2024 Presidential Election

Marjorie Taylor Greene Doubles Down on Democrats can control the Weather Comments After Backlash​

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has doubled down on her allegation that an unspecified "they" can control the weather, a claim that has sparked a backlash online.

"Yes they can control the weather," the Georgia lawmaker and staunch Donald Trump ally wrote on X, formerly Twitter, on Saturday night. "Anyone who says they don't, or makes fun of this, is lying to you. By the way, the people know it and hate all of you who try to cover it up."

The post comes less than a week after Hurricane Helene left a trail of destruction across the Southeastern United States, with the death toll at 227 as of Saturday, according to The Associated Press. Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Milton is brewing in the Gulf of Mexico, and is due to develop into a hurricane and hit Florida midweek.

Greene's comments come after a previous X post on Thursday, in which she originally accused "they" of being able to control the weather.

Her post went viral and had a user-created community note added to it, which clarified that existing "weather control" technology is limited to small scale cloud seeding and was not capable of creating large storms or hurricanes. The post was widely mocked.

In response to Greene's Thursday post, former Republican National Committee chairman and frequent Trump critic Michael Steele wrote, "Yours is a special kind of stupid." Democratic influencer Harry Sisson posted, "You are dumber than a bag of rocks," and another account wrote, "We know you're the dumbest member of Congress. You don't have to remind us of it every day."

Later on Thursday, she posted an image of Helene overlaid on an electoral map, suggesting that the hurricane's path had been intentionally set in motion to target Republican-leaning counties.

Her Saturday post ramped up the allegation and included a 98-second clip of C-SPAN footage from 2016 showing Barack Obama administration CIA Director John Brennan discussing climate engineering. In the clip, Brennan talks about the pros and cons of pumping particles into the atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays and thereby cooling the Earth

Brennan discussed the cost of such a program, were it implemented, and stated that it would not remove any carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and would therefore not solve all environmental problems, including ocean acidification. He also said such a program could stoke geopolitical tensions if the artificially altered climate benefited some regions and damaged others.

Greene did not provide evidence of any existing technologies or programs implemented by the U.S. government, nor any private companies or other governments, that are capable of, or are currently engaging in, climate engineering at a scale sufficient to start a Hurricane.

Newsweek has contacted Greene via email outside of business hours for comment.

The congresswoman has a history of promoting conspiracy theories. In 2021, she was stripped of her committee assignments by the House Democratic majority over her embrace of said theories, racist remarks and her past endorsement of violence against leading Democrats.

In 2018, she suggested that the Rothschilds, a wealthy Jewish banking family frequently referred to in antisemitic conspiracy theories, were involved in a profit-making plot to use space lasers to start wildfires in California.

This was a pretty sad post to scroll past this morning. The poster is someone I've known since I was a kid in the church I grew up in. Most of the "adults" from that church have all fallen into this same MAGA trap and it's been incredibly disheartening to watch it slowly develop over the years. Imagine being religious and thinking a comment like this is OK...
3e61db2396e03e2ee7a1e383e4e65e6b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This was a pretty sad post to scroll past this morning. The poster is someone I've known since I was a kid in the church I grew up in. Most of the "adults" from that church have all fallen into this same MAGA trap and it's been incredibly disheartening to watch it slowly develop over the years. Imagine being religious and thinking a comment like this is OK...

I saw a guy post something saying the only people helping hurricane victims are conservatives and Christians. Their brains are rotted to the core.

North Carolina’s second-largest newspaper condemns Trump for ‘ridiculous’ Helene response ‘falsehoods’

This is not a situation to capitalize on for political gain. But former President Donald Trump has politicized the situation at every turn, spreading falsehoods and conspiracies that fracture the community instead of bringing it together,” read the newspaper’s editorial.

Republicans, led by Trump, are making themselves look yet more evil, selfish, while promoting more divisiveness.

In Nov. 2020 it was more important than ever before to vote to keep Trump out.

