Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. BYU

That may be the single most hated characteristic of our teams over the years is having third and long and not being able to get a stop. So many of our teams it was almost a virtual guarantee. The opponent would get a first down on third and 15. This may be the worst defensive line I’ve ever seen at Oklahoma State. There is zero pressure and nearly zero possibility of a sack with this line.

Is the awful d line play due to the scheme, lack of talent or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was an incredibly difficult pass. It needed a lot of touch that Rangel doesn't have the experience to throw yet. Also, his release looked really low on that pass.. hard to have touch when you're releasing it that low.

This just isn’t going to go well, we had receivers open on that play, and Rangel overthrows that pass into triple coverage for the INT. I’ve never been a quarterback, but apparently it’s a difficult skill to learn to be able to go through two and three progressions instead of forcing a pass into the primary receiver no matter what.

Injured talent. This defense, with a healthy Oliver, generates quite a bit of pressure and is solid in gap assignment.
Wonder if injuries have to do with helter skelter piss poor schemes? Guys are so out of position and have to pay out with arm slaps to attempt to make tackles from behind. Seems like a common theme with our defensive players

Back