Bud Light Controversy Spreads to Target, Sending the Stock Lower

Garth Brooks Isn't Banning Bud Light From His Nashville Honky Tonk Bar

Garth Brooks' Friends in Low Places Bar & Honky Tonk is still under construction in downtown Nashville, but the country star wants to make clear what kind of atmosphere he plans to create for visitors.

"Yes, we are going to serve every brand of beer," Brooks told the crowd, garnering a mixed response. "It's not our decision to make. Our thing is this: If you come into this house, love one another. If you're an a--hole, there are plenty other places on Lower Broadway [to go]."

Big & Rich singer John Rich, who owns the Lower Broadway bar Redneck Riviera, has been outspoken on social media about his intentions to stop selling the product in protest.
Pretty sound reasoning from Garth Brooks. Seems like he understands that being a--hole isn't a great strategy. I'm glad you're warming up to this idea.

Pretty sound reasoning from Garth Brooks. Seems like he understands that being a--hole isn't a great strategy. I'm glad you're warming up to this idea.
He clearly said what he said just to provoke the homophobes like John Rich.

Heck, he called the folks boycotting Budweiser "a--holes" and told them they weren't welcome in his bar.

That's way more provocative that wishing homophobes an "uncomfortable month".

Heck, he called the folks boycotting Budweiser "a--holes" and told them they weren't welcome in his bar.

False. He is promoting "loving one another". Different motives altogether.

i know right schitts creek GIF by CBC
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Sure thing pearlclutcher and all-knowing arbiter of every other person on earth's motives and intent.
Interesting sentiment considering your post claiming to know his intent just two posts prior (quoted below).

He is telling homophobes to stay out and saying they are assholes. This sounds like the exact opposite of the message you want spread based on your comments on the other thread.

Interesting sentiment considering your post claiming to know his intent just two posts prior (quoted below).
I quoted his post calling Bud Light boycotters assholes and saying they weren't welcome in his bar and pointed out that was more provocative than wisihing homophobes an "uncomfortable month".

And made fun of your repeated posts claiming to know people's intent and motives including this one to which I was responding where you commented on his motives and strategies....

You claim he seems to understand that being an a--hole isn't a great strategy.

He called people that disagree with him a--holes in his own statement. You're equating wishing someone an "uncomfortable month" with physical violence over and over again, but claim that calling a group of people a--holes is "understanding that being a a--hole isn't a great strategy"....and is a promoting "loving one another".....by calling other people a--holes.

Which is a moronic position to take.

I quoted his post calling Bud Light boycotters assholes and saying they weren't welcome in his bar and pointed out that was more provocative than wisihing homophobes an "uncomfortable month".

And made fun of your repeated posts claiming to know people's intent and motives including this one to which I was responding where you commented on his motives and strategies....

You claim he seems to understand that being an a--hole isn't a great strategy.

He called people that disagree with him a--holes in his own statement. You're equating wishing someone an "uncomfortable month" with physical violence over and over again, but claim that calling a group of people a--holes is "understanding that being a a--hole isn't a great strategy"....and is a promoting "loving one another".....by calling other people a--holes.

Which is a moronic position to take.
He's not the one prowling around looking for a fight. He's responding to a specific inquiry on the subject. There's a big difference.

Calling people out for being a--holes is not the same as being an a--hole yourself. He's just taking the stance that he doesn't plan to accommodate a--holes, which is totally fair from the standpoint of being a business owner being asked specifically if he'll accommodate them.

I also noticed that you conveniently failed to address your own hypocrisy in the post above, and tried to wordsmith your way around it.

Last edited:
He is telling homophobes to stay out and saying they are assholes. This sounds like the exact opposite of the message you want spread based on your comments on the other thread.
He's not telling them to stay out. He's just not going to accommodate their boycott.

He's not the one prowling around looking for a fight. He's responding to a specific inquiry on the subject. There's a big difference.

Calling people out for being a--holes is not the same as being an a--hole yourself. He's just taking the stance that he doesn't plan to accommodate a--holes, which is totally fair from the standpoint of being a business owner being asked specifically if he'll accommodate them.

I also noticed that you conveniently failed to address your own hypocrisy in the post above, and tried to wordsmith your way around it.
I addressed your ridiculous claim of hypocrisy directly and explicitly you mope.

Can we all just agree that Garth opening a tourist trap bar in Nashville is douchey all the way around no matter what watery beer he sells?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we all just agree that Garth opening a tourist trap bar in Nashville is douchey all the way around no matter what watery beer he sells?

Not really.....no.

• Haha
Reactions: PF5
View attachment 547because a country music star opens a bar in Nashville, the 'capital' of country music??

View attachment 547because a country music star opens a bar in Nashville, the 'capital' of country music??

You want to go to Nashville and absorb the atmosphere then do that. There are hundreds of old Nashville spots where history actually happened, take one of the many tours and learn who did what and where… but these celebrity named clip joints are the Family Dollar of bars that exist only to sell bad bar food and sell t shirts and tchotchkes to tourists. It’s not like Garth worked in this place or it was instrumental in the making of any of his music. It’ll be a TGI Friday’s with sawdust on the floor.

You want to go to Nashville and absorb the atmosphere then do that. There are hundreds of old Nashville spots where history actually happened, take one of the many tours and learn who did what and where… but these celebrity named clip joints are the Family Dollar of bars that exist only to sell bad bar food and sell t shirts and tchotchkes to tourists. It’s not like Garth worked in this place or it was instrumental in the making of any of his music. It’ll be a TGI Friday’s with sawdust on the floor.

You presume a lot, but even if you are right about the nature of the bar….there isn’t anything particularly douchey about giving the mass of tourists what they want.

Probably wouldn’t be my cup of tea as I have my local Nashville joints that I prefer going to, but I don’t begrudge him opening it or the people that will want to go there.

Lots of people actually like TGI Friday’s. Maybe even prefer it over a…let’s say….a local hole in the wall taqueria or something. Different strokes and all that.

Garth Brooks Isn't Banning Bud Light From His Nashville Honky Tonk Bar

Garth Brooks' Friends in Low Places Bar & Honky Tonk is still under construction in downtown Nashville, but the country star wants to make clear what kind of atmosphere he plans to create for visitors.

"Yes, we are going to serve every brand of beer," Brooks told the crowd, garnering a mixed response. "It's not our decision to make. Our thing is this: If you come into this house, love one another. If you're an a--hole, there are plenty other places on Lower Broadway [to go]."

Big & Rich singer John Rich, who owns the Lower Broadway bar Redneck Riviera, has been outspoken on social media about his intentions to stop selling the product in protest.

Good man. True Cowboy.

Back