Maine boots Trump from 2024 ballot

From your own article….

“The half-dozen plaintiffs in the Colorado case are all Republican or unaffiliated voters.”
And republicans filed the appeal. Trump lost Colorado by a half a million votes do you think every single republican in Colorado voted for him? If you are trying to imply that this push to keep Trump off of state ballots isn’t motivated by democrats you’re even dumber than I thought.

Colorado law requires that, in order for a voter to challenge the placement of the candidate in the Republican presidential primary, that they be Republicans or unaffiliated voters," Sherman said in an interview. "So in order to have standing, they had to be Republicans."

Last edited:
I 100% understand you don’t want Trump to be President again…I am with you. But what the 7 Democrats on the CO Supreme Court and the strong Biden supporting Maine Secretary of State did should be appalling to citizens…and certainly not “democratic”.

A jury trial was not held in either state to determine if Trump is guilty of insurrection. Trump was provided no due process in either state. Yet in both states it was ruled he could not be on the ballot due to 14th Amendment clause of ”engage in insurrection or rebellion”.
The only trial that I am aware (Trump’s 2nd impeachment), Trump was not found guilty of ”incitement of insurrection”. You can certainly disagree with the results, but I would hope all would agree that a trial be provided a defendant before someone is unilaterally dropped from a ballot? Even someone as repulsive as Trump.

CO and MN’s actions are just ugly and only continues the tit-for-tat that the extremists on either party think is fair game. And I also hate it because I think this just ultimately helps Trump.
The 14th amendment wasn't written in a way that it requires a trial to find someone guilty of insurrection. However in this case the Colorado Supreme Court acted as the jury, reviewed more evidence than anyone on this board is privy to, and found that legally he engaged in insurrection.

The interesting thing is we all know if the courts said fine, let's expedite a trial to determine whether Trump engaged in insurrection Republicans and Fox News would slam the brakes on that argument faster than they rolled back regulations on railroad safety. Dems would be all in favor.

And republicans filed the appeal. Trump lost Colorado by a half a million votes do you think every single republican in Colorado voted for him? If you are trying to imply that this push to keep Trump off of state ballots isn’t motivated by democrats you’re even dumber than I thought.

Colorado law requires that, in order for a voter to challenge the placement of the candidate in the Republican presidential primary, that they be Republicans or unaffiliated voters," Sherman said in an interview. "So in order to have standing, they had to be Republicans."
So what your saying is by Colorado law that Democrats couldn't have started this request to boot Trump off the ballot........so Republicans did it and requested Trump to be off the Colorado ballot as state law requires

And all of that is the Democrats fault..

That's some very strong Kool aid

So what your saying is by Colorado law that Democrats couldn't have started this request to boot Trump off the ballot........so Republicans did it and requested Trump to be off the Colorado ballot as state law requires

And all of that is the Democrats fault..

That's some very strong Kool aid
Let’s stop with the charade that Republicans started the CO issue. Just plain dumb and wrong. Only those that just read biased media think that.

This was started and funded by CREW (Citizens for Responsibilty and Ethics in Washington). They are a very liberal organization that almost exclusively files complaints against Republicans. This is not a secret and they have been very vocal that they led the effort.

There is a huge difference between politician lies like "Read my lips, no new taxes" or "it depends what the definition of is, is" and claiming that our entire system is faked and that the loser of an election was actually the winner. There are some around here too concrete to get past a-lie-is-a-lie but I would not have suspected that of you.
I’m not taking up for Trump or defending the republicans. I’m agreeing with you that we don’t get the truth. We are so removed no new taxes and what is is. This White House house been been found in violation of the first amendment for media manipulation. We are already where you are saying we could get. We are screwed either way.

The 14th amendment wasn't written in a way that it requires a trial to find someone guilty of insurrection. However in this case the Colorado Supreme Court acted as the jury, reviewed more evidence than anyone on this board is privy to, and found that legally he engaged in insurrection.

The interesting thing is we all know if the courts said fine, let's expedite a trial to determine whether Trump engaged in insurrection Republicans and Fox News would slam the brakes on that argument faster than they rolled back regulations on railroad safety. Dems would be all in favor.
1) I am not qualified to answer if 14th amendment requires a trial or hearing to find someone guilty of insurrection.

2) But we don’t have to wonder…because there was a trial. A lengthy and costly trial addressing a single charge of Trump being charged with “incitement of insurrection”. And he was acquitted.

1) I am not qualified to answer if 14th amendment requires a trial or hearing to find someone guilty of insurrection.

