J D Vance Trump VP pick

Here's video of JD Vance in 2021 saying that the reason he received bad press from the mainstream media is because most journalists are "unhappy," "miserable," and "angry" due to the fact they're "childless adults." It's not just Kamala Harris. He really has a thing about non-parents.

Hates cops

View attachment 6041

It's too bad he sold his soul for Trump. A republican who has really progressive ideology when it comes to personal matters but is fiscally responsible. Had things gone differently he had the potential to be a unifying and dynamic politician.

Man, what could have been here.

You asked for the 3% reference and I provided. In your zeal to argue the answer provided..you simply just didn’t take the time to think about 401K vehicles, how they work, and why the ARA’s estimate..if anything may be low.
A FTT occurs on any stock trade. For a retirement account or traded savings account that could be 1) the initial contribution twice per month for a 401k; 2) that also include trades during turnover (ie managed 401k with stocks bought and sold); 3) includes cap gains and dividends reinvested (although I will exclude that in the below example for simplicity)

Example: A 25-year old starting a 401K with a $50k salary that grows 3% annually. Let’s estimate 8% market growth annually. This person contributes 15% of his salary to 401k with no company match. To keep it low, let’s say the 401K vehicle is a relatively non-active mutual fund with a low 5% turnover rate. When he is 65 years of age, his 401K is worth ~$3.15. However, if that same portfolio was subject to the proposed FTT, his account would be reduced by 3.3% and be $3.0M.

Retirement reduction of $100k+ in this example. And that is with an extremely low mutual fund turnover rate (not someone with a large amount of trades within their 401K) and not including trades for capital gains and dividend reinvestments.
Why is your example random numbers over many years that can't be followed because no work is shown? The only lesson here is the power of compounding interest. Gee, if he had started at age 24 instead of that stupid year he spent working for low wage at the ski slopes and partying he would have had $175000 MORE!!!!!

Do one year of basic numbers that make sense. For example, Joe gets to put $10000 in his account for a year. His return is 10% that year. Show me exactly how you figure out the difference in what he ends up with at the end of that one year.

Why is your example random numbers over many years that can't be followed because no work is shown? The only lesson here is the power of compounding interest. Gee, if he had started at age 24 instead of that stupid year he spent working for low wage at the ski slopes and partying he would have had $175000 MORE!!!!!

Do one year of basic numbers that make sense. For example, Joe gets to put $10000 in his account for a year. His return is 10% that year. Show me exactly how you figure out the difference in what he ends up with at the end of that one year.
simon cowell facepalm GIF

Wow

Hates cops

View attachment 6041

Unearthed video: JD Vance thanks Project 2025 leaders for their “incredible work” of creating a plan for Trump to ban abortion nationwide and cut Social Security

my maga buddy was pissed off this AM, "effing Vance is gonna lose the election! trump had it won, and now this guy won't shut his mouth!!" :ROFLMAO:

"Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) acknowledged — but did not condemn — white supremacist attacks aimed at his wife, Usha Vance, over her Indian descent on Friday.
“Look, I love my wife so much. I love her because she’s who she is,” former President Donald Trump’s running mate told Megyn Kelly on her SiriusXM show.
“Obviously, she’s not a white person, and we’ve been accused — attacked — by some white supremacists over that,” he continued. “But I just — I love Usha. She’s such a good mom, she’s such a brilliant lawyer and I’m so proud of her.”

"Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) acknowledged — but did not condemn — white supremacist attacks aimed at his wife, Usha Vance, over her Indian descent on Friday.
“Look, I love my wife so much. I love her because she’s who she is,” former President Donald Trump’s running mate told Megyn Kelly on her SiriusXM show.
“Obviously, she’s not a white person, and we’ve been accused — attacked — by some white supremacists over that,” he continued. “But I just — I love Usha. She’s such a good mom, she’s such a brilliant lawyer and I’m so proud of her.”
Well, if you had any concerns that his "change of heart" regarding Trump was just a political move I guess this confirms it. Can't piss off the white supremacist contingent of MAGA voters just because they think your wife is not worthy of being in the country.

Of course, it shouldn't cause a marital riff given that she seems ready to give up principles to climb that politcal ladder too.

Usha Vance told friends Trump appalled her. Now she’s working to elect him.​

The potential second lady found Trump’s actions on Jan. 6 “deeply disturbing,” a friend said. But ambition and devotion to her husband ultimately drove her to a place in the former president’s campaign.

During her rise through America’s most prestigious schools, law firms and judicial clerkships, Usha Vance rarely — if ever — volunteered her opinions on the nation’s bitterly partisan politics to friends and colleagues.

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

But she did express revulsion at former president Donald Trump’s actions on Jan. 6, 2021.

Vance told friends she was outraged by Trump’s incitement of the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol and lamented the social breakdown that fueled his political support, according to one friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive conversations. Her view at the time contrasts with the later pronouncements of her husband and Trump’s newly minted running mate, JD Vance, who has downplayedthe storming of the Capitol and called participants who were jailed “political prisoners.”

“Usha found the incursion on the Capitol and Trump’s role in it to be deeply disturbing,” the friend recalled. “She was generally appalled by Trump, from the moment of his first election.”

Speaking the morning after Usha Vance introduced her husband at the Republican National Convention and watched his speech from the same VIP box as Trump, the friend added, “It was surreal to see her sitting next to him last night.”

Well, if you had any concerns that his "change of heart" regarding Trump was just a political move I guess this confirms it. Can't piss off the white supremacist contingent of MAGA voters just because they think your wife is not worthy of being in the country.

Of course, it shouldn't cause a marital riff given that she seems ready to give up principles to climb that politcal ladder too.

Usha Vance told friends Trump appalled her. Now she’s working to elect him.​

The potential second lady found Trump’s actions on Jan. 6 “deeply disturbing,” a friend said. But ambition and devotion to her husband ultimately drove her to a place in the former president’s campaign.

During her rise through America’s most prestigious schools, law firms and judicial clerkships, Usha Vance rarely — if ever — volunteered her opinions on the nation’s bitterly partisan politics to friends and colleagues.

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

But she did express revulsion at former president Donald Trump’s actions on Jan. 6, 2021.

Vance told friends she was outraged by Trump’s incitement of the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol and lamented the social breakdown that fueled his political support, according to one friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive conversations. Her view at the time contrasts with the later pronouncements of her husband and Trump’s newly minted running mate, JD Vance, who has downplayedthe storming of the Capitol and called participants who were jailed “political prisoners.”

“Usha found the incursion on the Capitol and Trump’s role in it to be deeply disturbing,” the friend recalled. “She was generally appalled by Trump, from the moment of his first election.”

Speaking the morning after Usha Vance introduced her husband at the Republican National Convention and watched his speech from the same VIP box as Trump, the friend added, “It was surreal to see her sitting next to him last night.”
MAGA Republicans are like reeds in the wind. They stand for nothing but chaos approaching anarchy. Whatever DJT wants, country, will of the people, and Constitution be damned.

Unearthed video: JD Vance says people who don’t have children are “sociopathic,” “psychotic,” and “deranged”

Watch for yourself

Unearthed video: JD Vance says he and Trump will “go to war against” childless people, who he calls “sad, lonely, and pathetic”: “They should feel like their life is inadequate”

Watch for yourself

Unearthed video: JD Vance says he and Trump will “go to war against” childless people, who he calls “sad, lonely, and pathetic”: “They should feel like their life is inadequate”
did Jesus have children?! asking for a friend...

Back