Now for Nov. 2024 it will be more important than ever before again to vote to keep Trump out. In Oklahoma, October 11 is last night to register to vote.

Last edited:
Republicans lose bid to block Pennsylvania voters from 'curing' mail-in ballots reuters

Pennsylvania election officials will be able to notify voters of any mistakes in their mail-in ballots and let them make changes, the state's top court ruled, in a blow to Republicans who sought to block the practice in a state crucial to determining who will be the next U.S. president.
The case is one of more than 120 voting-related lawsuits the RNC is involved with across 26 states. Republicans say they are trying to restore faith in elections by ensuring people don't vote illegally, but some legal experts and voting rights groups argue the legal blitz is meant to lay the groundwork to challenge potential losses and suppress votes for Democrats.

The resolution said the state wouldn’t recognize the election of a Democratic candidate if the Republican presidential or vice presidential candidate is “assassinated, seriously injured during an assassination attempt, incarcerated, defacto eliminated or barred from the ballot in any states, or is the subject of legal actions that preclude their effective campaigning.”

It also said if the West Virginia Attorney General or Secretary of State with the State Legislature “determine[d]” election fraud or interference was the reason the candidate got the majority in the Electoral College, they would not recognize the candidate’s election.

The resolution said the state wouldn’t recognize the election of a Democratic candidate if the Republican presidential or vice presidential candidate is “assassinated, seriously injured during an assassination attempt, incarcerated, defacto eliminated or barred from the ballot in any states, or is the subject of legal actions that preclude their effective campaigning.”

It also said if the West Virginia Attorney General or Secretary of State with the State Legislature “determine[d]” election fraud or interference was the reason the candidate got the majority in the Electoral College, they would not recognize the candidate’s election.
The more crap like this the more I believe the Project 25 guy that said the election will be peaceful if the Democrates don’t fight the election. Which means they are trying to actually steal it.

The more crap like this the more I believe the Project 25 guy that said the election will be peaceful if the Democrates don’t fight the election. Which means they are trying to actually steal it.
I don't know how this works. One state refuses to acknowledge POTUS...
What happens to WV, do they treat the loser as president even though they aren't in office..? Weird.

I don't know how this works. One state refuses to acknowledge POTUS...
What happens to WV, do they treat the loser as president even though they aren't in office..? Weird.

If one candidate gets to 270 electoral votes it won’t matter. If enough states refuse to certify that a candidate doesn’t get to 270, the House votes for President and the Senate for VP.

If one candidate gets to 270 electoral votes it won’t matter. If enough states refuse to certify that a candidate doesn’t get to 270, the House votes for President and the Senate for VP.
And now you know why Trump has been calling for the POTUS to be given the power to remove and replace their VP ..

It specifically calls out if the EC majority winner (i.e. candidate with >270 EC votes) is deemed to have won due to percieved conditions of election fraud. So this only applies when someone got the majority.... or the D candidate illegally assassinated the R candidate. Not sure why not symmetrical on that one.

It specifically calls out if the EC majority winner (i.e. candidate with >270 EC votes) is deemed to have won due to percieved conditions of election fraud. So this only applies when someone got the majority.... or the D candidate illegally assassinated the R candidate. Not sure why not symmetrical on that one.
Notice how it doesn’t say if the republican assassinated the democrats would do the same?

You sure Senate votes for VP? I know House votes but I thought that was for the full ticket (Pres and VP). I could be wrong, don't think this was taught in civics back in the early 90s.

Oh, well then it doesn’t really matter if they certify or not.

And yes the Senate picks the VP.

Oh, well then it doesn’t really matter if they certify or not.

And yes the Senate picks the VP.
Weird. Why would we do that? Thought we learned very early to have P and VP tied to the same ticket (party) so they don't fight each other. Guess we never thought to change it.

Millions of Christians not planning to vote this November, could shape election: Study​

Back