Harris 2024 election thread

Is this a whataboutism?
Kinda but not really. You're talking media not wanting to cover potentially important events/stories to the election. Could be whatabouting if you are having this discussion just in general and not election related.

Trump's 1 billion trips and parties (intentional exaggeration because I dont want to look up the actual count) with Epstein is a potentially more major story since it's the candidate's own actions vs actions taken by an independent 3rd party.

Last edited:
Kinda but not really. You're talking media not wanting to cover potentially important events/stories to the election. Could be whatabouting if you are having this discussion just in general and not election related.

Trump's 1 billion trips and parties (intentional exaggeration because I dont want to look up the actual count) with Epstein is a potentially more major story since it's the candidate's own actions vs actions taken by an independent 3rd party.
Then take it to the Trump thread. Sheesh. It's like trying to have a discussion with some kind of cult. Bottom line is, Harris, who the thread is about, raised money to free previously convicted murderers and rapists.

Then take it to the Trump thread. Sheesh. It's like trying to have a discussion with some kind of cult. Bottom line is, Harris, who the thread is about, raised money to free previously convicted murderers and rapists.
No. She helped raise money for a 3rd party to provide bail for people awaiting trail. It was to the 3rd party to decide who got that money. I will agree with you that I'm not a fan of some who got that aid, but you guys present this like she personally went to jail looked for violent criminals and then made the jail release them.

If you can show she had any say in who got the aid then you have something. Until then I take this as she was attempting to support people arrested for low level crimes not having their lives ended because they could afford bail and would sit in jail for months waiting for trial.

But to give you something. No I'm not a fan of the outcome and her continued support after circumstances around a few released.

I’m not gonna try to fact check your stats, I’ll just say that the freedom fund is a way to post bail for people who can’t afford it…seems like a good cause to me, with the whole presumed innocent thing, and when you help thousands of people you’re bound to “help” out a few rotten ones. If I were to encourage people to donate to this or even donated myself, I shouldn’t be responsible for that rare occasion of bailing out a bad one…JMO…
The concept of bail is to ensure a person shows up to face their charges. This organization removes that incentive. So yes, there should be some responsibility taken if that money bails out a bad one.

The concept of bail is to ensure a person shows up to face their charges. This organization removes that incentive. So yes, there should be some responsibility taken if that money bails out a bad one.
I disagree...not gonna rehash what I've already said...you can help an individual out, but also have no control over any of their actions...
the man that representative Emmer spoke about when trying to trash Kamala was Shawn Michael Tillman, who was bailed out for an indecent exposure charge...

Since its inception, the Freedom Fund has posted criminal bail for 2,537 people charged and awaiting trial in jail, and another 463 immigration bonds, according to data provided by the organization as of May. The bail fund's staff describe its mission as a way to level the playing field in the system of cash bail in America, where impoverished people sit in jail despite being presumed innocent because they can't pay nominal fees.

"That's one of our core beliefs that motivates our work: Everyone, regardless of wealth, is entitled to this presumption of innocence," said Freedom Fund spokesperson Noble Frank.

anywho, I am done with this topic...

Is this a whataboutism?
Call it what you want. You are so up in arms over Harris donating to a fund that bailed Rapist out of jail but don’t give one care about Trump being all over the Epstein docs. I don’t believe you actually care other than because it’s a democrat. The amount of evidence that shows Trump is a sexual predator you just ignore but care that Harris donated to a fund, that at some point without her dictating who, bailed out a rapist. Make it make sense.

The concept of Bail is BS. It only really effects lower income.

It's a weird situation.

I was OK with Kamala Harris as attorney general in California ( I live in Los Angeles) no real negative opinion.

when she was a senator, I felt her Kavanaugh questions were grandstandy, performative and weird. Even for Congress

When she ran for president, and Tulsi Gabbard ended her in a debate (the same one she called Joe Biden a racist) She had to reset herself on national TV. She wound up dropping out of the race before the Democratic Primary despite having the largest bankroll (outside of Michael Bloomberg)

She took the VP job, which I don't fault her for. It's weird how Biden used her gender and ethnicity to somewhat token her. I don't blame her for that. It was an out of touch move by an out of touch dude. It seems like Biden clearly wasn't the president, and whatever her responsibilities were, she didn't come off great in them.

