Oklahoma is going backwards

¨reclaim our culture for Christ...¨ I would like to know when we had a culture for Christ, a Christian backed culture...was it during the early days of our country when there was ownership of slaves? was it when the Native Americans were driven off their lands? was it when there was segregation? oh wait, hern´s from Tulsa area, maybe it was when Black Wall Street was destroyed? just wondering...

"No matter what your background is, we want you to be successful. We’re excited about that, and what we do not want to do is divide people and exclude people, and that’s what these programs ultimately were doing," he said. (ryan walters)

such a ´white privilege´ response...many years ago ´we´ wanted to divide and exclude people, but now we use those words in reverse because it benefits/helps minority groups...

How does Hern think red states love God better than blue states?
Percent of good god fearin' folk that go to church at least once a week is over 40% in 10 states according to Pew.....9 of them are red. States that have under 25% that say the seldom to never go to church.....7 out of 8 are red. Virginia being the outlier of both. He isn't wrong....I'm not saying it's a good thing just pointing out the math. Do you think a person could say "I"m a proud Ashiest" and win in Oklahoma, Bama, Miss, Kentucky, Utah? Whether Hern really believes that or not (and he probably really does) a good percentage of Okies eat that mess up.....and a big chunk of the rest may not say it out loud but aren't put off by it either.

Like I said in another post when you are dealing with people that believe in a river turning to blood, magic hair, and fish that pay your taxes you aren't dealing with logic and reason.....if you are politician you can tap that well pretty much anytime you want....good and evil and what not.

Percent of good god fearin' folk that go to church at least once a week is over 40% in 10 states according to Pew.....9 of them are red. States that have under 25% that say the seldom to never go to church.....7 out of 8 are red. Virginia being the outlier of both. He isn't wrong....I'm not saying it's a good thing just pointing out the math. Do you think a person could say "I"m a proud Ashiest" and win in Oklahoma, Bama, Miss, Kentucky, Utah? Whether Hern really believes that or not (and he probably really does) a good percentage of Okies eat that mess up.....and a big chunk of the rest may not say it out loud but aren't put off by it either.

Like I said in another post when you are dealing with people that believe in a river turning to blood, magic hair, and fish that pay your taxes you aren't dealing with logic and reason.....if you are politician you can tap that well pretty much anytime you want....good and evil and what not.
I sense a good bit of sarcasm in your post so I won't jump to any conclusions.

I'll just point out the obvious.

How often you go to church is a very poor measure for how godly a person is or how much they love God.

UCO eliminates 2 offices following Gov. Kevin Stitt's DEI ban koco

The University of Central Oklahoma eliminates two offices following Gov. Kevin Stitt's order to abolish diversity, equity and inclusion programs, causing significant changes on campus.
You know what’s so sad is that we have people who think this is a good thing.

DEI is not just about skin pigment or who you chose to love. It also addresses people w disabilities. For all of you who think DEI is a bad thing I’ll give you a power wheelchair and a Hoyer lift. Let’s see how tough (physically and mentally you are) to go one month in any town in Oklahoma and live a public life and work. You won’t last one week.

It’s as simple as having discussions about what people different from you face in life. It’s having conversations about being a 2A country and being killed by law enforcement bc you are a black man and answer your own door w a gun in hand. By the way I don’t know what the right answer here is. It’s having a conversation about trying to exercise your right to vote in 21st century in Payne County but you can’t get to the voting booth bc they have zero handicap or paved parking places, there is no ramp to the front door and the interior halls and doors are too narrow for your wheelchair to fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: PF5

DEI is not just about skin pigment or who you chose to love. It also addresses people w disabilities. For all of you who think DEI is a bad thing I’ll give you a power wheelchair and a Hoyer lift. Let’s see how tough (physically and mentally you are) to go one month in any town in Oklahoma and live a public life and work. You won’t last one week.

