Lowered Expectations

I can't even bring myself to watch it. I was pissed enough on Saturday, I don't really want to relive it. Along with I'm sure plenty of Gundyisms that will really piss me off.

I agree there is still plenty of season left to play, and who knows even though I am not very optimistic about our chances with the current coaching staff. However, I don't think we played the two best Big 12 teams back to back. KSU got embarrassed by BYU last weekend and Utah got drilled by Arizona yesterday.
K State wrecked Arizona 31-7 much like they did to us on Saturday!!! Who the Hell knows which two teams end up in Dallas in December! 🤔

I can't even bring myself to watch it. I was pissed enough on Saturday, I don't really want to relive it. Along with I'm sure plenty of Gundyisms that will really piss me off.
Yeah, probably shouldn't watch. He glosses over the loss like we played well, and even said that he wasn't bothered by it.

Huge difference is the fact South Alabama was a non conference game. We dropped games to 2 teams that will be in the hunt. They basically threw our chances in the dumpster. What we saw the first 5 games is the best this team is going to be.
Other than losing to Texas, we basically lost to teams that had 💩seasons as South Alabama and UCF both finished 6-6, although I guess Iowa State is in the decent category as they finished 7-5! That is why those loses seemed baffling considering who we knocked off, especially in the October run of 2023!🤔

I just hope we at least get bowl eligible. I'm not confident this team can get three more wins. Maybe Baylor, who's terrible. Might eek out a dub over TCU despite giving up 500 passing yards to Hoover. Other than that, not confident at all.

Usually I put my faith in "Gundy's teams lay an egg early but always really improve in the middle."

This team is getting worse, at everything, except for one decent quarter of running the ball. There's not just one thing to turn around, there's a needed turnaround in just about every aspect.

Passing game: inconsistent, ineffective when needed
Rushing attack: non existent

Rush defense: one of the worst in P4
Passing defnese: one of the worst in P4

Return game: awful
FG kicker: not good, misses way too many kicks

Punters: good
Kick coverage: pretty good

The last 2 weeks has been a complete failure in the fans’ and likely players’ expectations.

Big 12 Championship - Gone
Playoff Birth - Gone
“Premier” Big 12 program - Gone
Postseason awards - Not Likely
10 win season - Not Likely

How on earth will this team be motivated to win, much less play the rest of season? Do we win 5-6 more games? 7-8 total wins seems like the new ceiling. Last year was a complete mirage based on this year’s performance so far.

The way it’s shaping up, 2025 will be the worst team we’ll field since 2005. Recruiting has been lacking outside of a few players. We lose basically everyone on offense and likely our biggest playmakers on defense. It looks as though Gundy will be leaving the program how he found it.

Is the talent left able to even make a bowl game next year? What’s worse is bowl games are much less prestigious now with the 12 team playoff.

If there isn’t a substantial change in recruiting and coaching, fan support is going to dry up fast. I’m assuming if this isn’t Gundy’s last year, next year will likely be it.

The last 2 weeks have been incredibly frustrating. There’s nothing Gundy can do outside of firing Dunn to change my expectations for the rest of the season and the future…
Get a coach from Texas that doesn’t have a little brother mindset, should be the solution. Tired of the “oh shucks” mentality. I’ve noticed it from day 1 since arriving to this state as a freshman from Houston. I visited A&M, TCU, Tech, LSU, Penn State, and Ole Miss before choosing Oklahoma State. There’s a reason, and native Okies that are OSU fans don’t get how big of a brand Pistol Pete, Eskimo Joes, Gundy, and our country music scene are outside of Oklahoma.

Shame to you all that think OSU has a limited ceiling, when little programs are shooting for the moon and outperforming us on the field and in recruiting.

Go look at the tv numbers for bedlam over the past 10 years and compare it to Red River Shootout… bet you’d be surprised. Now imagine OSU with more media money…even like $60million a year (SEC teams make like $80mil). Think of how beneficial that extra money in football will be to OSU as a whole.
Boosters won’t spend on Gundy. It’s same results. You appreciate what he’s done, but we can do better. His dream has been fulfilled, I live in the 4th biggest city 8hours away and knew several people from my highschool that went. Look at enrollment number records that we constantly shatter. THAT IS DUE TO GUNDY. His legacy has been cemented and god bless the man, but it’s a new era.

Get a coach from Texas that doesn’t have a little brother mindset, should be the solution. Tired of the “oh shucks” mentality. I’ve noticed it from day 1 since arriving to this state as a freshman from Houston. I visited A&M, TCU, Tech, LSU, Penn State, and Ole Miss before choosing Oklahoma State. There’s a reason, and native Okies that are OSU fans don’t get how big of a brand Pistol Pete, Eskimo Joes, Gundy, and our country music scene are outside of Oklahoma.