Her interviews were awkward and meandering. "We're at the border right now" "The future is unburdened by the past" Claiming she smoked weed in college while listening to Snoop and 2Pac (She graduated law school in 1990, 2Pac's debut was in 1991, Snoop's 1993)

The Democrats ensuring there was no primary in 2024, Fixing the 2020 primary so Biden wouldn't have to face Bernie and not campaigning. threatening candidates who ran against Biden and canceling primaries in a few states.

It's weird, she has no major accomplishments. other than a great theatric performance in Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing. It would be different if you're looking at Andy Brashear, Gretchen Whitmer, or Gavin Newsom (Democratic governors of Kentucky, Michigan and California)

She's a prosecuting attorney, and she was good at that. She's good at performative stuff. She doesn't exude a lot of confidence and has no major policy or campaigning experience.

It feels she's just the DNC's choice. Which concerns me even more.

It's obvious the RNC doesn't love Trump, but they at least acknowledge that the voters prefer Trump over establishment candidates.

I'm in California, it's not like my vote matters. I'm partially Jewish and I'd still vote for Kanye over her.

EDIT: It's also weird when Democrats have said the Republicans want to dismantle the democracy over voting rules. It's not the same thing, because it is internally a Democrat thing vs. a General Election, but it is weird behavior.

I'm a Democrat on most social issues, I'm more leftist than Democrat on financial issues.
I'm not anti- Republican, I look at issues individually, I just tend to lean leftist, Democrat more often
I liked the Democrats a lot more when they valued Organized Labor instead of Organized Banks.

Last edited:
Call it what you want. You are so up in arms over Harris donating to a fund that bailed Rapist out of jail but don’t give one care about Trump being all over the Epstein docs. I don’t believe you actually care other than because it’s a democrat. The amount of evidence that shows Trump is a sexual predator you just ignore but care that Harris donated to a fund, that at some point without her dictating who, bailed out a rapist. Make it make sense.
There are a lot of people all over the Epstein docs, when it is proven that Trump is a pedophile, I'll be the first to denounce him. Meanwhile, it's just fine for pedoJoe to sniff children and shower with his daughter.

There! There's a whataboutism for ya.

There are a lot of people all over the Epstein docs, when it is proven that Trump is a pedophile, I'll be the first to denounce him. Meanwhile, it's just fine for pedoJoe to sniff children and shower with his daughter.

There! There's a whataboutism for ya.
Here’s another Trump wants to have sex with his daughter. You’re only calling out one side I don’t believe you actually care.

It's a weird situation.

I was OK with Kamala Harris as attorney general in California ( I live in Los Angeles) no real negative opinion.

when she was a senator, I felt her Kavanaugh questions were grandstandy, performative and weird. Even for Congress

When she ran for president, and Tulsi Gabbard ended her in a debate (the same one she called Joe Biden a racist) She had to reset herself on national TV. She wound up dropping out of the race before the Democratic Primary despite having the largest bankroll (outside of Michael Bloomberg)

She took the VP job, which I don't fault her for. It's weird how Biden used her gender and ethnicity to somewhat token her. I don't blame her for that. It was an out of touch move by an out of touch dude. It seems like Biden clearly wasn't the president, and whatever her responsibilities were, she didn't come off great in them.

Her interviews were awkward and meandering. "We're at the border right now" "The future is unburdened by the past" Claiming she smoked weed in college while listening to Snoop and 2Pac (She graduated law school in 1990, 2Pac's debut was in 1991, Snoop's 1993)

The Democrats ensuring there was no primary in 2024, Fixing the 2020 primary so Biden wouldn't have to face Bernie and not campaigning. threatening candidates who ran against Biden and canceling primaries in a few states.

It's weird, she has no major accomplishments. other than a great theatric performance in Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing. It would be different if you're looking at Andy Brashear, Gretchen Whitmer, or Gavin Newsom (Democratic governors of Kentucky, Michigan and California)

She's a prosecuting attorney, and she was good at that. She's good at performative stuff. She doesn't exude a lot of confidence and has no major policy or campaigning experience.

It feels she's just the DNC's choice. Which concerns me even more.

It's obvious the RNC doesn't love Trump, but they at least acknowledge that the voters prefer Trump over establishment candidates.

I'm in California, it's not like my vote matters. I'm partially Jewish and I'd still vote for Kanye over her.
All the candidates are going to have flaws because they are human beings. We're not electing Gods with the most perfect backgrounds.

Since Kanye or Ye has been interviewed by Alex Jones at least once, I would never vote for him unless I felt like making a joke vote. He's so far out of whack, it even made Jones cringe.

Back