J D Vance Trump VP pick

Ok I’m done with the defund police talk…well, one more: she’s not wanting to do away with police!!
Where are you getting your info on her plans for taxes? I didn’t think she had come out with a plan yet…and what progressive policies?! Is that just a repub catch phrase?!
You may want to talk to some of the non-right-wing media sites and make sure they get the message. CNN, Mediate, and other lean left sites certainly interpret her comments to support the defund the police movement. I concur, no need for more Defund the Police talk.

As for the transactional tax policies, she proposed those during her run for Dem Pres nominee

Vance doubles down on Childless Cat Lady remarks today

J.D. Vance has doubled down on his “childless cat ladies” rant during a Friday appearance on the Megyn Kelly Show: "I’m sorry, it is true.”

Vance doubles down on Childless Cat Lady remarks today

J.D. Vance has doubled down on his “childless cat ladies” rant during a Friday appearance on the Megyn Kelly Show: "I’m sorry, it is true.”

keep it up james, you're doing good...

Last edited:
Then don’t be hypocritical. The inconsistency is remarkable. I started in this thread agreeing that what Vance said was stupid. Just like things that Harris has backed and said are worrisome to me. Yet, now you are splitting hairs of Harris’s word salad about defunding the police. Or CowboyJD remarkable lack of understanding regarding taxing transactions in 401Ks.

For me, I am much more worried about Harris raising taxes, introducing new taxes on retirement savings, and backing progressive policies that take away freedoms than I am with Vance’s stupid unconstitutional voting suggestion that takes away freedoms.
You need to think through that last part.

So basically you will trade voting rights (the foundation of democracy) for a few tax points?

It’s almost like you Magastanians think you will always be in power.

You need to think through that last part.

So basically you will trade voting rights (the foundation of democracy) for a few tax points?

It’s almost like you Magastanians think you will always be in power.
I think it's because he doesn't think JD Vance's stupid plans would ever get through courts. Voting changes take constitutional amendments. But tax changes are "easier".

I think it's because he doesn't think JD Vance's stupid plans would ever get through courts. Voting changes take constitutional amendments. But tax changes are "easier".
That is correct. Vance’s statements are dumb. Dumb mostly politically because it most certainly alienates more voters than it will attract.
But the constitution will not be changed for this.
However, taxes are easier to change. If Harris wins and somehow gets a Dem congress, they have told us they will raise taxes. And a new tax that could decrease the value of someone’s retirement account by 3%…no bueno.

Last edited:
Check what I said earlier. That was incorrect. The "huge" transaction tax on a million dollar stock move in my IRA would be $1000...not $2000.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

You are funny

1) Transactional tax proposal: JD accidentally confirmed the accuracy of what I posted with his article links.
2) Defund the Police: I posted one article from CNN this week that included that in the headline. But of course “it’s (D)ifferent”. Not sure why people can’t read what she is quoted as saying.
3) Most liberal Senator by GovTrack
4) Said Warren’s tax rates of 70% to 80% warranted discussion.
Actually I erred here. She was talking about AOC and not Warren.

2. I didn't see that article but I know from past experiences with you that when you think all the other people can't read it is because your interpretation is strange or a complete mischaracterization.
3. Did you read your own link?
“The statistic that Rep. Waltz is referring to was based on a single calendar year,” Tauberer said. “Several years ago we discontinued creating new single-calendar-year ‘report cards’: We determined that the limited data available in a single year was not sufficient to create a reliable portrait of the activity of legislators, particularly given the ebbs and flows of the legislative calendar, and therefore did not serve as a useful tool to our users and the American public.”
In other words, true but retracted as not sufficient for any interpretation.
4. Went asked if she wanted this enacted she said no. Why in the world would a politician not want to discuss tax policy?

That is correct. Vance’s statements are dumb. Dumb mostly politically because it most certainly alienates more voters than it will attract.
But the constitution will not be changed for this.
However, taxes are easier to change. If Harris wins and somehow gets a Dem congress, they have told us they will raise taxes. And a new tax that could decrease the value of someone’s retirement account by 3%…no bueno.
Where are you getting 3% tax on retirement accounts?

Where are you getting 3% tax on retirement accounts?
According to the American Retirement Association (ARA), the proposal claimed it would raise “well over $2 trillion” over a 10-year period through a few measures, including a tax on stock and bond trading with no apparent exception for retirement accounts.

“American workers aren’t day-traders. At a time when lawmakers claim to be so concerned about retirement income adequacy and the impact of 401k fees, it’s stunning that some would attack the retirement savings of hard-working Americans,” said ARA CEO Brian Graff in a July 29, 2019 statement denouncing the proposal.

The ARA cited a 2015 report by the Obama Administration’s Council of Economic Advisors on the impact of 401k fees, which said these kind of taxes could reduce an American’s retirement savings by as much as 3% over their working life.

According to the American Retirement Association (ARA), the proposal claimed it would raise “well over $2 trillion” over a 10-year period through a few measures, including a tax on stock and bond trading with no apparent exception for retirement accounts.

“American workers aren’t day-traders. At a time when lawmakers claim to be so concerned about retirement income adequacy and the impact of 401k fees, it’s stunning that some would attack the retirement savings of hard-working Americans,” said ARA CEO Brian Graff in a July 29, 2019 statement denouncing the proposal.

The ARA cited a 2015 report by the Obama Administration’s Council of Economic Advisors on the impact of 401k fees, which said these kind of taxes could reduce an American’s retirement savings by as much as 3% over their working life.
If the FTT is 0.2% each dollar would need to be traded 15 times a year to get to 3%. And, being that this tax would limit scalping by HFTs people would get better buys/sells which would increase the value of the account.

15 trades a year on each dollar isn't day trading, but it is a heavy swing trader which most 401ks are not. That is a blatant political overestimate.

If the FTT is 0.2% each dollar would need to be traded 15 times a year to get to 3%. And, being that this tax would limit scalping by HFTs people would get better buys/sells which would increase the value of the account.

15 trades a year on each dollar isn't day trading, but it is a heavy swing trader which most 401ks are not. That is a blatant political overestimate.
Why is it that every single time you ask for a link/source..I then send it, but you attack the source?

I am going to give you some grace to think about why your math requires some massaging. Do a little research. I know the poster above doesn’t understand it with his silly $2K amount, but I do think if you step-back and think about it you will understand the ARA’s estimates.
Hint: Think about what vehicles most retirement and many savings dollars go. And what occurs a lot inside those vehicles. 2nd Hint: especially with managed accounts

Last edited:
Gun control, environmental policies , hate speech etc. I'm not saying total freedom is a panacea, but the republicans claiming freedom is yet another falsehood.
See I guess you can say that they limit freedom but you could also say they are protecting freedom. Other than idiots like Beto no one is saying take their guns other than conservatives accusing Democrates of saying it. What we want is for our kids to live in less fear of being shot while at school and there are very good ways to do that without taking guns. Environmental policies are trying to save lives and limit our destruction of our environment. Hate speech is still legal.

See I guess you can say that they limit freedom but you could also say they are protecting freedom. Other than idiots like Beto no one is saying take their guns other than conservatives accusing Democrates of saying it. What we want is for our kids to live in less fear of being shot while at school and there are very good ways to do that without taking guns. Environmental policies are trying to save lives and limit our destruction of our environment. Hate speech is still legal.
So trying to limit freedom is protecting freedom?

GOP will tell you they “are trying to save lives” by being pro-life. I don’t buy their argument and I don’t buy yours.

Last edited:
Back