2) But we don’t have to wonder…because there was a trial. A lengthy and costly trial addressing a single charge of Trump being charged with “incitement of insurrection”. And he was acquitted.
VERY strong Kool aid

But we don’t have to wonder…because there was a trial. A lengthy and costly trial addressing a single charge of Trump being charged with “incitement of insurrection”. And he was acquitted.
are you talking about the impeachment trial acquittal?! where senators vote on party lines? but even some of the republicans couldn't in good conscience do???....LOL...SMH...Screenshot 2023-12-30 3.01.27 PM.png

What part was incorrect? I will happily retract.
What you are doing is a lesson in intellectual dishonesty.

Bernie Madhoff was a self-made billionaire: fact.
Enron was one of the most successful businesses of the 90s: fact.
The US invaded Iraq as a result of 9/11: fact.
Jeffrey Epstein hung himself: fact.
Michelle Obama did wonders for the nutritional value of school lunches: fact.

All of the above are historical facts and if I used any of them in an argument I'd be just as intellectually dishonest as you.

are you talking about the impeachment trial acquittal?! where senators vote on party lines? but even some of the republicans couldn't in good conscience do???....LOL...SMH...View attachment 2950
Yes, of course. I assume you would agree the Dems thought the trial mattered at the time. Why then does the outcome not matter?

Pretty obvious they didn’t get the guilty verdict they wanted so now they are attempting to tilt the scales of the election through an end around.

The CO Supreme Court vote was 4-3 (all 7 are Democrats). Would you say that even some of the Democrats couldn’t in good conscience do? I think both the Senate trial votes and the CO Supreme Court votes were less about evidence and more about partisan politics.

BTW, I imagine we are aligned we both strongly don’t want Trump as President. The difference is I want one of the other Republicans and you want an 81-year old that even your graphs shows he struggles mightily with the truth.
I am concerned and angry the election-meddling actions of CO and ME are just strengthening Trump and adding more to get out the vote to the Trump-lovers —- which I definitely don’t want in the primary.

Last edited:
Yes, of course. I assume you would agree the Dems thought the trial mattered at the time. Why then does the outcome not matter?

Pretty obvious they didn’t get the guilty verdict they wanted so now they are attempting to tilt the scales of the election through an end around.

The CO Supreme Court vote was 4-3 (all 7 are Democrats). Would you say that even some of the Democrats couldn’t in good conscience do? I think both the Senate trial votes and the CO Supreme Court votes were less about evidence and more about partisan politics.

BTW, I imagine we are aligned we both strongly don’t want Trump as President. The difference is I want one of the other Republicans and you want an 81-year old that even your graphs shows he struggles mightily with the truth.
I am concerned and angry the election-meddling actions of CO and MN are just strengthening Trump and adding more to get out the vote to the Trump-lovers —- which I definitely don’t want in the primary.

And yet you’re attempting to argue the Senate trial (less about about evidence and more about partisan politics) legitimately invalidates any insurrection claims or hearings that come after.

Not sure if you are not remembering Trump being acquitted of incitement of insurrection.

If we are going to debate (and/or deny) actual facts from history…then there is no point. I didn’t add any opinion in my post. You are welcome to not agree with results of a trial/hearing, but listing facts and history is not kool-aid.
Odd….that.

And yet you’re attempting to argue the Senate trial (less about about evidence and more about partisan politics) legitimately invalidates any insurrection claims or hearings that come after.

Odd….that.
I have not made any claims about invalidating insurrection claims. The point was there was a trial held about a single charge of inciting insurrection and he was not found guilty. Far-left Dems trying this end-around are just emboldening Trump and his supporters. He claims election rigging and what is happening now backs him up (at the very least to his supporters and those that may consider him).

However, not all Dems are falling for this. From California: Their current Lt Gov strongly pushed CA election officials to ban Trump from the ballot. But CA officials denied her push.

Notably Gov Newsom was very against the thought and his spokesman said, “If we act out of sequence here and proactively move to get him off the ballot, that could end up weakening the institutions you’re trying to protect.”

The CA Secretary of State responded to the Lt Gov in a chippy letter, ”I must place the sanctity of these elections above partisan politics”

Even CA’s progressive congresswoman Barbara Lee said, “Everyone — even Donald Trump — deserves their day in court. If we hope to strengthen and sustain our democracy, no Secretary of State should unilaterally decide who can appear on a ballot,” Lee said in a statement to POLITICO. “I have full faith that the voters of California will once again reject Trump’s politics of hate and division and look forward to seeing the former president soundly defeated in 2024.”

Last edited:

I am concerned and angry the election-meddling actions of CO and MN are just strengthening Trump and adding more to get out the vote to the Trump-lovers —- which I definitely don’t want in the primary.

For your reference, since you've messed this up twice now, Maine is ME. MN is Minnesota

For your reference, since you've messed this up twice now, Maine is ME. MN is Minnesota
Yep. That was a dumb error.
Makes it even worse is on Thursday I addressed a thank you letter to my aunt in Minnesota (hope it didn’t go to Maine :))

Back