J D Vance Trump VP pick

The Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993 increased the maximum corporate tax rate to 35% for corporations with
taxable income over $10 million.
Corporations with taxable income over $15
million are subject to an additional tax of
3% of the excess over $15 million, or
$100,000, whichever is smaller

This was in place from 1993 to 2017.......
Mislead, mischaracterize, and misdirect.

It’s ALL he does.

Harris talked about Defund the Police multiple times

Harris on Defunding the Police fact check.org​

Vance said Harris “wanted to defund the police,” adding, “even Joe Biden never went so far as to say he wanted to defund the police.” Neither did Harris.

VanceRadford2.png
Sen. JD Vance, the Republican vice presidential nominee, speaks at a campaign rally on July 22 in Radford, Virginia. Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images.

Rather, in a series of interviews in mid-June 2020, Harris carefully drew out her position on the “defund the police” movement that arose in the wake of protests and riots in response to the death of George Floyd, a Black man, after a white police officer kneeled on his neck during an arrest in Minneapolis on May 25, 2020.

In her interviews, Harris talked about “reimagining public safety and how we achieve it.” The answer, she said, is not “more police on the streets” but rather investing more in struggling communities — in things such as education, job creation, affordable housing and health care — as a way to make them safer. She never agreed that that meant slashing or eliminating police budgets.

As we have written, there is no agreed upon definition for the term “defund the police.” Some critics of the police, who believe there is systemic racism in law enforcement, really do want to abolish police forces and replace them with other community safety entities. Others advocate shifting some money and functions away from police departments to social service agencies.

Amid the Floyd protests, Harris put herself at the forefront of the debate about police conduct. On June 8, 2020, she co-sponsored a bill that sought to increase accountability for law enforcement misconduct and to eliminate discriminatory policing practices. At that time, Biden was the presumptive Democratic nominee. Harris was picked as Biden’s vice presidential running mate until August.

In an interview on ABC’s “The View” the same day, June 8, 2020, Meghan McCain asked if Harris supported “defunding and removing police from American communities.”

Harris, ABC’s “The View,” June 8, 2020: I think that a big part of this conversation really is about reimagining how we do public safety in America. Which I support, which is this: We have confused the idea that to achieve safety, you put more cops on the street instead of understanding to achieve safe and healthy communities you put more resources into the public education system of those communities, into affordable housing, into home ownership, into access to capital for small businesses and access to health care regardless of how much money people have. That’s how you achieve safe and healthy communities. …

Here’s the other thing, when I talk to law enforcement, they know that they don’t want to be nor are they skilled to be the ones who are responding to someone with mental illness or substance abuse or–or the homeless population, but in many cities, that’s what’s happening because we are not directing those resources, those public resources to where they need to go, which is addressing mental health, homelessness, substance abuse, so that we don’t have to have a police response because we are smarter.

McCain: … Are you for defunding the police?

Harris: How are you defining “defund the police”?

McCain: Well, I’m not for anything remotely for that, so I would ask the protesters the same thing, but I … assume it’s removing police, and as congresswoman Ilhan Omar said, bringing in a whole new way of governing and a law and order into a community.

Harris: … So, again, we need to reimagine how we are achieving public safety in America and to have cities where one-third of their entire budget is going to policing but yet there is a dire need in those same cities for mental health resources, for resources going into public schools, resources going into job training and job creation.

Harris hit the same themes in an interview the same day on MSNBC, adding, “We don’t want police officers to be dealing with the homeless issue. We don’t want police officers to be dealing with substance abuse and mental health. No — we should be putting those resources into our public health systems, we should be looking at our budgets and asking, ‘Are we getting the best return on our investment as taxpayers?’”

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “Good Morning America” the following day, June 9, 2020, Harris said accusations from Trump that radical left Democrats supported defunding the police, Harris characterized that as “creating fear where none is necessary.” In that same interview, she said she applauded then-Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti’s proposal to reallocate about $150 million from policing to health and youth initiatives. And she again stressed the need to “invest in communities” to make them healthy and safer.

“We have to stop militarization of police,” Harris said. “But that doesn’t mean we get rid of police. Of course not. We have to be practical about this.”

In a Sept. 6, 2020, interview on CNN, after she was the Democrats’ vice presidential nominee, Harris was asked about a quote from her 2009 book about support for more police on the streets, and how that jibed with her more recent position that increasing the number of police officers was not the answer for safer communities.

“What I would say now is what I would say then, which is I want to make sure that if a woman is raped, a child is molested, one human being murders another human being, that there will be a police officer that responds to that case and that there will be accountability and consequence for the offender,” Harris responded.

So Harris advocated investing more in struggling communities as a means to make them safer, and she discussed redefining government roles so that social service and mental health agencies respond to some emergencies rather than police. But she didn’t call for eliminating police departments, as the “defund the police” phrase suggests.

When did the tax rate for investment gains and dividends drop? Thought it used to be taxed like any other income. I am not a of the current low rate for stock gains and dividend. It benefits those that have extra income to invest vs working people living paycheck to paycheck.

JT as always wants to lower taxes any way possible, to include on the most wealthy... and this is something I full disagree with him on.

Vance said Harris “wanted to defund the police,” adding, “even Joe Biden never went so far as to say he wanted to defund the police.” Neither did Harris.

VanceRadford2.png
Sen. JD Vance, the Republican vice presidential nominee, speaks at a campaign rally on July 22 in Radford, Virginia. Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images.

