Bud Light Controversy Spreads to Target, Sending the Stock Lower

Calls someone douchey.

Calls someone the epitome of a troll for calling his behavior in doing that douchey.

Animated GIF

Came to see if I needed to reiterate my point, but I see you’ve already done it. You literally troll this forum looking to argue with and belittle anyone who doesn’t goose step to your exact way of thinking. That’s the definition of a troll. You’ve done it several times in this single thread. It’s no skin off my nose if that’s what you want to do, but it seems like a pretty miserable way to live. I made a comment, you disagree with me. A little back and forth is fine, but by all means…
e57dcaa4223cd5f733262bed26d96b2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to see if I needed to reiterate my point, but I see you’ve already done it. You literally troll this forum looking to argue with and belittle anyone who doesn’t goose step to your exact way of thinking. That’s the definition of a troll. You’ve done it several times in this single thread. It’s no skin off my nose if that’s what you want to do, but it seems like a pretty miserable way to live. I made a comment, you disagree with me. A little back and forth is fine, but by all means…
e57dcaa4223cd5f733262bed26d96b2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your post is a very douchey post, IMO.

Garth Brooks addresses 'stir' over saying his bar will serve Bud Light nbc news

Country music star Garth Brooks addressed critics Monday after he said his bar would serve Bud Light and made other comments, and he again said he wants customers to show tolerance.
Brooks addressed the controversy Monday on his livestream “Inside Studio G,” acknowledging that there had been a “quite a little bit of a stir” since the Billboard event.

“Everybody’s got their opinions. But inclusiveness is always going to be me,” Brooks said. “I think diversity is the answer to the problems that are here and the answer to the problems that are coming. So I love diversity. All inclusive, so all are welcome. I understand that might not be other people’s opinions, but that’s OK, man.”

Brooks also said that Bud Light is one of most popular beers in America, that as a bar owner he will sell it and that he would let the patrons decide whether to buy it or not.

"So, here’s the deal, man, if you want to come to Friends in Low Places, come in. But come in with love, come in with tolerance, patience. Come in with an open mind, and it’s cool," Brooks said.

"And if you’re one of those people that just can’t do that, I get it," he said. "If you ever are one of those people that want to try, come."

Country music star Garth Brooks addressed critics Monday after he said his bar would serve Bud Light and made other comments, and he again said he wants customers to show tolerance.
Brooks addressed the controversy Monday on his livestream “Inside Studio G,” acknowledging that there had been a “quite a little bit of a stir” since the Billboard event.

“Everybody’s got their opinions. But inclusiveness is always going to be me,” Brooks said. “I think diversity is the answer to the problems that are here and the answer to the problems that are coming. So I love diversity. All inclusive, so all are welcome. I understand that might not be other people’s opinions, but that’s OK, man.”

Brooks also said that Bud Light is one of most popular beers in America, that as a bar owner he will sell it and that he would let the patrons decide whether to buy it or not.

"So, here’s the deal, man, if you want to come to Friends in Low Places, come in. But come in with love, come in with tolerance, patience. Come in with an open mind, and it’s cool," Brooks said.

"And if you’re one of those people that just can’t do that, I get it," he said. "If you ever are one of those people that want to try, come."
Business move, Garth is all about Garth making more money. Not that there's anything wrong with that

Business move, Garth is all about Garth making more money. Not that there's anything wrong with that
absolutely nothing wrong with him trying to make more $$, it's kind of what 97.3% of the population does...I would say he's also a pretty damn good dude...

Okay,

It worked on you, you are all about praising him.
Or maybe, stay with me here, Garth actually cares about people who are marginalized by society? He's shown himself to be a compassionate person concerning racial equality and other social issues in the past. This seems to be in line with his previous stances and values.

But if you want to chalk it up to him being a money-grubbing opportunist, that seems to be in line with your previous overly-simplistic, narrow-minded, cynical takes.

Hate on the guy all you want. Like @CowboyJD said, he obviously was supporting Bernie Sanders in 2020.
supporters_blast_garth_brooks.jpg

Or maybe, stay with me here, Garth actually cares about people who are marginalized by society? He's shown himself to be a compassionate person concerning racial equality and other social issues in the past. This seems to be in line with his previous stances and values.

But if you want to chalk it up to him being a money-grubbing opportunist, that seems to be in line with your previous overly-simplistic, narrow-minded, cynical takes.

Hate on the guy all you want. Like @CowboyJD said, he obviously was supporting Bernie Sanders in 2020.
30 years ago Garth refused to play at the Super Bowl unless his video for We Shall be Free was played after his performance. If I remember right the NFL agreed to play the video then hours before the game the NFL said no. Garth said he isn't playing unless they play the video. The NFL caved.

Exactly what I suggested in previous posts. He is being inclusive, and even extending that inclusivity to people who disagree with his stance. Y'all saying that he's being some kind of closed-minded, militant aggressor on this issue are (and were) completely wrong.

Have you actually witnessed Garth's largesse? The only benefit I have seen him do is the concert at OSU. He is a business man that is extremely aggressive, that indicates that he is all about his brand. Your world view is woefully myopic.

Okay,

It worked on you, you are all about praising him.
I haven't really praised him at all.

I don't particularly think he's a saint or anything. I know he's an aggressive businessman when it comes to protecting his brand and his product. I also recognize that part of his brand is portraying himself as a generous, giving person. I also recognize that he has actually engaged in large and numerous charitable events. He's no saint....none of us are....but he performs plenty of acts of largesse and charity.

I've just pointed out that you're taking an incredibly ridiculous, completely internally contradictory position against him like he stole your girl or something back in the day and you're not thinking clearly.

Last edited:
Have you actually witnessed Garth's largesse? The only benefit I have seen him do is the concert at OSU. He is a business man that is extremely aggressive, that indicates that he is all about his brand. Your world view is woefully myopic.

He definitely stole your girl back in the day.

Teammates for Kids Foundation, many children's charities, famine relief, benefit concerts (including for OK 2013 tornado), support for gay rights, but yeah, he's only about himself....smh

I would have to see that he is not paid for those appearances to believe in his great altruism. It's like that con FarmAid that Willie made a small fortune from. But hey, slobber on Garth, get after it, it's your choice.

Back