Shame to you all that think OSU has a limited ceiling, when little programs are shooting for the moon and outperforming us on the field and in recruiting.

Go look at the tv numbers for bedlam over the past 10 years and compare it to Red River Shootout… bet you’d be surprised. Now imagine OSU with more media money…even like $60million a year (SEC teams make like $80mil). Think of how beneficial that extra money in football will be to OSU as a whole.
Boosters won’t spend on Gundy. It’s same results. You appreciate what he’s done, but we can do better. His dream has been fulfilled, I live in the 4th biggest city 8hours away and knew several people from my highschool that went. Look at enrollment number records that we constantly shatter. THAT IS DUE TO GUNDY. His legacy has been cemented and god bless the man, but it’s a new era.
Who? That’s great and all but who specifically fits the bill. Genuinely interested, not being argumentative.

At this pace OSU will not make a bowl game. The talent is not on the field on defense. Yes we’ve had some high profile defensive players out, but this defense has been terrible all year. On offense the talent should be there less a QB, but the offense is completely broken. All expectations have been pissed away. The only expectation left is the bowl streak and winning season streak, but it doesn’t look hopeful. You’d think we can squeak out 3 more wins with the schedule we have left, but how we’ve been playing we shouldn’t be favored in any game left. We just got bounced by a middle tier Big 12 team at home. We are officially in the big 12 basement and will be there for a while. Next year this team will be straight up suck. We need to clean house with every coordinator. They suck at recruiting, can’t develop talent, and can’t come up with successful schemes. If we don’t make a bowl game this year Gundy needs to retire. It’s clear he isn’t built for this new phase of college football. You have to be a pitch man to not only recruits, but benefactors that will help you play for talent. It’s clear Gundy is unwilling to do that and needs to move on. His era of college football is over and isn’t coming back.

At this pace OSU will not make a bowl game. The talent is not on the field on defense. Yes we’ve had some high profile defensive players out, but this defense has been terrible all year. On offense the talent should be there less a QB, but the offense is completely broken. All expectations have been pissed away. The only expectation left is the bowl streak and winning season streak, but it doesn’t look hopeful. You’d think we can squeak out 3 more wins with the schedule we have left, but how we’ve been playing we shouldn’t be favored in any game left. We just got bounced by a middle tier Big 12 team at home. We are officially in the big 12 basement and will be there for a while. Next year this team will be straight up suck. We need to clean house with every coordinator. They suck at recruiting, can’t develop talent, and can’t come up with successful schemes. If we don’t make a bowl game this year Gundy needs to retire. It’s clear he isn’t built for this new phase of college football. You have to be a pitch man to not only recruits, but benefactors that will help you play for talent. It’s clear Gundy is unwilling to do that and needs to move on. His era of college football is over and isn’t coming back.
Gundy has been mailing it in for a while now. Hearing him make excuses week after week, while making the kind of money he makes is nauseating. Hope he retires soon.

So the Pokes beat Arkansas, and then Arkansas beasts Tennessee.

How have we dropped off the cliff to lose badly three games in a row?

When players lose confidence and trust in a coaching staff this is the outcome. Gundy playing Bowman made the WRs and Ollie lose trust. Having conversations with Jason Brooks that on the surface appear to be a little disconnected with the young man hurts trust in the locker room. Claiming all off season we have found ways to utilize the TEs and found new blocking schemes to get Ollie the ball more efficiently and then telling everyone he’s going to top at 20-25 carries per game, he’s lost trust again. The sh!t he spews and his piss poor decisions have made these 20+ yos not trust him or the staff. He’s almost feeding a false narrative in the media instead of taking accountability and correcting it in the players and fans eyes, he’s doesn’t want it to look like he’s made the wrong desicions so he Bs’s his way through another season. He’s always been this way

When players lose confidence and trust in a coaching staff this is the outcome. Gundy playing Bowman made the WRs and Ollie lose trust. Having conversations with Jason Brooks that on the surface appear to be a little disconnected with the young man hurts trust in the locker room. Claiming all off season we have found ways to utilize the TEs and found new blocking schemes to get Ollie the ball more efficiently and then telling everyone he’s going to top at 20-25 carries per game, he’s lost trust again. The sh!t he spews and his piss poor decisions have made these 20+ yos not trust him or the staff. He’s almost feeding a false narrative in the media instead of taking accountability and correcting it in the players and fans eyes, he’s doesn’t want it to look like he’s made the wrong desicions so he Bs’s his way through another season. He’s always been this way
I mean, that's very plausible. Are you stating that based on actual knowledge, or just speculating?

Back