Lowered Expectations

The last 2 weeks has been a complete failure in the fans’ and likely players’ expectations.

Big 12 Championship - Gone
Playoff Birth - Gone
“Premier” Big 12 program - Gone
Postseason awards - Not Likely
10 win season - Not Likely

How on earth will this team be motivated to win, much less play the rest of season? Do we win 5-6 more games? 7-8 total wins seems like the new ceiling. Last year was a complete mirage based on this year’s performance so far.

The way it’s shaping up, 2025 will be the worst team we’ll field since 2005. Recruiting has been lacking outside of a few players. We lose basically everyone on offense and likely our biggest playmakers on defense. It looks as though Gundy will be leaving the program how he found it.

Is the talent left able to even make a bowl game next year? What’s worse is bowl games are much less prestigious now with the 12 team playoff.

If there isn’t a substantial change in recruiting and coaching, fan support is going to dry up fast. I’m assuming if this isn’t Gundy’s last year, next year will likely be it.

The last 2 weeks have been incredibly frustrating. There’s nothing Gundy can do outside of firing Dunn to change my expectations for the rest of the season and the future…

I said the same things last year after losing to South Alabama. The season isn't over. We played the 2 best teams in the Big 12 back to back. Still plenty of time to turn it around and we certainly have the talent. Comes down to Bowman making throws and Gundy telling Dunn to pack his shot

dating app GIF

This is by far the weakest that the Big 12 has ever been, so I wouldn't be surprised if this team managed to still win 8 games. However, if that happens, it shouldn't be commended, even though it unfortunately will be by the administration and the fans that remember "the dark days." Iowa State and BYU are at the top of the conference standings, which should tell anyone what they need to know about how strong the Big 12 is this year. If Gundy couldn't make the playoffs this year, I'm not sure when he ever will.

I said the same things last year after losing to South Alabama. The season isn't over. We played the 2 best teams in the Big 12 back to back. Still plenty of time to turn it around and we certainly have the talent. Comes down to Bowman making throws and Gundy telling Dunn to pack his shot
I agree there is still plenty of season left to play, and who knows even though I am not very optimistic about our chances with the current coaching staff. However, I don't think we played the two best Big 12 teams back to back. KSU got embarrassed by BYU last weekend and Utah got drilled by Arizona yesterday.

I don’t think those are going to end up being the 2 best in the B12.

Considering how weak the B12 is, we probably win 4 maybe 5 for an 8 win season. BYU on that Friday night is the only definite loss I see. Then Gundy will convince everyone how much progress was made from early in the season, culture, this and that, and we get another mediocre bowl. Most will have forgotten the preseason expectations and how we underachieved and just be pleased with how the season ends.

Considering how weak the B12 is, we probably win 4 maybe 5 for an 8 win season. BYU on that Friday night is the only definite loss I see. Then Gundy will convince everyone how much progress was made from early in the season, culture, this and that, and we get another mediocre bowl. Most will have forgotten the preseason expectations and how we underachieved and just be pleased with how the season ends.
At TCU and at CU will be losses, I believe. But WVU, ASU and TT could be as well, given that we can't stop anyone--or score. We might hold on and eek out a 1pt win against UH.

At TCU and at CU will be losses, I believe. But WVU, ASU and TT could be as well, given that we can't stop anyone--or score. We might hold on and eke out a 1pt win against UH.
A little early to be predicting games in late October and November!!! You don’t even know what could happen before we play those games, any team, including OSU is a couple of major injuries from being shiny gold in September and October to being a lump of coal by November!!! It happened to OSU in 2022 when we came off a victory against Texas in late October at 6-1 only to basically lose Sanders pretty much for the rest of the season and then lose six out of seven including the bowl game because crtical injuries killed us in November!!! Also we don’t play UH but have Baylor on the schedule!!! 🤔

Huge difference is the fact South Alabama was a non conference game. We dropped games to 2 teams that will be in the hunt. They basically threw our chances in the dumpster. What we saw the first 5 games is the best this team is going to be.

A little early to be predicting games in late October and November!!! You don’t even know what could happen before we play those games, any team, including OSU is a couple of major injuries from being shiny gold in September and October to being a lump of coal by November!!! It happened to OSU in 2022 when we came off a victory against Texas in late October at 6-1 only to basically lose Sanders pretty much for the rest of the season and then lose six out of seven including the bowl game because crtical injuries killed us in November!!! Also we don’t play UH but have Baylor on the schedule!!! 🤔

That's fair, but given our current struggles (which I feel are going to continue) and the fact that we've got some guys hurt, as it currently stands, I don't see us getting a lot better on either side of the ball. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
At TCU and at CU will be losses, I believe. But WVU, ASU and TT could be as well, given that we can't stop anyone--or score. We might hold on and eek out a 1pt win against UH.

I guess if we played UH that might be possible but since we don’t I’d say not likely. Baylor and ASU are the only potential wins remaining and those not guaranteed. The rest of the games, WVU, TTech, BYU, Colorado and TCU are all unquestionably losses. Especially if Nick Martin is out for any length of time.

All these discussions about lame bowls are pointless, a 4-8 or 5-7 team is not going to a bowl of any kind!

To make matters worse, Gundy is going to ride Bowman out for the rest of this lost season which will result in Flores transferring instead of playing the next 7 games and being somewhat ready for next year.

Mike’s going to drive it back into the ground and leave it where he found it and go rattlesnake hunting!

I guess if we played UH that might be possible but since we don’t I’d say not likely. Baylor and ASU are the only potential wins remaining and those not guaranteed. The rest of the games, WVU, TTech, BYU, Colorado and TCU are all unquestionably losses. Especially if Nick Martin is out for any length of time.

All these discussions about lame bowls are pointless, a 4-8 or 5-7 team is not going to a bowl of any kind!

To make matters worse, Gundy is going to ride Bowman out for the rest of this lost season which will result in Flores transferring instead of playing the next 7 games and being somewhat ready for next year.

Mike’s going to drive it back into the ground and leave it where he found it and go rattlesnake hunting!

Glanced at the schedule, saw the red UU's --didn't look closely enough. If Gundy was ever going to compete for a championship before he retires, this was the year, because next year the cupboard is gonna be bare.

You're a troll. Well make a bowl and be in the conference championship hunt. Just had a bad week against a good team

Back