Maine boots Trump from 2024 ballot

I think the democrats are going to regret opening this can of worms.
Potentially. But what are you supposed to do with an undemocratic electorate whose response to holding Trump responsible for an attempted coup is- we'll just vote for him harder.

Potentially. But what are you supposed to do with an undemocratic electorate whose response to holding Trump responsible for an attempted coup is- we'll just vote for him harder.
Undemocratic electorate determined by whom? That's probably exactly what is going to happen. They will vote for him harder and then in every election for the next 50 years both sides will spend billions of dollars to keep the other side's candidates off the ballot so that us piss ants will have even less choice. Or.... they could let the people decide. I think we all know where this is headed. BTW...attempted coup? LOL

Last edited:
Undemocratic electorate determined by whom? That's probably exactly what is going to happen. They will vote for him harder and then in every election for the next 50 years both sides will spend billions of dollars to keep the other side's candidates off the ballot so that us piss ants will have even less choice. Or.... they could let the people decide. I think we all know where this is headed. BTW...attempted coup? LOL

Given the changes in media/AI/internet etc and the way that Trump (and others) have no problem telling objective lies you can't see a situation in the next 50 years where the electorate could be conned into voting in a way that is against their own benefit?

I'm far more worried that if Trump wins it will prove that the truth does not matter at all. And, both sides will learn to use modern tech to manipulate us to believe lies.

I want to have a choice. But, I don't want a choice that does not honor the system. If nothing else, Trumps actions show he doesn't care at all about the system, just himself. "Letting the people decide" sounds great. But only if the people are given the truth.

Given the changes in media/AI/internet etc and the way that Trump (and others) have no problem telling objective lies you can't see a situation in the next 50 years where the electorate could be conned into voting in a way that is against their own benefit? They vote against their own benefit all the time already. Elections are supposed to be won by who gets the most votes. It's that simple.

I'm far more worried that if Trump wins it will prove that the truth does not matter at all. And, both sides will learn to use modern tech to manipulate us to believe lies. Who the heck doesn't lie in politics? If you're ok with removing some one from the ballot because they told a lie there will be no one on the ballot. Biden lies just as much if not more than Trump and the media covers for him daily and repeats the lies. You ok with removing him from the ballot?

I want to have a choice. But, I don't want a choice that does not honor the system. If nothing else, Trumps actions show he doesn't care at all about the system, just himself. "Letting the people decide" sounds great. But only if the people are given the truth. The system that you want honored is one in which the parties put forth a nominee and the people decide which one to vote for. Surely you realize that your interpretation of Trumps actions does not represent everyone else's. Right? Do you really want to allow the system to change into one that allows one party to simply remove the oppositions candidate from the ballot? I promise you it will go both ways and you won't like it so much when it does.

I 100% understand you don’t want Trump to be President again…I am with you. But what the 7 Democrats on the CO Supreme Court and the strong Biden supporting Maine Secretary of State did should be appalling to citizens…and certainly not “democratic”.

A jury trial was not held in either state to determine if Trump is guilty of insurrection. Trump was provided no due process in either state. Yet in both states it was ruled he could not be on the ballot due to 14th Amendment clause of ”engage in insurrection or rebellion”.
The only trial that I am aware (Trump’s 2nd impeachment), Trump was not found guilty of ”incitement of insurrection”. You can certainly disagree with the results, but I would hope all would agree that a trial be provided a defendant before someone is unilaterally dropped from a ballot? Even someone as repulsive as Trump.

CO and ME’s actions are just ugly and only continues the tit-for-tat that the extremists on either party think is fair game. And I also hate it because I think this just ultimately helps Trump.

Last edited:
Given the changes in media/AI/internet etc and the way that Trump (and others) have no problem telling objective lies you can't see a situation in the next 50 years where the electorate could be conned into voting in a way that is against their own benefit?

I'm far more worried that if Trump wins it will prove that the truth does not matter at all. And, both sides will learn to use modern tech to manipulate us to believe lies.

I want to have a choice. But, I don't want a choice that does not honor the system. If nothing else, Trumps actions show he doesn't care at all about the system, just himself. "Letting the people decide" sounds great. But only if the people are given the truth.
The truth already doesn’t matter for either side

The truth already doesn’t matter for either side
There is a huge difference between politician lies like "Read my lips, no new taxes" or "it depends what the definition of is, is" and claiming that our entire system is faked and that the loser of an election was actually the winner. There are some around here too concrete to get past a-lie-is-a-lie but I would not have suspected that of you.

Ahem...

Yep, pathetic little politician lies. Claiming he was at some place or did some thing he didn't do.

But, not even in the same stratosphere of losing an election and making up a bunch of lies to claim that he actually won to keep the office against the will of the voter.

And, contrary to what you said, I did not "interpret" Trumps' actions. He made claims. He had a chance to go to court and prove his allegations and either failed or didn't bother. That is simple fact, not an interpretation at all.

There is a huge difference between politician lies like "Read my lips, no new taxes" or "it depends what the definition of is, is" and claiming that our entire system is faked and that the loser of an election was actually the winner. There are some around here too concrete to get past a-lie-is-a-lie but I would not have suspected that of you.
lol...they all do it.

“He knows he’s an illegitimate president,” said Clinton, also three years later. She repeated this sentiment in 2020, telling The Atlantic the election “was not on the level,” and again when she called Trump’s win illegitimate. She piled on to this by saying, “You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,” clearly referring to how she saw her 2016 campaign.

lol...they all do it.

“He knows he’s an illegitimate president,” said Clinton, also three years later. She repeated this sentiment in 2020, telling The Atlantic the election “was not on the level,” and again when she called Trump’s win illegitimate. She piled on to this by saying, “You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,” clearly referring to how she saw her 2016 campaign.
I agree that is all BS and nonsense to say.

Do you see those as equivalent to Trump's words and actions?

I agree that is all BS and nonsense to say.

Do you see those as equivalent to Trump's words and actions?
Pretty much yeah. My point is you think its ok for one party to be able to run their candidate AND determine who the opposition candidate will be based on "crimes" that the opposing candidate has not been convicted of at this point. In what bizzario world does that make sense? You say that Trump is guilty of "insurrection". Convict him and then we can talk about the legality of him holding an elected office. Until then all of this is just a desperate grasp by a terrified party that got 81 million votes for a dementia riddled professional grifter and spent the entire campaign secluded in his basement as far away from a microphone as possible and still beat Trump. What's all the fuss about? If you can beat him with Biden surely you can beat him with anybody.

Back