Bud Light Controversy Spreads to Target, Sending the Stock Lower

You want to go to Nashville and absorb the atmosphere then do that. There are hundreds of old Nashville spots where history actually happened, take one of the many tours and learn who did what and where… but these celebrity named clip joints are the Family Dollar of bars that exist only to sell bad bar food and sell t shirts and tchotchkes to tourists. It’s not like Garth worked in this place or it was instrumental in the making of any of his music. It’ll be a TGI Friday’s with sawdust on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
been to Nashville, visited a few bars where live performers were doing their thing...loved it...as for Garth and other stars who open TGIF bars with sawdust, more power to them...if I were 'famous' and could open up a bar for kicks and giggles and $$$ I'd probably do it...

You presume a lot, but even if you are right about the nature of the bar….there isn’t anything particularly douchey about giving the mass of tourists what they want.

Probably wouldn’t be my cup of tea as I have my local Nashville joints that I prefer going to, but I don’t begrudge him opening it or the people that will want to go there.

Lots of people actually like TGI Friday’s. Maybe even prefer it over a…let’s say….a local hole in the wall taqueria or something. Different strokes and all that.

I presume a lot because I’ve seen a lot. Margaritaville and Guy Fieri say hi!

I presume a lot because I’ve seen a lot. Margaritaville and Guy Fieri say hi!

Cool.

I get it….you prefer “cool” “authentic“ places over chains and touristy places….me too.

That still doesn’t make someone that markets to the masses or the masses that go there douchey. Different strokes and whatnot.

IMO, what IS douchey is calling others that just because you don’t like the types of restaurants they open and make money from when they are popular.

Cool.

I get it….you prefer “cool” “authentic“ places over chains and touristy places….me too.

That still doesn’t make someone that markets to the masses or the masses that go there douchey. Different strokes and whatnot.

IMO, what IS douchey is calling others that just because you don’t like the types of restaurants they open and make money from when they are popular.

Ok , whatever… thanks for the input. I’ve explained my position on the subject pretty thoroughly and I’m happy to either have a discussion about it or just move on, but in the end if you don’t like or agree with it it doesn’t effect me or my opinion in the least. Browsing through this category you seem to be argumentative to someone on practically any topic in every thread. Not conversational, just a preachy ultimumbler to anyone with a differing opinion or viewpoint. You’re turning into the epitome of a troll. While it’s a little impressive that you have that kind of free time, I feel you can do better.

Ok , whatever… thanks for the input. I’ve explained my position on the subject pretty thoroughly and I’m happy to either have a discussion about it or just move on, but in the end if you don’t like or agree with it it doesn’t effect me or my opinion in the least. Browsing through this category you seem to be argumentative to someone on practically any topic in every thread. Not conversational, just a preachy ultimumbler to anyone with a differing opinion or viewpoint. You’re turning into the epitome of a troll. While it’s a little impressive that you have that kind of free time, I feel you can do better.

Calls someone douchey.

Calls someone the epitome of a troll for calling his behavior in doing that douchey.

Animated GIF

I quoted his post calling Bud Light boycotters assholes and saying they weren't welcome in his bar and pointed out that was more provocative than wisihing homophobes an "uncomfortable month".

And made fun of your repeated posts claiming to know people's intent and motives including this one to which I was responding where you commented on his motives and strategies....

You claim he seems to understand that being an a--hole isn't a great strategy.

He called people that disagree with him a--holes in his own statement. You're equating wishing someone an "uncomfortable month" with physical violence over and over again, but claim that calling a group of people a--holes is "understanding that being a a--hole isn't a great strategy"....and is a promoting "loving one another".....by calling other people a--holes.

Which is a moronic position to take.
You do realize Garth is about Garth. Don't read more into his statement than is there. He's placaring both sides.

Your mistake was using the “douchey” in your original post. It’s like a JD bat signal. Rookie mistake.

You do realize Garth is about Garth. Don't read more into his statement than is there. He's placaring both sides.
assuming you meant placating...so I will argue that he is not trying to appease both sides when he says if you want to be an @$$hole, you can go to other places on lower brodway...If I'm one of the 'snowflakes' (JMO) that is boycotting bud light, I'm taking it as he is calling me an @$$hole...maybe I'm interpreting wrong...and when he says he wants everyone to feel safe and love one another, it sounds like he is saying 'regardless of what and/or who you are'...again, I could be interpreting wrong, but it sounds to me he is 'taking a side/stand'.

assuming you meant placating...so I will argue that he is not trying to appease both sides when he says if you want to be an @$$hole, you can go to other places on lower brodway...If I'm one of the 'snowflakes' (JMO) that is boycotting bud light, I'm taking it as he is calling me an @$$hole...maybe I'm interpreting wrong...and when he says he wants everyone to feel safe and love one another, it sounds like he is saying 'regardless of what and/or who you are'...again, I could be interpreting wrong, but it sounds to me he is 'taking a side/stand'.
You are entitled to believe as you want.

He’s placating both sides by calling out one of the sides as a—holes?

That makes sense. :rolleyes:

A far worse and much more disgusting situation in society is human trafficking in which women and children are taken and sold for sex. Not enough is being done to try to stop it. I bet pimps love seeing page after page of social media posts seemingly indicating people are a hell of a lot more concerned and upset over Bud Lite's legal business relationship with a transgender.

A far worse and much more disgusting situation in society is human trafficking in which women and children are taken and sold for sex. Not enough is being done to try to stop it. I bet pimps love seeing page after page of social media posts seemingly indicating people are a hell of a lot more concerned and upset over Bud Lite's legal business relationship with a transgender.
You are right, that is disgusting that more isn't being done.

Cracker Barrel faces backlash for posting celebratory Pride Month rocking chair: 'Showing true colors' FoxBusiness

One of America’s oldest restaurants chains, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, is facing backlash from conservatives for going ‘woke’ after the restaurant posted an image on Instagram of one of its restaurants with a rainbow-painted chair to announce the celebration of Pride Month.

e18fd234-1.jpg
How dare Cracker Barrel?! the Shame!!!!
Meh...
1. Businesses are free to promote whatever they want. This is good.
2. Consumers are free to spend or avoid spending their money as they see fit. This is also good.
3. CB is a silly roadside tourist trap with below-average food and gift shop populated by trash made in China (probably).

I would personally avoid based on the criteria specified in bullet point #3, and not the colorful rocker.

Back