, sex, or disability. The other is supporting and celebrating discrimination. You are proving you do this on a weekly basis.

DEI provides preferential treatment based on immutable characteristics that have zero to do with ability. DEI advantages those with those specific characteristics and disadvantages others…again solely on identities. And what is the deficiency of “discrimination”?
Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, on the grounds of ethnicity, age, sex, or race. Which is exactly what you are celebrating.

One of us is supporting treating people equally and not judging people by their race, sex, or disability. The other is supporting and celebrating discrimination. You are proving you do this on a weekly basis.
You cited as evidence of DEI a company that changed their interview process to include minorities so it was more representative.

How is that giving preferential treatment? What is divisive about that? How is that bad?

Last edited:
who needs dei anyway?! we all know people of different races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, genders and sexual orientations have been on equal footing since our country was founded...

You cited as evidence of DEI a company that changed their interview process to include minorities so it was more representative.

How is that giving preferential treatment? How is that bad?
It apparently is not bad for you. But for those that think people should not be judged by race or gender, but instead by abilities…it is backwards, troubling, and discriminatory.

It apparently is not bad for you. But for those that think people should not be judged by race or gender, but instead by abilities…it is backwards, troubling, and discriminatory.
I’ll try again in English.

How is that giving preferential treatment? What is divisive about that? How is that bad?

I’ll try again in English.

What if they don't have enough diversity to set a few on a hiring board, then they have to hire minorities to sit on the boards. See that's hiring people just because of their skin color, disability, gender etc. /s

I love his comments on how diversity is a good thing followed up a couple posts later with railing about what actually helps provide a diverse workforce or environment.

No where have I seen that you have to hire any group. This gas been about purely getting a more diverse group involved the decision making process. If the hiring board is diverse then the result won't be skewed towards/away from.any one group. The result is you actually get a better hiring decision because you don't automatically only look at one group to draw from (historically white men)... you end up increasing the size of the pool of people you are honestly drawing from.

Honestly. I think his problem is that it could theoretically be done as a blind process and therefore you are truely blind to race gender etc. The problem there is at some point you will have interviews or other in person portions of the process. Also, names give it away to an extent.

What if they don't have enough diversity to set a few on a hiring board, then they have to hire minorities to sit on the boards. See that's hiring people just because of their skin color, disability, gender etc. /s

I love his comments on how diversity is a good thing followed up a couple posts later with railing about what actually helps provide a diverse workforce or environment.

No where have I seen that you have to hire any group. This gas been about purely getting a more diverse group involved the decision making process. If the hiring board is diverse then the result won't be skewed towards/away from.any one group. The result is you actually get a better hiring decision because you don't automatically only look at one group to draw from (historically white men)... you end up increasing the size of the pool of people you are honestly drawing from.

Honestly. I think his problem is that it could theoretically be done as a blind process and therefore you are truely blind to race gender etc. The problem there is at some point you will have interviews or other in person portions of the process. Also, names give it away to an extent.
There have been numerous experiments that show none White sounding names with the same resumes are less likely to be hired/advance in the hiring process.

There have been numerous experiments that show none White sounding names with the same resumes are less likely to be hired/advance in the hiring process.
Gender also impacts hiring in some fields and positions.

If it was fully blind that would be one thing. But no hiring process is fully blind throughout, so you need to do things to even the playing field... otherwise it will never be even.

Here’s the gist of it.

For every $1 a man makes women doing the same job earn less than 85 pennies.

For every $1 that a white person owns in wealth a PoC owns less than 55 cents.

White men are at an economic advantage.

So why are we not just tweaking programs that try to address disparities? Why are we killing them outright?

DEL CITY LEADERS REQUEST GRAND JURY INVESTIGATION OF COUNTY COMMISSIONER
A group of Del City leaders filed paperwork with Oklahoma County Court Clerk Rick Warren on Tuesday to investigate Oklahoma County Commissioner Myles Davidson

Since Republicans took over Oklahoma close to 15 years ago the state moved from being a mediocre state to less than mediocre. At least there were at least one or two stubborn indicators with infrastructure being #17.

Since Republicans took over Oklahoma close to 15 years ago the state moved from being a mediocre state to less than mediocre. At least there were at least one or two stubborn indicators with infrastructure being #17.
It always amazes me how Oklahoma Republicans have been able to convince Oklahoma voters that all the issues in the state are the Democrats fault while pumping massive subsidies to oil and gas and corporate farms

Ammunition vending machines now available at some grocery stores in Oklahoma koco

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Back