Rather, in a series of interviews in mid-June 2020, Harris carefully drew out her position on the “defund the police” movement that arose in the wake of protests and riots in response to the death of George Floyd, a Black man, after a white police officer kneeled on his neck during an arrest in Minneapolis on May 25, 2020.

In her interviews, Harris talked about “reimagining public safety and how we achieve it.” The answer, she said, is not “more police on the streets” but rather investing more in struggling communities — in things such as education, job creation, affordable housing and health care — as a way to make them safer. She never agreed that that meant slashing or eliminating police budgets.

As we have written, there is no agreed upon definition for the term “defund the police.” Some critics of the police, who believe there is systemic racism in law enforcement, really do want to abolish police forces and replace them with other community safety entities. Others advocate shifting some money and functions away from police departments to social service agencies.

Amid the Floyd protests, Harris put herself at the forefront of the debate about police conduct. On June 8, 2020, she co-sponsored a bill that sought to increase accountability for law enforcement misconduct and to eliminate discriminatory policing practices. At that time, Biden was the presumptive Democratic nominee. Harris was picked as Biden’s vice presidential running mate until August.

In an interview on ABC’s “The View” the same day, June 8, 2020, Meghan McCain asked if Harris supported “defunding and removing police from American communities.”

Harris hit the same themes in an interview the same day on MSNBC, adding, “We don’t want police officers to be dealing with the homeless issue. We don’t want police officers to be dealing with substance abuse and mental health. No — we should be putting those resources into our public health systems, we should be looking at our budgets and asking, ‘Are we getting the best return on our investment as taxpayers?’”

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “Good Morning America” the following day, June 9, 2020, Harris said accusations from Trump that radical left Democrats supported defunding the police, Harris characterized that as “creating fear where none is necessary.” In that same interview, she said she applauded then-Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti’s proposal to reallocate about $150 million from policing to health and youth initiatives. And she again stressed the need to “invest in communities” to make them healthy and safer.

“We have to stop militarization of police,” Harris said. “But that doesn’t mean we get rid of police. Of course not. We have to be practical about this.”

In a Sept. 6, 2020, interview on CNN, after she was the Democrats’ vice presidential nominee, Harris was asked about a quote from her 2009 book about support for more police on the streets, and how that jibed with her more recent position that increasing the number of police officers was not the answer for safer communities.

“What I would say now is what I would say then, which is I want to make sure that if a woman is raped, a child is molested, one human being murders another human being, that there will be a police officer that responds to that case and that there will be accountability and consequence for the offender,” Harris responded.

So Harris advocated investing more in struggling communities as a means to make them safer, and she discussed redefining government roles so that social service and mental health agencies respond to some emergencies rather than police. But she didn’t call for eliminating police departments, as the “defund the police” phrase suggests.
Defund the police was a horribly worded name to that movement. It was largely about oversight/accountability and behavior correction along not having police respond to situations that need a softer touch.

VanceRadford2.png

Mislead, mischaracterize, misdirect.

It’s who he is and all he has.

Oh well, I guess the party is over.

Yet another lie from a liar.

As usual JD is completely on to your schtick.

I posted the exact proposal.

You continue to mislead, mischaracterize, and misdirect….and make claims without actually citing to supporting sources or facts.

Btw, I’m quite happy with my present financial standing thanks. That attempted insult was hilarious. Checkbook smack is always a sign of insecurity by the person making it. As if the measure of a human being is how much money they have.
Do you truly not understand what Harris proposed while running for the nominee or do you just always impulsively defend far left views?

JT as always wants to lower taxes any way possible, to include on the most wealthy... and this is something I full disagree with him on.
Yes I do want lower taxes for all. I am a libertarian and generally always lean on the side of protecting freedoms.

But Harris’s financial transaction tax did not have income limits. It affected all. Think how many employees have pensions that would have received large tax bills.

Last edited:
Do you truly not understand what Harris proposed while running for the nominee or do you just always impulsively defend far left views?
Mislead, mischaracterize, and misdirect.

At least you’re consistent.

Yes I do want lower taxes for all. I a libertarian and generally always lean on the side of protecting freedoms.

But Harris’s financial transaction tax did not have income limits. It affected all. Think how many employees have pensions that would have received large tax bills.
It was on transactions going forward, NOT on holdings already held.

VanceRadford2.png

Dang that right wing CNN News

Title of article: Kamala Harris praised “defund the police” movement in June 2020 radio interview.

What has he said that was factually incorrect? I want to see truth on this.

JD I wasn't questioning you, I wanted to see what JT had seen that might be counter. It was a call to defend his position and cite his work.

lol. Please tell me you are not claiming that 401ks and IRAs routinely have a lot of transactions. And managed pensions may have a ton.
I’m not claiming anything other than what I said….your attempts at mischaracterizing what I said notwithstanding.

You made a claim that pension and 401K and IRA holders would receive a large tax bill on the holdings they already had.

That was categorically false.

JD I wasn't questioning you, I wanted to see what JT had seen that might be counter. It was a call to defend his position and cite his work.
His history here shows that isn’t going to happen.

Didn’t feel like you were questioning me. I was just citing more evidence of what her proposal actually was.

The articles that JD just pasted above, especially the top two, are accurate. Surprised he posted it, but kudos to him.
The links in each article within the stories are good.

I’m not claiming anything other than what I said….your attempts at mischaracterizing what I said notwithstanding.

You made a claim that pension and 401K and IRA holders would receive a large tax bill on the holdings they already had.

That was categorically false.
You still don’t get it. WOW.

Maybe Vance would be better served proposing a limit on voters that don’t understand finances than limits of votes based on children.

Back