J D Vance Trump VP pick

First, what Vance said was stupid and pandering to his audience. Definitely do not support his statement.

Second, Harris is running for an executive position. So not sure how you are aligning your thoughts.
* Harris talked about Defund the Police multiple times
* She said Warren’s proposal of 70% to 80% tax rate warranted discussion
* She supported a massive wealth transfer with student debt
* She was ranked the MOST liberal Senator by non-partisan GovTrack
* She proposed, as a Presidential candidate, a huge new financial transaction tax.
*Including taxing 401k and IRA (not distributions, but holdings)
* Taxing public pension plans
Links please.

The internet is full of vague claims that so-and-so said. I need something concrete, specifics, like Vance laid out.

The articles that JD just pasted above, especially the top two, are accurate. Surprised he posted it, but kudos to him.
The links in each article within the stories are good.
I will say I'm not a fan of the rental tax credit. I'm afraid that will just exacerbate the housing cost issue. Needs to instead be regulation on what can be charged.

Oh well, I guess the party is over.

Yet another lie from a liar. You made it a whole 20 days.

As usual JD is completely on to your schtick.

I posted the exact proposal.

You continue to mislead, mischaracterize, and misdirect….and make claims without actually citing to supporting sources or facts.

Btw, I’m quite happy with my present financial standing thanks. That attempted insult was hilarious. Checkbook smack is always a sign of insecurity by the person making it. As if the measure of a human being is how much money they have.
Even I know I will at some point be dumb enough to respond to him again. No way he doesn’t respond to you.

Is this still the jd Vance thread? And is this his legal or preferred name?
Good point.

JD Vance thread has been misdirected when we have a Harris thread now.

This discussion more properly belongs there.

“JD” is his preferred name….now.

He’s gone through several name changes through the years…one official/legal change.

Do you truly not understand what Harris proposed while running for the nominee or do you just always impulsively defend far left views?
More mischaracterization and misleading.

I’m haven’t defended what Harris proposed while running for the nomination in 2020.

I’ve not once indicated I am in favor of those proposals.

Not once.

I’ve merely accurately established what those proposals actually are in response to your mischaracterizations.

I’ve merely accurately established what those proposals actually are in response to your mischaracterizations.
And you posted two articles, thank you by the way, that confirmed my initial statement about her financial transaction tax.

Suggestion: Might want to read the article you post prior.

Explain what you think defund the police means.
To you and the articles…
u seem to be confused as to how she explained what defunding the police was/is…
Ahh, back to that’s (D)ifferent.
Or is this apples to oranges?

Are you going to claim that CNN is right-wing news? Or revisionist history?

You clearly didn’t read beyond the headline to see what she actually said.

Par for the course.

Here’s a tip for you….headlines aren’t facts….quotes are facts.

Links please.

The internet is full of vague claims that so-and-so said. I need something concrete, specifics, like Vance laid out.
You are funny

1) Transactional tax proposal: JD accidentally confirmed the accuracy of what I posted with his article links.
2) Defund the Police: I posted one article from CNN this week that included that in the headline. But of course “it’s (D)ifferent”. Not sure why people can’t read what she is quoted as saying.
3) Most liberal Senator by GovTrack
4) Said Warren’s tax rates of 70% to 80% warranted discussion.
Actually I erred here. She was talking about AOC and not Warren.

Last edited:

I simply asked what defund the police means to you…I assume that you immediately think like a lot of repubs, and think it’s to do away with police…I also now must assume that you do not read the articles…finally I now assume that you like to argue to argue…I had a friend once who did that…wanted to argue and take a side to Anything but always lost on technicalities of not knowing wtf he was talking about…not saying that is you, just reminds me of him…

I simply asked what defund the police means to you…I assume that you immediately think like a lot of repubs, and think it’s to do away with police…I also now must assume that you do not read the articles…finally I now assume that you like to argue to argue…I had a friend once who did that…wanted to argue and take a side to Anything but always lost on technicalities of not knowing wtf he was talking about…not saying that is you, just reminds me of him…
Then don’t be hypocritical. The inconsistency is remarkable. I started in this thread agreeing that what Vance said was stupid. Just like things that Harris has backed and said are worrisome to me. Yet, now you are splitting hairs of Harris’s word salad about defunding the police. Or CowboyJD remarkable lack of understanding regarding taxing transactions in 401Ks.

For me, I am much more worried about Harris raising taxes, introducing new taxes on retirement savings, and backing progressive policies that take away freedoms than I am with Vance’s stupid unconstitutional voting suggestion that takes away freedoms.

Last edited:
Speaking of hypocrisy and inconsistency…..

This “huge” tax bill someone’s claiming comes to $2,000 when I cash out a million dollars worth of stock from my 401(k).

And was specifically to fund a proposal that is no longer being advanced by Harris.

Then don’t be hypocritical. The inconsistency is remarkable. I started in this thread agreeing that what Vance said was stupid. Just like things that Harris has backed and said are worrisome to me. Yet, now you are splitting hairs of Harris’s word salad about defunding the police. Or CowboyJD remarkable lack of understanding regarding taxing transactions in 401Ks.

For me, I am much more worried about Harris raising taxes, introducing new taxes on retirement savings, and backing progressive policies that take away freedoms than I am with Vance’s stupid unconstitutional voting suggestion that takes away freedoms.
Ok I’m done with the defund police talk…well, one more: she’s not wanting to do away with police!!
Where are you getting your info on her plans for taxes? I didn’t think she had come out with a plan yet…and what progressive policies?! Is that just a repub catch phrase?!

Ok I’m done with the defund police talk…well, one more: she’s not wanting to do away with police!!
Where are you getting your info on her plans for taxes? I didn’t think she had come out with a plan yet…and what progressive policies?! Is that just a repub catch phrase?!
He's going back to 2020 EARLY election cycle

Back