It’s as simple as having discussions about what people different from you face in life. It’s having conversations about being a 2A country and being killed by law enforcement bc you are a black man and answer your own door w a gun in hand. By the way I don’t know what the right answer here is. It’s having a conversation about trying to exercise your right to vote in 21st century in Payne County but you can’t get to the voting booth bc they have zero handicap or paved parking places, there is no ramp to the front door and the interior halls and doors are too narrow for your wheelchair to fit.
Case in point some one liked the post.

The thought exercise for me that opened my eyes of why DEI is important.

HR person asked us to think about a Bank Manager who had implemented a closed door policy because the Manager had a very nice and fancy office and they only wanted to utilize the office space for important client meetings to impress them and provide a bar with good scotch and whiskey offerings, and the employees were upset and wanted to confront this manager as they thought a closed door policy and use of the office was not a good use of the banks resources.

Then the HR person asked a group of 50 of us to write down what we thought the Name of the Bank Manger was.

92% of us wrote a Males name down and we all assumed it was a male.

That was when I realized that we ALL have these internal bias built in and I catch myself VERY often thinking of this story because it opened my eyes that I CONSTANTLY label people as a skin tone based on the way their name sounds, or I assume their gender based on the type of Job they do or they type of office they have etc etc. OR I assume they have no Medical history or need any Medical Accommodations because I can't visually see anything wrong with them physically.

The other exercise for DEI and its importance was going through an exercise of setting up a brand new Business in a Foreign country. How do you accommodate the local customs, religion, etc diet needs, Humor, politics, regulation etc etc etc etc.

I sense a good bit of sarcasm in your post so I won't jump to any conclusions.

I'll just point out the obvious.

How often you go to church is a very poor measure for how godly a person is or how much they love God.
Completely agree you don’t have to be in the shadow of the steeple to love Jesus…

I would bet the weekly church goer is more likely to buy into rhetoric such as his…more traditional to put it kindly mindset.. They believe they love Jesus more too.

DEI departments are not about ramps for front doors. There is already legislation that addresses that.
I think the original intent of DEI was probably positive, but DEI has morphed into inequality and division. I hope most would agree that we should treat people equally (although I realize there are some that don’t). But we have segments of society that enjoy preferred unequal treatment.

Last edited:
Completely agree you don’t have to be in the shadow of the steeple to love Jesus…

I would bet the weekly church goer is more likely to buy into rhetoric such as his…more traditional to put it kindly mindset.. They believe they love Jesus more too.
Agreed.

Alcohol has always been looked down upon in the red states. So as a means for people to socialize a church culture was easy to develop, but not a bar culture. That was particularly true in Oklahoma where it was required to be dry for 21 years as one of the conditions to meet, in order to become a new state in 1907. It attracted a lot of conservative Christians and later on explains why 3.2% beer and labeling it as a non-intoxicating beverage as directed under the Cullen-Harrison Act was the only acceptable response to Prohibition repeal. I suspect a lot of those Christians thought it was okay to smoke cigarettes, though, so did not live a long life. My parents didn't participate in a church or bar culture and did not smoke. They lived long lives.

It would be interesting just how bad of a reputation a Christian politician would have to have, such as being an alcoholic with recent DUI for starters, before an atheist challenger could possibly win.

DEI departments are not about ramps for front doors. There is already legislation that addresses that.
I think the original intent of DEI was probably positive, but DEI has morphed into inequality and division. I hope most would agree that we should treat people equally (although I realize there are some that don’t). But we have segments of society that enjoy preferred unequal treatment.
No, right wing media has told you that ALL DEI instances has morphed into and become this... And in some cases they are RIGHT.but it is VERY limited and small in those instances... MOST DEI programs I've seen in professional settings are NOTHING close to creating inequality and division and their employees actually praise these programs

You have right wing commentators like Charlie Kirk saying they don't trust Dark Skinned Pilots to fly them because they assume they got to be a pilot simply because they have dark skin and because some corporate DEI program put them in that job without any qualifications or training.

and THAT is ludicrous

Last edited:
Back